Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just to say thank you

Sweetnicker

Many thanks to the dozen or so Town fans who poppoed in Theobalds Lane   yesterday, 2/3 of you  wearing Cheshunt Scarves which was surprising , There seems to be some mutterings of discontent brewing over Donkey Lane... You guys are more than welcome back anytime ,  For some reason we struggle to put teams like Uxbrridge away but hey- ho thats football.        Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

Enfield Town are run and owned by the supporters of the club..Cheshunt are run and owned by a property developer..Good luck in the future.I know which club has a better chance of still being around and at their current location in 30-40 years time.

Still coming out with that one are we , Your fans run club can't get you up another level because your funds aren't enough  , How many more times /years  are you going to try ?  

We are going to try for the next 20/50/100 years .Because we know we will always be here to do so.We will never be reliant on one businessman for our income or our very existence.

EFC tried that and it didn't work.We were promised a brand new ground.Then promised another 99 years at Southbury Road.Then promised the money from selling the ground would be held in trust to build another ground.As i say good luck to you.I hope it works out,i really do.We have seen too many grounds and clubs fold under the pressure of  businessman owners and the high price of building land.Most of the football grounds i watched football in during the 80's and 90's are no longer there because of housing.

You are barking up the wrong tree there LS we are not reliant on Lee Williamson for our income or our very existance. Money to run the club is generated from having two halls that are hired out evey weekend and some weekdays, we have the 3g pitches which are always being hired out too. Not to mention Spurs ladies and FC Romania ground sharing, Lee doesn't chuck money at the players budget like some rich owners we have players who enjoy playing for the club and the manager.

Yes there will be homes built there in the future and a new stadium so the future is bright for Cheshunt and it will be for many years,  by the way have faith with Andy Leese he is a good manager he worked wonders at our club.

I presume the homes will be built before the new stadium is?.Who will you be ground sharing with whilst out of the borough? (We went to Boreham Wood )

As i say,i hope it all goes well.Having the land to be able to build a 3G must have been nice for your chairman.I'm sure its making lots of money.As is the clubhouse and other teams hiring the ground.I'm sure he is happy with the amount of building land that came with the site also..Glad he is being restained with the players budget though.?If you get a better stadium and a secure future in the decades to come then fair play to him..Only time will tell.

22 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

I presume the homes will be built before the new stadium is?.Who will you be ground sharing with whilst out of the borough? (We went to Boreham Wood )

As i say,i hope it all goes well.Having the land to be able to build a 3G must have been nice for your chairman.I'm sure its making lots of money.As is the clubhouse and other teams hiring the ground.I'm sure he is happy with the amount of building land that came with the site also..Glad he is being restained with the players budget though.?If you get a better stadium and a secure future in the decades to come then fair play to him..Only time will tell.

The stadium will still be used while the building work goes on around it . Nice try Lovely Stuff we are staying put . No disrespects but this fans owned thingumy club went to your head years ago . Do you really think you have any influence in the boardroom ...?  Nah only if your name is Reed or maybe 2 or 3 others from where I'm sitting . I agree with the above comment its gone as far as it can . From what I have seen you have an ageing fanbase mostly from your Southbury Road days ...How much longer before people start ebbing away ?  .  However I do admire your enthusiasm even if you are blinkered with tunnel vision after all these years. ????

Our forum was taken down by our committee because of negative trolling Barney. Some of it by you lot on occasions .  . I don't come on here that often but I do have much respect for Andy the messiah who worked wonders at Cheshunt .. but then again you lot are entertaining to say the least with your moans and groans . I always smile at something when I do bother stopping by.??? You lot never dissappoint . 

A-W I have no intention of entering into a debate of the merits of your club and mine. 

But to just to point out that I am a member of ETFC and as such a part owner of ETFC along with many other supporters. Like any other shareholder we reserve the right to discuss the pros and cons about how our club/company is run. Whether negative or not. But we do so with in the limits of joint membership and respect. 

The reason why you haven't got a forum such as ours is because your club is run in an autocratic way. I have no argument with that since Enfield FC was run for years in the same way. But sole owners are not usually very tolerant in receiving negative views. Which I believe may be the underlying reason for your critiques and for my Statement.

I do not have any authority over who uses this forum. However, I will not be looking for any reply flippant or otherwise.  Just enjoy your football and I wish Cheshunt FC every success. 

I think I remember reading AW slagging us off on the Hornchurch forum not long back so there must be some kind of obsession with the town going on... strange really as I’ve been to Cheshunt and cheered them on many times...I never knew about any rivalry until now.... 

Archived