Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Folkestone Invicta

littlehampton

Welcome Folkestone

Tomorrow (Saturday 3.00pm) afternoon Town host Folkestone Invicta at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, as both sides look to recharge their Bostik  League Premier Division play off chances after mixed fortunes last weekend. With the end of the season in sight, and just eleven league matches to play (6 home and 5 away for Town) this is a vital "must win" match for both sides.

Last season, in Andy Leese's first home league match in charge, we drew 1-1 with Invicta in front of a crowd of 513. The match will be remembered for all eleven starters making their Town debuts.

Town go into this Saturday's match standing 9th in the Bostik Premier, two places and two points behind our visitors. A win and three points will lift us above Invicta, give us the double over them, and keep us in close touch with other play off contenders.

This is going to be a hard game for both sides, to close to call. Town need to be up for it, deliver a top quality team performance over ninety minutes, and make home advantage count.

Enjoy the match, get behind our guys with plenty of support and encouragement, to help them deliver a much needed victory.

Good luck everyone!  Let's hear it for the Town!  COYT

Have had a bit of a set back health wise last couple of weeks so will miss another match today.

Not sure what to make of the line up having seen those players on the bench, but will have to wait for the reports after the game. To my mind AL has still retained one or two in the team that are the main culprits of the belting the ball as far as they you can syndrome. Perhaps today, if possible, they will give a little more thought to what they do so those upfront will benefit.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

A completely forgettable first hour where our official MOM keeper Matt Nolan kept us in the game....it really was that bad... had my eyes shut when the ball forward found Matt who headed home so not sure what happened.... Highlight was the BB goal which really showed his class controlling the ball moving inside and finishing with a plum ?...... impressed with Jay Porter thought he had an excellent game... think the sending off helped us take control and we finished strongly.... bigger worry was the pathetic 382 crowd on a glorious day.... think that might be telling us something ....

Great result today, three points, a clean sheet,  we move up to sixth in the table, and are still well placed for the play offs. Sure most Enfield folk will have enjoyed that win even if they didn't get to the QES today. Well done Andy, Mario, Steve and our players. Up the Town!

Littlehampton.

I think the good folk of Enfield that didn't make the game probably enjoyed the result more than the folk that turned up.

Quite a few fans were saying at half time we pay to be entertained and it's not happening don't think we even had a shot on target.

The club shop is now selling deep heat to rub on sore necks after watching the ball smashed up into the sky.

Second half was better but generally another poor performance but a win is a win.

I would take another poor win next Sat though that's for sure.

As the previous two posters rightly said the performance when it was eleven against eleven was truly awful ... behind the goal for an hour the general opinion was the majority are sick to death with watching it....our first three Saturdays at home we had 440+ now at the business end of the season we lost 15% of those supporters... this could end up a damaging season for our club when it comes to next years income.....

Wasnt there today.....have to say there will be few surprises between now and the end of the season.

I like to watch sport that gets me off my seat and is exciting....unfortunately Im not going to get that with how things are.

We have the players

A decent squad

Therefore why are our PERFORMANCES not doing the job.

In all honesty I dont care about the results....yes winning is always preferable however good quality always generally tends to lead to positive things.

Id honestly love to know what we work on in training.....as clearly people will continue to vote with their feet.

What a pity.

Again it has been interesting in reading your views especially as they all seem to be of one accord.

I have for some for some time thought on the lines expressed by Theo. Basically if there is no attempt to improve the way we play income will surely decline. At present I am sure that the crowd figures are kept up by including those of us who have purchased seasons tickets whether we attend or not. If the Board continue to stick with the status quo then , like me, I am sure many will think hard before purchasing another S/ticket up front and attend matches on a ad hoc basis.

I agree with DJW that we we have a nucleus of a good side but it lacks leadership. Change that, get someone worthwhile to support BB, a couple of more mobile defenders and a better method and philosophy in how we play and we could be a greater force in this league and perhaps even better. even above.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I will not be renewing my season ticket next season to watch this dross.

Quite a few are now voting with there feet as clearly showed today and maybe that's what it may take for the board to take action.

Lots of discontented fans around the ground today I must say.

The style of play is 100% there bug bare.

Will it change under Andy's leadership sadly I don't think so.

14 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Littlehampton.

I think the good folk of Enfield that didn't make the game probably enjoyed the result more than the folk that turned up.

Quite a few fans were saying at half time we pay to be entertained and it's not happening don't think we even had a shot on target.

The club shop is now selling deep heat to rub on sore necks after watching the ball smashed up into the sky.

Second half was better but generally another poor performance but a win is a win.

I would take another poor win next Sat though that's for sure.

Morning All,

Some interesting comments posted on yesterdays match And I think Wildlife rescue well and truly hit the nail on the head with his response, and I side with his comments.

Unfortunately, or fortunate as the case maybe, I couldn't travel up from the south coast for the game yesterday, so my post match comments were a bit tongue in cheek.

Enfield folk know their football and, with the old club and the new, we have been lucky to have been entertained with some great football over the years, and no small measure of success.

Above all, people look forward to their football, and expect to be entertained. It is a results business, and sometimes it is necessary to grind-out a result and win ugly … but not all the time!

I have witnessed some good performances this season, and some very disappointing displays, and it difficult to understand the reason(s) for the lack of consistency.

There is a very thin line between success and failure and, at this moment in time, we have reached a League Cup Final and are 6th in the IPL table.

Think if there is widespread discontentment about the quality of our football, and the entertainment provided, the reason needs to be addressed before support falls away, and people vote with their feet.

LS, your question raises the a very obvious dilemma that the Board could face especially the "flip side " of your question.

We were led to believe we started the season with an increased amount of income as a result of additional sales of season tickets and the receipts from the "Conifa" cup. Consequently, if we can assume that much of this has now been utilised during the coarse of the season then their dilemma will be:-

Firstly to decide whether a Minor Cup win and a place in the Plays Offs was worth the amount spent.

Secondly, whether they  wish to fund another season under AL's management to obtain a similar result. Taking into account the current mood expressed by many supporters in the way his teams play. 

My own view on your scenario is that another manager given similar tools to that of AL would be expected to do better better. But acknowledge that once again finance will always be the defining consideration by a club such as our when making decisions. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals