Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 20th February

Jonno was you at the game this afternoon, our Hertford pals were? Good to speak to Locus and BigDogCol from Hertford. Good game with one bizarre goal, shame the pitch is now in a mess. Feel sorry for the ground staff.

Pitch drains super fast and the groundsman is the best around. He will have it ship shape and ready to go for Tuesday's reserve game. Yes I was there but if you were standing with BDC you wouldn't have seen me. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than stand around and listen to his nonsense.

Jonno was you at the game this afternoon, our Hertford pals were? Good to speak to Locus and BigDogCol from Hertford. Good game with one bizarre goal, shame the pitch is now in a mess. Feel sorry for the ground staff.

Was good to see you guys as well Uncle T. I actually really enjoyed the match. Hoddesdon did great to get the game on. Because of the conditions it had a 1970s FA cup match feel to it. Both teams played surprisingly good football on the ground all things considered. Tommy Wade was excellent at holding the ball up front until players made runs. The Leverstock Green centre mid was very good.

I feel for the groundsman though as he has done a great job and will feel like it is all undone this morning.

Yes it did have that old school feel to it Loucas. Just needed Jimmy Hill presenting it!!!

The pitch did look bad after the game, but let's be honest, it's nearly March and you can't protect the pitch forever. Just gotta get the games played at this stage of the season. Makes you laugh though when our reserve side went all the way to Xmas without a midweek game, then had no fixture for 3 weeks in January. Next thing you know, we will be told that they are gonna have to extend the season!!!

Clubs want Saturday football hence with the number of Saturdays very few midweek games.

However I will be suggesting that any club that wishes to bring forward January/February games to early midweek will be allowed to do so at the AGM

Would you on a cold February afternoon caked in mud fancy a freezing cold shower or remain unwashed with a hours drive back to London.

Sorry i think id rather be a man and brave a cold shower than drive unwashed...thats ridicuous...what next, players suing clubs because they caught a cold...Man Up i say, you should want to play football regardless, if youve just run around a pitch in the freezing cold for 90mins, whats a 2min shower in going to do to you...absurb. I played football at the weekend and the conditions were probably worse.

Karen,

Do not give options, just schedule the midweek fixtures through September and October. 

Not that simple - Clubs would have to vote on a blank month at the AGM so I can programme the website fixture generator to close out the dates

Uncle T, on 22 Feb 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Karen,

Do not give options, just schedule the midweek fixtures through September and October. 

8th August to 30th April inclusive = 39 Saturdays, minus a few for FA Cup/Vase ties = 36 and with a 42 game programme, some midweeks will HAVE to be pre-scheduled whether the clubs like it or not.

Even allowing for the possibility of Cup replays, there's no reason why they can't be "front-loaded" as has happened in the past.