Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo's name on BBC list for a move to a Premier Team this January!!

4wembleyfinals

E, according to the internet, although not fully verified, it is reported that some players in The National League, ie at Chorley, earn as little as £200. Admittedly they are currently at the bottom.  Plymouth Argyle's average wage, per week, is about £1300.                    

To suggest that players at our level can get £600+ surprises me. 

But then, if it is true about MO, the discussion is concluded and the very best of luck to him!!!! 

I assume you mean close to home "E". You obviously are better informed than most.

But as I have never seen any accounts, since I have been a member, not even an annual  "Income and Expenditure Account". Something one would expect to receive, as the norm, with the formal agenda for the AGM. Many will say is that really important.  On reflection I tend to realise I am beginning to agree with them.

So I will just content myself on what I hear/read. Much of which I recognise is circumstantial. But which gives me something to do in my dotage!!!!!

I will of of course continue to keep hoping each game will bring us a win. AS I have repeatedly said over the past few years it would be great to see us gain another promotion.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

On 30/12/2019 at 22:59, 4wembleyfinals said:

I see Mo's name is mentioned on BBC 's Football internet to night to be on a number of Prem Division clubs signing list  for January.

Good luck to you MO I sincerely hope something comes of it for your sake. But as said before it's a pity that no one has had the wit to take a chance and signed him up on a contract. There is no need for those who have given their views before to comment as their reasons for sitting on your hands have been given many times already. 

However, the fact that we are a members club, does not excuse you from making business decisions. Especially when you have a valued asset which needs protecting. First rule of commerce, if you are not willing to invest you will never reap the rewards. You just stagnate and go under.

If the BBC's observations are anywhere near true then we could have seen a bidding market in which we could have seen some profit.

But what do I know with only 50 years in the city!!!!  

Just a member who might talk to the right folk at games

37 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

But as I have never seen any accounts, since I have been a member, not even an annual  "Income and Expenditure Account". Something one would expect to receive, as the norm, with the formal agenda for the AGM. Many will say is that really important.  On reflection I tend to realise I am beginning to agree with them.

See page 3 of this thread where you made the same point about the lack of accounts:

Benjrider10 responded stated that the most recent published accounts are on the club's website (I've not personally verified this), and you responded on page 4 thanking him ?

Thanks everyone for your advice and direction.  

However, I accept that I did on a previous occasion find copies of accounts for the year 2017/18 but none since.

To what I was referring to was a Statement of Account which summarises just the receipts and payments shown in the Cash Book for the current year. A simple accounting practice and easy in to set up in this computer age. (That to be honest I have never got to grips with as I will be in my mid-80's in a short while and definitely a bit to set in my ways.)

Such a Statement would itemise, under various headings, what we had received and paid out in a set period and would be pertinent to any discussion at the forthcoming AGM  meeting. It is not unusual for organisations like ours to do send this out with the AGM notices, as a matter of protocol.

But to be honest I have more important things to consider at this point in time. So I best bow out of the discussion.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

There is about eight pages on the Plymouth forum suggesting Faal has signed for them but I think that could just be talk.... Rumours Saturday is that he has gone to Bolton ... if he has you will have a raw talent who at the moment is quite away off league standard in my opinion.... with the power of league defenders he will spend a lot of time on his bum.... seems a lovely guy and the supporters love him at Enfield but it will be a huge step up but I would love him to succeed but he will need time....

42 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

There is about eight pages on the Plymouth forum suggesting Faal has signed for them but I think that could just be talk.... Rumours Saturday is that he has gone to Bolton ... if he has you will have a raw talent who at the moment is quite away off league standard in my opinion.... with the power of league defenders he will spend a lot of time on his bum.... seems a lovely guy and the supporters love him at Enfield but it will be a huge step up but I would love him to succeed but he will need time....

I think it will be a disaster for him and bwfc are in real trouble and if they get out of there situation players like him will be tossed aside

I agree with Exile, if Bolton is the place of choice then I feel sad for MO. I hope his much vaunted agent, referred to in earlier posts, has asked for Mo's first couple months wages to be paid in advance. In case they go into liquidation!!!

Yet another BBC prediction a little overstated. No doubt they believe that Bolton are still in the Premier Division. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I agree with Exile, if Bolton is the place of choice then I feel sad for MO. I hope his much vaunted agent, referred to in earlier posts, has asked for Mo's first couple months wages to be paid in advance. In case they go into liquidation!!!

Yet another BBC prediction a little overstated. No doubt they believe that Bolton are still in the Premier Division. 

So its now official.

Mo signs for Bolton.?