Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Horsham

old towner

It really is a case now of 'we're going to try and score more than you'. The new right back looks useful, but otherwise the defence is anything but watertight. Plus the midfield doesn't give them enough protection. 3 occasions the ball was cleared to edge of our box with a Horsham attacker able to shoot on goal. On another day we concede at least 5. We need Maja back asap or a replacement. To be fair though, it makes for an entertaining game!

Woke up to this, great result! Watch the winning goal on Jake Cass’ Twitter feed - it’s the type of goal you just want to watch over and over ? (if I was Twitter proficient, I would add a link - sadly I’m not). Great clip of the players and supporters going crazy ?

Cass looks like he has scored goals at all his recent clubs so well done to the manager and board for snapping him up as soon as he became available. If we can plug our leaky defence, we are going to be in good shape because between Faal, Cunnington and Cass, we are going to score goals.

Search Party Required- Anyone seen 4WF ? After his multiple postings following the Lewes game I’d have thought he’d have an opinion of our win yesterday and the fact some team strengthening has begun with the signing of Cass.

Im sure defensive improvements are also on the shopping list.

Fantastic to watch the game live via stream, beats any Sky/BT/Amazon dross we get served up with. Non League is where real football exists and last nights game was as entertaining and satisfying as they get

Agreed that it was great to be able to watch the match from the comfort of a warm house, without having to travel to Horsham, so credit to them for providing the service, and a big shout out to the travelling Town fans, who appeared to be there in numbers and were certainly making themselves heard.

It's hard to pass judgement about a game without being there, even though I did watch most of it, so I'll keep comments about the match to a minimum. Fair to say that Cass looks to be a good signing - strong, mobile and able to make the right decisions on linking play and holding up the ball, as well as having an eye for goal based on his record.

Regarding the defence, I think we have good enough defenders at the moment (albeit if someone better became available we should get them in, especially if they're a leader / talker). From what I've seen, I think our problems have been not defending well enough as a team, and this starts from the front by retaining possession and tracking back, and the midfield providing a shield in front of them. If we keep the ball well, then the oppo can't score, and even with the 4 best defenders in the world we'd concede goals if we didn't do things properly across the rest of the pitch.

Anyway, very pleased for the win, the attitude to bounce back and the levels of commitment and support I saw, worried about conceding 3, and hopefully that's something we can address for the next few games that are starting to come thick and fast.

3 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

Search Party Required- Anyone seen 4WF ? 

Sorry BU but I have been ordered to stay in bed for a while. Just got up for personal reasons!!!

But from your remarks you obviously don't forgive easily. So when I feel better I will be happy to put you right once again. 

Just read Barney's comments which makes good reading. I wonder what BU has to say about it.

Must go, wife not happy with me!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

On 12/01/2022 at 11:50, 4wembleyfinals said:

Sorry BU but I have been ordered to stay in bed for a while. Just got up for personal reasons!!!

But from your remarks you obviously don't forgive easily. So when I feel better I will be happy to put you right once again. 

Just read Barney's comments which makes good reading. I wonder what BU has to say about it.

Must go, wife not happy with me!!!!!

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Funny enough I thought my pre Barney comments speak for itself ahead of Barneys post.

Nonetheless, I question our defence , letting in 3 v Folkestone could’ve been 5-6, 2 at Bognor could’ve been 4-5, 5 at Eastleigh could’ve been 10, the rest is the same.

Only the Cheshunt game we succumbed to conceding 2 from giving 2 chances away.

Both at Cray+Horsham we conceded by not being aggressive in our challenges in the penalty box.

Im still excited and positive for the 19 league games remaining this season , let’s see some defensive improvements as the strike force will take care of itself