Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chatham Town v Enfield Town Play Off Final

Posted (edited)

A poor decision in the last league game cost us a home tie in the play-off final. A poor decision by the linesman to rule out our second goal in the final could have cost us promotion. 😠

Wylie was quite clearly behind the defender when the ball was headed across to him. 

etfc.jpg

Edited by lovely stuff

Well spotted here.    I was in line with the 6yd box and whilst it was perhaps the ARs only mistake that day it could have been a huge one.  Great header back across by Scott too.

So glad it didnt impact the result.    Actually 4 0 then.

As an aside...our friend AW up the road?   Anyone seen or heard from him since Chesericcay found their level.   

Most surprised he hasnt come out to congratulate us hehe.  :D

2 hours ago, djwilf said:

...As an aside...our friend AW up the road?   Anyone seen or heard from him since Chesericcay found their level.   

Most surprised he hasnt come out to congratulate us hehe.  :D

Never kick a man when he's down (or nearly down in this case)

Posted (edited)

Don’t worry that sad bell will be all over this forum if/when things get tricky next season. I’m expecting some kind of half hearted begrudging well done post first though to try and gain some time. Imagine spending so much time on another teams forum as yours cant even muster one. 

Edited by townerboy
Typo.

On 09/05/2024 at 20:41, dwhe said:

Never kick a man when he's down (or nearly down in this case)

Begrudged congratulations for the moment 🤬, even I didn't think you'd turn Chatham over on their pitch. In 12 months time you'll all be crying yourselves to doom and gloom on this website  😭. I guess it's something to look forward to from my side of the M25 👀.  Ground improvements will eat up a chunk of money and a bit of extra travelling and player wages will likely increase .  Ourselves and Stortford found out the hard way with the enormous running costs and our good friends Hornchurch did a few years back and had to start again .  But you lot think you are the dogs doughnuts so it's amusing then it goes wrong. Enjoy it while it lasts 🫤

See you all in 12 months unless we pass you when we're on the up 😁

6 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Begrudged congratulations for the moment 🤬, even I didn't think you'd turn Chatham over on their pitch. In 12 months time you'll all be crying yourselves to doom and gloom on this website  😭. I guess it's something to look forward to from my side of the M25 👀.  Ground improvements will eat up a chunk of money and a bit of extra travelling and player wages will likely increase .  Ourselves and Stortford found out the hard way with the enormous running costs and our good friends Hornchurch did a few years back and had to start again .  But you lot think you are the dogs doughnuts so it's amusing then it goes wrong. Enjoy it while it lasts 🫤

Trust you to come piss on our barbecue, Albs!

We may be the dog's doughnuts, but we're under no illusions that it'll be a walk in the park. The issue is that we can't just be content sitting at Step 3 forever - we've got to aspire to play as high up the pyramid as possible. I remember when Town made it up to Step 3 and then survived with a final day nail-biter. From then on we built until we have finally now made it to Step 2. If - and its a big if - we can somehow survive in NLS next season then we might just be able to consolidate at that level. We shall see...

On 11/05/2024 at 16:43, Albury_Walker said:

Unlikely Albury, as even if we do drop, it's likely you'll be in Isthmain Div 1 by then!! 🤣

3 hours ago, Mr Happy said:

A load of old tosh 

Tell me Mr Happy old chap   , are Enfield Town capable of paying player wages that match a full timer on £750 / £800 + P/W ?  and they are the bottom end of the scale . It gets more scary with the clubs nearer the top end .  F Y I  The Cheshunt budget isn't that bad. For some reason we had a bad season with some of our senior players departing for pastures new.  Youngsters are coming through now so next season we will be much improved with 2 or 3  experienced players added  .  Maybe some of yours might want to come for a trial 😂