Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager

1 hour ago, Dinamo Urchin said:

I think we all need to remember that our Board have a life outside the football club. Alex in particular is often away outside the country, so it isn't really surprising that there has been a delay, especially as they made it clear they want to get the right person for the job. Frustrating I know, but let them get on with bringing the right people in, be that staff or players. We'll know when all done, which is the way it should be.

I do agree with your point however the club also need to make sure that get someone in as soon as possible hopefully this week as the player merry-go-round has started already so the longer it takes the harder it will be to bring in the best players as they may already have gone to other clubs.

there are quite a few excellent options on managers who are available so I'm suspecting part of the recruitment process is not just looking at next season but possibly where we want to be in 3 years and what sort of players or setups we want.  I fully trust Alex has got this in hand but it would be good to have a further update on progress soon.

24 minutes ago, PONY TAILED URCHIN said:

I do agree with your point however the club also need to make sure that get someone in as soon as possible hopefully this week as the player merry-go-round has started already so the longer it takes the harder it will be to bring in the best players as they may already have gone to other clubs.

there are quite a few excellent options on managers who are available so I'm suspecting part of the recruitment process is not just looking at next season but possibly where we want to be in 3 years and what sort of players or setups we want.  I fully trust Alex has got this in hand but it would be good to have a further update on progress soon.

I think the progression of the club through Isthmian North/Play offs/Winning it/Isthmian Premier/FA Trophy/Play offs x2 shows that everyone's heart is right place in looking ahead to the next step.

The player merry-go-round as to what is announced and what is happening is a weird one. I'd like to think that we do things the right way and only announce signings when they should be announced rather than when a club's admin decides to go large - thought it was June before registrations could be made? I'm sure everyone would appreciate the manager update, but give them time to get it right.

17 hours ago, The Pars said:

Looking at the other clubs in our division I think it be put down to one of 3 reasons:

- the manager resigning (happened 10 times last season)

- the board realising they had made the wrong appointment 

- panic about getting relegated without knowing what else to do

(the last 2 categories happened 7 times between them last season)

I might also add: the coach didn't fit in with the team, didn't gain credibility with the team.

13 hours ago, Dinamo Urchin said:

I think we all need to remember that our Board have a life outside the football club. Alex in particular is often away outside the country, so it isn't really surprising that there has been a delay, especially as they made it clear they want to get the right person for the job. Frustrating I know, but let them get on with bringing the right people in, be that staff or players. We'll know when all done, which is the way it should be.

If he is out of the country not on business, he is on holiday. Isn't it too often?

It will be a month this Thursday since Stimson's departure was announced.

Apparently there were a number of high quality applicants for the vacant position of manager.

I can understand not wishing to rush into things but you would have thought that someone would have broken through and been appointed by now.

Perhaps McBride is making a comeback with Hanley as his assistant.