Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 28th January Match Thread

Bagshot 2 Chessy 5

We made it 7 wins on a spin against the former league leaders with a very impressive first half performance.

With 7 players unavailable we had to shuffle the pack a little bit, this worked a treat with regular RB J Flack moving higher up to RW, he ended scoring our first 3 goals as we completely blitzed Bagshot with some scintillating attacking play!

Walter Figueira got on the scoresheet in the 40th minute with great composure in front of goal to really put the game to bed.

All this happened before Bagshot even managed a shot on goal!!

4 up at half time, the team talk was to ride the early storm and try to hit them on the break......the lads had other ideas, they started the second like they finished the first, complete domination, we actually created more chances in the second half but failed to add to score line.

16 year old CB George Isaacs grabbed himself a goal on 69 minutes to make it 2 in 2 for the impressive youngster. His U18 team mate Tyrell Muchina (also 16) was brought on with just over 20 minutes to play.

After our fifth goal it was incredible how the game changed, played in rather good spirits up until that point. It turned a bit nasty with some late fouls and blatant attempts to foul and hurt my players, it was quite embarrassing to watch really.

Bagshot scored 2 late goals with us taking our foot off the gas a bit, in between goals we could of scored a few more but we didn't have our shooting boots in the second half. This was made quite clear to us from the Bagshot keeper who screamed at my players after each miss "AHHHH YOUR SHIT" a weird statement from someone who had conceded 5 goals!!

"With 7 players unavailable"

SEVEN?

Yes 7......

Andrew Jones

Christian Money

Ryan Howard

Dan Green

Martyn Gange

Lee Davison

Lewis Skipp

Well done then. You guys are going well!

Spoke to him afterwards (one of his strong points being approachability) and he said there are lots of exceptions to that law.

Indeed but there were other defenders in the vicinity and it was clumsy rather than a deliberate trip. The Farnham supporters (and player) I was standing with were amazed he was sent off and assumed he must have said something to the ref. (Having watched him play this season I knew that was extremely unlikely.)

Indeed but there were other defenders in the vicinity and it was clumsy rather than a deliberate trip. The Farnham supporters (and player) I was standing with were amazed he was sent off and assumed he must have said something to the ref. (Having watched him play this season I knew that was extremely unlikely.)

Rother- I totally agree and was one of those that thought the ref got it wrong. The way he explained it to me was that it was still a red if there was no attempt to do anything other than stop the player scoring, such as handling on the line. He deemed that to be the case on Saturday. Not sure he was right, but at least it cleared it up for me.

And they play each other?  

Sorry my point is 3rd place gets you promoted I think? So top two shouldn't worry you, Its those getting past you in 3rd?

Not trying to be a smart arse but div 1 looking more interesting at the top than Prem, and three threatening to come up doesn't happen every season as Dorking know damn well! Which three might might come down from Prem?

And they play each other?

Sorry my point is 3rd place gets you promoted I think? So top two shouldn't worry you, Its those getting past you in 3rd?

Not trying to be a smart arse but div 1 looking more interesting at the top than Prem, and three threatening to come up doesn't happen every season as Dorking know damn well! Which three might might come down from Prem?

I was under the impression that only 2 go up from div 1 this year?

But I've recently read that there will be no relegation from step 4 into CCL prem? 1 goes up from prem to step 4 and 3 go down to div 1. If only 2 were to go up that again would leave the prem with an odd number (21)

Edited by Darren Woods

I will try to clarify if I can.

Firstly the proposed re-structure, if it goes ahead, which does seem likely, will have effect from season 2018-2019 so will have no bearing upon the situation at the end of the current season.

Our rules are reasonably clear in that, ideally, we have a three up, three down procedure between the Premier Division and Division One.  However, it is down to vacancies and it is always possible that only two (or even less in an extreme example) may be able to go up from Division One.  It all depends upon club movements at the end of the season, as dictated by the FA.  The situation will not become clear until the FA make their decisions as to who comes into our League and who goes out, when they consider promotion from the Premier Division to Step 4 and relegation from Step 4 to Step 5, along with any sideways movements.

If, for example, our champion club goes up but two clubs are relegated to us from Step 4  (which happened two seasons ago when both Redhill and AFC Hayes came to us) and the bottom three are relegated, then if nothing else happened, we would have a net total of 21 clubs left in the Premier.  In those circumstances only one would probably be able to go up from Division One as it is unlikely the FA would again allow us to have 23 clubs in the Prem, when every other Step 5 league has 22 or less, and they are looking to reduce our numbers the following season anyway.

I don't think that will happen as the FA will be likely to adjust the situation through sideways movements but the bottom line is that clubs in Division One need to be aware now, that not all the top three may be able to go up which has always been the case.  I strongly suspect that the FA will take note of such a situation and that one or more clubs currently in our Premier Division, or eligible for promotion from Div One, will be moved sideways at the end of the season.

The situation regarding the likely re-structure for season 2018-2019 seems to be that around 16 additional clubs over the norm will have the opportunity to move up from Step 5 to Step 4, which is approximately one from each Step 5 league but nothing is certain yet and there is some supposition that the additional clubs will largely be selected from leagues in the north to correct an assumed imbalance.

Quite what effect the whole thing will have upon our Division One remains to be seen, given that the four clubs without the full requirements of Grade G are due to forcefully relegated at the end of season 2017-2018 unless they can do the necessary work.

It is perhaps worth bearing in mind that 2 or 3 promotion places from 16 or 18 clubs is maybe not too bad in comparison with the clubs in the Prem where it is usually 1 promotion place from 22 clubs (23 this season)