Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd January

Any new players?

Massive wins for Southall FC and Hillingdon Borough FC.

Several new faces for the Hares and a step up in performance, Perry Dicker out injured  didn,t help the cause though, at least they are not stranded at the bottom (yet) a 2 or 3 game winning run would do their confidence the world of good otherwise they may well be playing Southall and Hillingdon Boro next season.

Made my first trip to Silver Jubilee Park since the Kingsbury London Tigers days. Got to say, there's been a BIG improvement there, although still ongoing. One thing I couldn't believe though was the old "Kingsbury slope' was still there, despite a re-lay of the pitch!! Surely should've been addressed at the time?

The game - First of all, I was treated to 90 mins of non-league peter pan f.moore and he didn't disappoint. Won every header, pinged out his clearances and he even went close to scoring with a cheeky outside of the foot effort. It'll be a sad day when he hangs up his boots.

Both sides played decent football, first half was Baldock's, second was Edgware's and after going down early on in the game, they snatched a deserved late equaliser in what I think may have been added time, if not, just before the 90. I had to have a chuckle as the Edgware fans, who were uncharacteristically quiet (I'm told), bellowed out "you're not singing anymore!" to the fantastic small gathering of Baldock fans behind the home goalkeeper's goal, who had been singing some crackers throughout the entire 90.  As usual with ssml games, thought the officials were poor unfortunately. One absolute howler moment, they played 'advantage' as the ball fell to an edgware player in an offside position - one it wasn't even passed to him, it broke to him from a Baldock tackle/foul and two it wasn't an advantage as he was offside! Both ref and referee's official dilly dallied and came to the wrong conclusion denying Edgware either a penalty or a free kick right on the edge of the box ( I couldn't quite see). They also missed two penalties for Edgware that on another day, you would've seen one, if not both, given. 

Overall, a good game and on this form, I can see Baldock pushing Edgware and Crawley Green for a promotion spot. It is just two who go up from this league isn't it?

Great result over the weekend for the Kent club after a tough week of hearing about there eviction and closure of there home. Many of legendary nights held down there with Daly and co.

Edited by RendonBodgers

Few of the chaps were in the Biscot Mill Sunday grabbing a bite to eat amd discussing it. Many calls for the possibility of a move over to Dallow Rd(Brache Spata). The nearest cafe will be happy to get there Saturday breakfast club fans back in if thats true.

All reminds me alittle to much of Broadfields United being moved out of there lovely Headstone home back in the day. Still, they carried on moving forward so no reason it cant work for Kent.

At a guess I would say facilities and money.

The Kents situation is basically down to the land being more valuable with houses on it. The leagrave/Beechwood road area is so popular because of its links to the train station and m1 as well as the schools and bury park walking distance.

The hierarchy at the Kents club had a history of not being overalls fussed about the football teams and preferred the bowls club. Now both have gone.

Such a shame, spent most of my childhood in the Kents club.

Moving to Brache may be a possible move but I would think a lot of work would need doing to the changing rooms and club house.

61fc may be the only side to still be playin in Luton at the minute but fingers crossed Crawley Green pull their finger out and get the ground they've promised to build started sooner rather than later.