Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Python definitely has a hand in this 'Con'-IFA! If you follow the link for ticket sales on the official ETFC website, you are given further links for individual matches. Click on one of those and you reach a page where you have to 'choose your team'. Click on that and a drop-down menu appears. Scroll down, and towards the end, after lots of 'never-even-heard-of-them' teams, you come to.... 'Yorkshire'!

So, they finally declared independence, but forgot to tell anyone!!!

Gentlemen I don't think you are taking this seriously!!!!!! After all have you not noticed that it's going to take place at the " Donkeydrome" . 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

"Not taking this seriously" 4WF? Come, come, sir! How could you say such a thing? However, since you've nudged our memories regarding the Donkeydome, I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed that "100 Acre Wood" didn't make it to the Finals (Eeyore is really stubborn centre half and Winnie The Pooh just floats through midfield like a bear holding a balloon). I remember well their classic encounter with Narnia (who, unfortunately, also failed to qualify).

So which team are the Enfield ultras going to get behind? And can we have half n half shirts??

I shall be supporting ABY (anyone but Yaaaaaaaarksheeeeeere)

LATEST NEWS
BUILD-UP

Two attractive, very interesting, Group B opening fixtures have been confirmed for our Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, in the 2018 CONIFA World Football Cup, on Thursday 31st May.

12.00 Noon  Abkhazia  v  Tibet

3.00pm       Northern Cyprus  v  Felvidek

Don't miss these matches. Abkhazia are the current World Football Cup holders.

Presumably this would be the same Abkhazia that partook of the 'ethnic cleansing' (i.e. indiscriminate murder of men, women and children) of Georgians in their own land? And we are welcoming their representatives (i.e. their team) to our stadium, while at the same time getting a bit sniffy at bookmakers?

You're probably right Theo. After all, we wouldn't want to trouble our pretty little heads about industrial-scale murder, would we? Not when it's the bookies causing all the problems.

Anyway, here's an extract concerning one of the episodes that occured during the killing. It's rather ironic in the circumstances, and deeply sickening:

"After the fall of Gagra, the victors started to pillage, rape, and torture followed by summary executions of everyone who was captured and failed to flee the city in time. At 5:00 pm on October 1, civilians (approximately 1000–1500 people) were rounded up and placed under the guard at the soccer stadium in downtown Gagra. On October 6, close to 50 civilians had been found hanging on electricity poles. Soon after, children, elderly, women and men who were detained on the soccer stadium were gunned down and dumped in mass graves not far from the stadium."

Just something to bear in mind when they come to OUR stadium.

I think I might give that game a miss either that or watch the match far way from an electric pylon....

According to several accounts, one hundred Georgians were herded into the central stadium in Gagra where they were decapitated, their heads used as footballs in a soccer match.

ANOTHER SNIPPET FROM THE REPORT

Edited by Theodopolous

I was trying to think of something witty to say until I read B-T-H and Theo's recent statements regarding Abkhazia

Having done some of my own research what I have read about the activities of this universally disavowed state made me feel physically sick.

If both the Board and other members,  including 72Wembleyfinal, who on the 9 Feb endorsed the acquisition of the competition as a wonderful  coup for the club, undertake similar research and still feels that having such members of this competition acceptable at the QE2 Stadium, then the whole principles on which the club was formed will be sorely compromised. 

There is also another aspect, because I and many others had not heard of Abkhazia until today, there will be others who are fully aware of their atrocities.  So don't be surprised if  various radical groups together with the Human Rights organisation descend on the club to voice there views. I do hope the necessary security has been planned for. 

I also hope that someone on the Board takes note of this in case it becomes a PR disaster.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

No stewards bib for me that day.

I can see mass demonstration at the very least.

Has this really been tbought through by our board.

Pound notes are not everything.

This just shows how hypocritical the club have been regarding giving money way if gambling pay us prize money for man of the match awards. We are happy to throw away precious money because some people have chosen to gamble and can’t act sensibly with there money but are happy to serve alcohol at matches(which ruins far more lives financially, causes liver problems and is linked heavily to domestic violence) and also to host a tournament that is heavily linked to a gambling agency and includes nations that in the recent past have committed acts of genocide. We are really being consistent here with our moral values! This is an embarrassment

Edited by ETFC17

Behind the goal.

You have brought up some very very worrying information.

Please speak to the chairman or any board member about it as you seem very clued up on the history.

I think this is very concerning for our club.

Please don't forget that northern Cyprus is not recognised by millions and every year there are well conducted demonstrations organised by groups of north London residents.

I’ve never heard of Abkhazia before we accepted to host some games for this tournament.

I don’t think we should engulf ourselves into the politics and historical atrocities which go on almost all over the world. Did you know that 1 in 12 of the worlds population have either migrated for economical reasons I.e a better life from poverty or been displaced, this can incorporate from the West’s bombing in foreign lands to dictatorial atrocities etc.

Therefore surely football/sport should be an avenue where politics, past history and personal opinions should be put aside in the name of friendship, education and letting the people enjoy what is after all a festival on equal grounds.

Just my opinion, otherwise don’t allow politics to ruin the normal mans/woman’s freedom to enjoy what is meant to be a footballing festival.

Edited by PocketRocket

I'm afraid sport has been used as a political football for as long as I can remember.... this event may or may not throw up problems I'm not sure any of us would know if any groups have demonstrations planned.... better to be aware though...