Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v. East Thurrock Utd

Crusty Lee

4 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

Here he comes no one to talk too ???

Keep believing that duff manager of yours promising you the World and delivering nothing, in the meantime mind the gap,

You leave Craig alone he ain't done nothing to you lot. And I have told you before I come on here to let you know your not all alone in the world and have a bit of fan rivalry  . The problem with you townies is you let your Imaginations run away with you as you think your something your not ... I only pop up here to put you lot straight about your fantacies ?.  

3 minutes ago, Albury_Walker said:

You leave Craig alone he ain't done nothing to you lot. And I have told you before I come on here to let you know your not all alone in the world and have a bit of fan rivalry  . The problem with you townies is you let your Imaginations run away with you as you think your something your not ... I only pop up here to put you lot straight about your fantacies ?.  

No one to talk to and all day to do it zzzzzzzz

Yesterdays game was pretty low key in my opinion, we didn’t play great and only won comfortably because of East Thurrocks ineptness.

Nonetheless 3 welcome points, Cunnington running a mock, Lyle rediscovering his range, Manny getting a good run out in his first proper game back.

Harold must be nearly fit again for a return too.

Cass played every minute of January and has evidently gone off the boil during our last 3 defeats. A week off and resting his injury was also a positive.

Nobody should be indispensable and everyone should be playing for their places as if the next game is a Cup Final not to be left out of.

Well Done Andy/Mario /Ian on managing the victory and well done to the 495 attendance that braved a bitterly cold afternoon to support the team.

The one word summary that occurred to me as I left was 'Alka-Seltzer'. Win after a losing run. Tick. Clean sheet. Tick. 3 good goals by 3 different scorers. Tick. I agree it wasn't a game to live long in the memory against a poor opponent but like Alfka-Selter I felt it had a settling affect. And after recent results, that was good enough for me. Hopefully a confidence booster.

That Della-Verde freekick was a peach and worth the entrance fee. I'm glad I decided to stand behind the goal in the 2nd half. Cosy! In the first half I decided to stand down the side in line with our defence. I was on the lookout for hoofball, who was doing it and did they have better options. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see much of it. I did see Cunnington bearing down on the goal for the 2nd. I reckon Bricknell would have blasted it from range but I think Cunnington is more of a teamplayer and less greedy.

I was also very well placed for one of the dumbest yellow cards you'll see when Youngs launched the ball down the racetrack in 1st half injury time when it was already more than a yard over the line. Pointless to do and pointless to protest so vehemently. In a recent game in muffed a pass and moments later picked up a yellow for taking it out on an opponent. Does anyone else think our discipline is slipping?

Absolutely no idea what the next match will bring but we are at least back in the game.

Crusty.

Agree with most on here 3 good goals Sam was lucky with his soft shot .Very well taken free kick keeper beaten well 

apart from that poor game Hornchurch will be a much harder game we will be lucky to come away with 1 point 

Having read all the reviewsto me, at home in my ivory tower, another 3pts was very pleasing. No matter how  they were achieved. 

Now we are reaching the climax of the season's there is still lots to do and every point will have to be earned. Nine matches to play and a 2 points per game average must be our aim. Nothing should be taken for granted. As OT often says there are still several banana skins laying about.  

At least after the past few week's results we have made a start.

As for Hornchurch next week a point would be acceptable.

Thought for the week, from my past, to our playing staff,..... " Defenders should never be afraid to put the ball out when in tight situations. I don't expect you to be flash and try to make the magical pass to get out. I would have signed conjurors if I wanted that. Your first job is to break up play and stop the opposition from scoring".   Attributed to the late Jack Charlton, as told to me by one of his Irish players. Still true today!!!

Made the most of an unplanned week at home by watching the East Thurrock game. Had a good feeling pre-match that we would get the 3 points and agree with other posters that although East Thurrock were poor, we did what we needed to do.

Not a match that will live long in the memory except for Della-Verde’s free kick, which was a cracker! Thought our midfield 3 of Thomas, Youngs and Maia looked solid. Add Percy to the mix when back from suspension and at last we have proper competition in midfield. Which we will need for the Hornchurch game. If we get a point (or better) from that, we must be strong contenders for the play-offs. Nothing much else to report except job done.

Jeez I had forgotten how cold it can be in March, definitely a thermal socks day.

17 minutes ago, Benjrider10 said:

Made the most of an unplanned week at home by watching the East Thurrock game. Had a good feeling pre-match that we would get the 3 points and agree with other posters that although East Thurrock were poor, we did what we needed to do.

Not a match that will live long in the memory except for Della-Verde’s free kick, which was a cracker! Thought our midfield 3 of Thomas, Youngs and Maia looked solid. Add Percy to the mix when back from suspension and at last we have proper competition in midfield. Which we will need for the Hornchurch game. If we get a point (or better) from that, we must be strong contenders for the play-offs. Nothing much else to report except job done.

Jeez I had forgotten how cold it can be in March, definitely a thermal socks day.

Next you’ll be telling us you were also wearing a thermal vest as well ?