Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Daryl McMahon

Hmm! Sacked by Dagenham in February 2023. Joined Orient in September 2023 as development and set piece (!) coach. Left three months later. Not a great recent record.

Would have preferred to have seen a manager with more of a pedigree at Hornchurch's current level.

Will he be off if a "better job" turns up?

I saw him at the Enfield game, didn’t want to start spreading rumours. I know Dagenham fans have their own opinion on him but national league is a hard league with some top clubs in it, look at them now since he left, they are struggling.Morison, Lewwis and Colin have  set him up perfectly and now he has to go finish the job.  

I don’t understand the negativity, look at what he did at Ebbsfleet prior to that. A young manager with experience at this level and visions of national league per the statements. 
I am not excited for this to get started, also after he was at the Carshalton game I saw an interview on a podcast and he came across brilliantly. 

I have every faith in the board and sure that Daryl will come and finish off the job that Morro started. Thanks to Lewwis and Colin for holding the fort with some very difficult fixtures and a shed load of injuries to contend with and come out of the other side unscathed. COYU 

Nobody is being negative, the only negativity on Twitter is coming from Dagenham fans and they are allowed their own opinion based on their own experience of him. Ambition is there as usual from the board but at the same time I can’t sit here and say he’s great because that could backfire come the end of the season, I’m also not going to judge him based off what Dagenham fans have said. Colin, Lewwis and Morro have set him up perfectly and him being appointed doesn’t change anything for the players, they know what is required and what needs to be done, exactly the same for when Lewwis and Colin took over temporarily. 

1 hour ago, Up the chins said:

Nobody is being negative, the only negativity on Twitter is coming from Dagenham fans and they are allowed their own opinion based on their own experience of him. Ambition is there as usual from the board but at the same time I can’t sit here and say he’s great because that could backfire come the end of the season, I’m also not going to judge him based off what Dagenham fans have said. Colin, Lewwis and Morro have set him up perfectly and him being appointed doesn’t change anything for the players, they know what is required and what needs to be done, exactly the same for when Lewwis and Colin took over temporarily. 

Spot on - agree with this 💯 

Firstly big thanks to Lewwis and Colin for stepping in and keeping things going, It would been  ice to see if uoj could have finished the season but I know we have to do whats right for the players and club to do whatbit takes to win thjs league.

Secondly what a fantastic signjng welcolme to Daryl to our club.  A young but experienced manager who I hope will not just get us promoted but grow the club for the future.  He is a real posistive for the club as a manager and i dont care about other clubs fans comments.

I am certian we got the right manager and wish him all the best looking forward to.the east side making some noise for him on Saturday as he takes charge.