Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

LATEST NEWS Two Experienced Midfielders Join Town

Two interesting midfield signings just announced by Town, with the arrivals of Steve Wales from Wingate & Finchley, and Mario Noto from Harlow Town.

Both players have considerable experience with previous clubs, details of which can be found on the ETFC official website.

A big Town welcome to both players.

Yes, the team are starting to make me feel younger all the time. I think young

Mickey Parcell is going to do an awful lot of running this year.

The bench will have to have some under 23s on it for the last half hour.

But then after all that has happened this past few months I hope I'm proved wrong.

Interesting that Andy Leese is from the potteries. The Stoke City team in the sixties were in  poor shape when Tony Waddington was appointed manager. He knew experience counted - Dennis Viollet, Jackie Mudie, Roy Vernon, Maurice Setters and Jimmy McIlroy were all brought to the Club when others thought their careers were over. The Club also had  Sir Stan Mathews who played his 701st, and final, league game aged 50.

Though the team sometimes struggled,  this formula enabled to Club to stabilise in the first division and provided the springboard for a very successful period in the club's history.

Looking forward to the season. COYT

Maidstone forum universal that Tyler was the standout trialist for them today, so think we have seen him in a Town shirt for the last time. Pleased for him, but will miss him as a true legend of the club.

Still hoping that a few more of last seasons team may return ... Nathan, harry, Karl, bobby .. could Jordan rejoin?

Team seems to be shaping up ok, with 12 or so players signed up. All the signings look experienced at this level or above, and a lot have worked together before, so starting to feel optimistic. And our starts of the last few seasons have been awful ...

Not personally worried about the age of the squad being developed.. short term stability and results key

Proof will be in the preseasons ... can't make Saturday so roll on Haringay Tuesday week...

I wish Tyler all the best at Maidstone and believe that he was never given a fair crack of the whip with Brad. He was always a lively player who game 100% though sometime played with his head down not looking for the telling pass but always wanting to do it himself.

I too can't wait to see how Braintree(old ETFC with money) perform. BQ has

certainly had to work hard this close season to form a team. It will be an

interesting first few months. Of course with a ready made team, their supporters

will have not have to endure numerous "trialists" for the first few months.

Being a complete cynic , I still wonder when the above plan was

first enacted.

By the way it is reported that Sol Cambell has offered his services as manager "FREE" to any non-league club, following his inability to obtain interviews with numerous professional club. Have the Board or Andy been in touch with him? I am sure he would help our cash flow somewhat and tempt some players to join. Watch out Brad!!!!

Finally,obviously, others have seen in Tyler what BQ appears to have missed.

OK ignore my comment about any more of last season's team returning ... Karl & Darnell scored 2 each for Braintree yesterday, and  Harry also played ...

Delighted to see that last year's ETFC squad DID eventually find a way of avoiding those pesky play-offs and making it into the Conference South!

I reckon a few of those players will soon find themselves searching for 1st team football elsewhere, but good luck to them.

Interesting that Andy Leese is from the potteries. The Stoke City team in the sixties were in  poor shape when Tony Waddington was appointed manager. He knew experience counted - Dennis Viollet, Jackie Mudie, Roy Vernon, Maurice Setters and Jimmy McIlroy were all brought to the Club when others thought their careers were over. The Club also had  Sir Stan Mathews who played his 701st, and final, league game aged 50.

Though the team sometimes struggled,  this formula enabled to Club to stabilise in the first division and provided the springboard for a very successful period in the club's history.

Looking forward to the season. COYT

Not  to mention a certain Geoff Hurst!

Funnily enough, The Oatcake message board has been running exactly the same thread with many people from S-o-T feeling that Mark Hughes is currently doing exactly the same as Waddington, did in terms of experience and youth for this season.

Waddo's tactic of picking up older players mixed with younger home grown talent did lead to the Potters' most successful period of their history, so fingers crossed eh duck!

It is the reason I support a fans owned club. Footballers and, it seems, managers come and go but the fan stays loyal to the club. I do not understand, especially at non-league level, why players change so much. In former times players at our level stayed with their club for years but now they move around without loyalty to the team.

The way that Brad took most of our team with him reminds me of the time that Tommy Lawrence went to Slough with the bones of our team but we got over that and still went forward, whilst Slough went backwards. We wait and see who has got the better of these shenanigans. Braintree or us.

It is the reason I support a fans owned club. Footballers and, it seems, managers come and go but the fan stays loyal to the club. I do not understand, especially at non-league level, why players change so much. In former times players at our level stayed with their club for years but now they move around without loyalty to the team.

The way that Brad took most of our team with him reminds me of the time that Tommy Lawrence went to Slough with the bones of our team but we got over that and still went forward, whilst Slough went backwards. We wait and see who has got the better of these shenanigans. Braintree or us.

Money talks.

Archived