Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 19th March

Totally agree Bigdog. Another nice touch from WGC is that they let the guys from our disability football team in for free. A classy club.

A very nice touch from a very nice club . . . 

highlights of Welwyn GC v Hertford Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyVMsE6m5Q&feature=youtu.be

talking points -

1) I missed the first goal - sorry!! 

2) Penalty or no Penalty - from 1m 40secs... the referee gave it and i think probably correct decision.

3) Penalty or no Penalty - from 3m 55secs... not given and no real appeal from the Hertford players or fans (right in front of them) - could of been given I think as the ball wasn't touched?

talking points -

2) Penalty or no Penalty - from 1m 40secs... the referee gave it and i think probably correct decision.

3) Penalty or no Penalty - from 3m 55secs... not given and no real appeal from the Hertford players or fans (right in front of them) - could of been given I think as the ball wasn't touched?

2) - Agree no pen, outside the box. I find it amazing how these players are weak when it matters and then on 3m 10secs hes as strong as an ox pulling a defender away from the ball to score

3) - No actual contact - although the tackle was reckless if it would have connected.

I notice you never commented on the yellow for D.Smith? Rose pops up again and retaliation also...surely all 3 yellows? Bit of a one sided decison there. Unless the whole booking scenario wasnt shown.

All in all though seems like Hertford had more opportunities but then again its decent coverage/highlights.

I notice you never commented on the yellow for D.Smith?

Daryl Smith wasn't cautioned - The four bookings for Welwyn Garden City were John McGrandles, Jay Lovell, Yasin Boodhoo and Carl Mensah

talking points -

Great footage as always Cold End!

1) Never mind, we nearly missed HTFC's 2nd too!

2) Right in front of me, 2yrds inside the box when contact made. Correct decision.

3) Penalty all day and we did appeal too!

Great game, I must remember to watch next time that encounter happens.

Fiery start. Thought it looked like an elbow from Welwyn number 2, very sneaky/cowardly. Then the 8 took over and caught the brunt of 'little man syndrome' kick out. Ref sort of did well I guess, seen people sent off for less. Thought Welwyn were guilty of some very cynical fouls, they have a funny style of play, on the borderline of cheating. They play like a team from a higher level (and not in a good way). I'e always thought of ssml as less physical and more football, for the purists like myself. Hertford know how to mix it too, don't get me wrong.

Talking of little man syndrome, 12 seconds in, anyone else see that tubby little guy on the Welwyn bench jump up, take two paces towards the pitch (where the scrap was happening), then realise he's just a sub and can't get involved so starts scratching his bum.... proper pub league movements that! That did make me chuckle. Bet he's all mouth and no trousers.

Great game, I must remember to watch next time that encounter happens.

Fiery start. Thought it looked like an elbow from Welwyn number 2, very sneaky/cowardly. Then the 8 took over and caught the brunt of 'little man syndrome' kick out. Ref sort of did well I guess, seen people sent off for less. Thought Welwyn were guilty of some very cynical fouls, they have a funny style of play, on the borderline of cheating. They play like a team from a higher level (and not in a good way). I'e always thought of ssml as less physical and more football, for the purists like myself. Hertford know how to mix it too, don't get me wrong.

Talking of little man syndrome, 12 seconds in, anyone else see that tubby little guy on the Welwyn bench jump up, take two paces towards the pitch (where the scrap was happening), then realise he's just a sub and can't get involved so starts scratching his bum.... proper pub league movements that! That did make me chuckle. Bet he's all mouth and no trousers.

Welwyn Number 2 and elbow, you sure? Is it anyones fault that someone is smaller and at that level?

What cracks me up is no Hertford player was booked in that melee? How?! Rose and the little man should have at been given yellows as well going on that footage.

Sent off for what exactly? Seriously a one sided comment there matey.

Are you p*ssed lol, borderline cheating....care to elaborate?

I think there is physicality in every game, thats the way it should be, its not a pansies sport after all, just look at Herford themselves this season, you have to match teams like that after all...its a "dont be bullied" mentality.

Im putting my money on Arnott...hes a funny character, barks a lot but a good player in his day.

I feel undertones of slapstick comedy here though, so fair do, its made me chuckle a bit and a few rises from me with my comments....well played :-)

Welwyn Number 2 and elbow, you sure? Is it anyones fault that someone is smaller and at that level?

What cracks me up is no Hertford player was booked in that melee? How?! Rose and the little man should have at been given yellows as well going on that footage.

I think there is physicality in every game, thats the way it should be, its not a pansies sport after all, just look at Herford themselves this season, you have to match teams like that after all...its a "dont be bullied" mentality.

Im putting my money on Arnott...hes a funny character, barks a lot but a good player in his day.

I feel undertones of slapstick comedy here though, so fair do, its made me chuckle a bit and a few rises from me with my comments....well played :-)

The "little man", No 11, Tyler Hatherly did pick up a yellow in that exchange along with the WGC 15.

Were you even watching this game?

The "little man", No 11, Tyler Hatherly did pick up a yellow in that exchange along with the WGC 15.

Were you even watching this game?

No i wasnt present, im going by the highlights as shown, all edited quite well to shown a one dimensional view.

As for some of the other comments, whether in jest, comical or not, i think Hertford at the very least should be bracketted the same.

Short term memory anyone?!

Oh and Big Dog....youre still shying away from the comments ive previously made regarding how on earth your manager stays under the radar when the league disicplines disreputable actions carried out throughout this season!

No i wasnt present, im going by the highlights as shown, all edited quite well to shown a one dimensional view.

As for some of the other comments, whether in jest, comical or not, i think Hertford at the very least should be bracketted the same.

Short term memory anyone?!

Oh and Big Dog....youre still shying away from the comments ive previously made regarding how on earth your manager stays under the radar when the league disicplines disreputable actions carried out throughout this season!

I hardly think you can call The Cold End biased towards either of our teams so that's a bit unfair.

Our manager has been held accountable and dealt with . . . past history . . . get over it.

I hardly think you can call The Cold End biased towards either of our teams so that's a bit unfair.

Our manager has been held accountable and dealt with . . . past history . . . get over it.

Highlights didnt show the full picture...why only show the Welwyn player booked? Im sure the ref didnt take an age to book the players?!

Under the radar of any kind of media reassurance....thats the way to do it....sounds to me like Hertford just didnt want the bad publicity against doing the right thing and making an example of a repeat offender! Tell me how many times has this happened before? This season!!

What kind of example is this showing?! Madness...hey ho...lets wait until the next time...because we all know there will be a next time.

Highlights didnt show the full picture...why only show the Welwyn player booked? Im sure the ref didnt take an age to book the players?!

Under the radar of any kind of media reassurance....thats the way to do it....sounds to me like Hertford just didnt want the bad publicity against doing the right thing and making an example of a repeat offender! Tell me how many times has this happened before? This season!!

What kind of example is this showing?! Madness...hey ho...lets wait until the next time...because we all know there will be a next time.

Wow, trying to stir the pot... Though calling TheColdEnd's video of the game as being biased is out of order.  And obviously, you haven't even looked at his webpage.  Shame on you Sir, Shame on you!!

Wow, trying to stir the pot... Though calling TheColdEnd's video of the game as being biased is out of order.  And obviously, you haven't even looked at his webpage.  Shame on you Sir, Shame on you!!I

I say what i see, i saw only 1 yellow shown....why? Doesnt show the full picture and show evidently shows a biased view.

Ive looked at his/her website, im just stating in this instance, this is what i see...this is a forum, freedom of speech, are you telling me you see the whole picture in this instance on that video footage?.....thought not Sir...shame on you my friend.

Wow, trying to stir the pot... Though calling TheColdEnd's video of the game as being biased is out of order.  And obviously, you haven't even looked at his webpage.  Shame on you Sir, Shame on you!!

Here here. Shame on HSIAP.

Calling for his right to freedom of speech, after two posts earlier, writing an essay to criticise my freedom of speech. What is all that about. 

Must be a Welwyn player  :rolleyes:

rumbled....

Must be a Welwyn player  :rolleyes:

rumbled....

. . . and from a "player" that wasn't even there too.

Surely one without a particular agenda indeed.

Rhodes is reborn, Hallelujah!