Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th December

Looked like he might have got a toe on the ball. But you're always risking it by jumping in like that.

The ref inadvertently played his part in the first goal though, so I guess it evens itself out. Not that either incident decided the game.

Anyway, football (and Romania) is the winner with such a fantastic atmosphere between what I believe to be two of the best sets of fans at this level.

For me the Hertford player should have not been sent off. Perhaps Hertford could use this as video evidence.

Same. I expected you to struggle to an ultimate victory and Berko to walk it.

Either way, glad you both made it.

Odds on you meeting each other in the next round?

Lends weight to the "whispers" of the ESL being the easier league to get out of as well.

Maybe the "whispers" are right. Just seemed Basildon were not up for it, which is hard to believe. Think the ESL teams are just not consistent.

Mid table Hullbridge, knocked out unbeaten at the time and top of the Eastern Counties Norwich United in the last round and now 4th placed Stanway Rovers . FC Romania looked useful against Hertford.

Basildon just did not seem to have a game plan.

Also for probably one of their biggest games in recent years, brought 1 committee member and about 6 fans.

Edited by OD's

FC Romania thoroughly deserved their victory at Hertford Town... played with 10 men for whole 2nd half... I think red card was harsh but others said defo sending off. I suppose the replay will tell all.

Cracking atmosphere today

Great to finally meet you and put a face to the name Cold End. Fantastic footage yet again fella. Best team won on the day but I'm really proud of The Blues players and management for their effort, respect and restraint in difficult conditions. FC Romania are a decent outfit but the diving, cheating & dirty tactics let them down. Their fans are different class however! Wish we could have that kind of atmosphere from visiting fans every week at The Park but I guess that won't happen unless we go up a couple of divisions but sadly that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Great to meet you to Col. Sorry I was busy filming... didn't have time for a chat... next time we'll have a beer.

Both sets of fans were great yesterday.. I walked through the Romania fans after and they were great when I said well played and good luck. Nice bunch they are.

Hertford will come again I think... need a pacey midfielder or forward in my opinion.

Great to meet you to Col. Sorry I was busy filming... didn't have time for a chat... next time we'll have a beer.

Both sets of fans were great yesterday.. I walked through the Romania fans after and they were great when I said well played and good luck. Nice bunch they are.

Hertford will come again I think... need a pacey midfielder or forward in my opinion.

Deal! I think we have a great squad and just need to shore up at the back. Poor tactics and negative formation let us down again yesterday which the manager has already admitted to, to give him some credit. To be fair to the team yesterday we played as well as we could I think and they were disciplined and respectful in complete contrast to the visiting team. Not often I can be proud of our behaviour but I was yesterday.

Would you say a team to avoid in the next round BDC.

They'll be a handful for whoever they draw. A decent outfit, fast-breaking play-on-the ground side and great fans but our stewards were busy all day trying to control that Eastern-European exuberance. They deserved the win.

I saw FC Romania play Southall a few years ago and their players liked to dive about back then. They had sod all supporters back then any idea if those supporters turn up week in week out? or just at the big games?

Edited by Savagebee