Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
4wembleyfinals

Mo's name on BBC list for a move to a Premier Team this January!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

To suggest that players at our level can get £600+ surprises me. 

You don’t have to look far to find one that does

Edited by exiled down south
Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I assume you mean close to home "E". You obviously are better informed than most.

But as I have never seen any accounts, since I have been a member, not even an annual  "Income and Expenditure Account". Something one would expect to receive, as the norm, with the formal agenda for the AGM. Many will say is that really important.  On reflection I tend to realise I am beginning to agree with them.

So I will just content myself on what I hear/read. Much of which I recognise is circumstantial. But which gives me something to do in my dotage!!!!!

I will of of course continue to keep hoping each game will bring us a win. AS I have repeatedly said over the past few years it would be great to see us gain another promotion.

 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2019 at 22:59, 4wembleyfinals said:

I see Mo's name is mentioned on BBC 's Football internet to night to be on a number of Prem Division clubs signing list  for January.

Good luck to you MO I sincerely hope something comes of it for your sake. But as said before it's a pity that no one has had the wit to take a chance and signed him up on a contract. There is no need for those who have given their views before to comment as their reasons for sitting on your hands have been given many times already. 

However, the fact that we are a members club, does not excuse you from making business decisions. Especially when you have a valued asset which needs protecting. First rule of commerce, if you are not willing to invest you will never reap the rewards. You just stagnate and go under.

If the BBC's observations are anywhere near true then we could have seen a bidding market in which we could have seen some profit.

But what do I know with only 50 years in the city!!!!  

Just a member who might talk to the right folk at games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

But as I have never seen any accounts, since I have been a member, not even an annual  "Income and Expenditure Account". Something one would expect to receive, as the norm, with the formal agenda for the AGM. Many will say is that really important.  On reflection I tend to realise I am beginning to agree with them.

See page 3 of this thread where you made the same point about the lack of accounts:

Benjrider10 responded stated that the most recent published accounts are on the club's website (I've not personally verified this), and you responded on page 4 thanking him 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone for your advice and direction.  

However, I accept that I did on a previous occasion find copies of accounts for the year 2017/18 but none since.

To what I was referring to was a Statement of Account which summarises just the receipts and payments shown in the Cash Book for the current year. A simple accounting practice and easy in to set up in this computer age. (That to be honest I have never got to grips with as I will be in my mid-80's in a short while and definitely a bit to set in my ways.)

Such a Statement would itemise, under various headings, what we had received and paid out in a set period and would be pertinent to any discussion at the forthcoming AGM  meeting. It is not unusual for organisations like ours to do send this out with the AGM notices, as a matter of protocol.

But to be honest I have more important things to consider at this point in time. So I best bow out of the discussion.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Bolton Wanderers fan here coming in peace.

Big rumour is your goal machine  striker Faal is close to signing for us.

Heard any truth in this ?

Problem we have we’re under a transfer embargo and can’t pay a fee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is about eight pages on the Plymouth forum suggesting Faal has signed for them but I think that could just be talk.... Rumours Saturday is that he has gone to Bolton ... if he has you will have a raw talent who at the moment is quite away off league standard in my opinion.... with the power of league defenders he will spend a lot of time on his bum.... seems a lovely guy and the supporters love him at Enfield but it will be a huge step up but I would love him to succeed but he will need time....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

There is about eight pages on the Plymouth forum suggesting Faal has signed for them but I think that could just be talk.... Rumours Saturday is that he has gone to Bolton ... if he has you will have a raw talent who at the moment is quite away off league standard in my opinion.... with the power of league defenders he will spend a lot of time on his bum.... seems a lovely guy and the supporters love him at Enfield but it will be a huge step up but I would love him to succeed but he will need time....

I think it will be a disaster for him and bwfc are in real trouble and if they get out of there situation players like him will be tossed aside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree with Exile, if Bolton is the place of choice then I feel sad for MO. I hope his much vaunted agent, referred to in earlier posts, has asked for Mo's first couple months wages to be paid in advance. In case they go into liquidation!!!

Yet another BBC prediction a little overstated. No doubt they believe that Bolton are still in the Premier Division. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I agree with Exile, if Bolton is the place of choice then I feel sad for MO. I hope his much vaunted agent, referred to in earlier posts, has asked for Mo's first couple months wages to be paid in advance. In case they go into liquidation!!!

Yet another BBC prediction a little overstated. No doubt they believe that Bolton are still in the Premier Division. 

So its now official.

Mo signs for Bolton.🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2020 at 13:14, Westcountry said:

Having a medical today or tomorrow. Should be available for Plymouth's game at Scunthorpe on Saturday.

Was he??? Someone feeds you duff info he was in Bolton when you claimed he was down your way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the Club statement issued today is spot on. We have to publicise our successes in creating opportunities for players to progress to the 'professional' game. Hopefully this will help to bring in more new ambitious talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 55 seasons said:

Think the Club statement issued today is spot on. We have to publicise our successes in creating opportunities for players to progress to the 'professional' game. Hopefully this will help to bring in more new ambitious talent.

 

I do not know of any other clubs at our level that have had as many players progress Into pro football in recent years. 

That speaks volumes for our club and something to be proud of. 

Corey Whitely, Riaan Mc'clean, Josh Davison, Mohamadu Faal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...