Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chatham Town v Enfield Town Play Off Final

1 minute ago, seemgee said:

FT 3-0

Many congratulations to the team and management on a fantastic end to the league season. Had my doubts in January but I am glad you proved me wrong!! 

I had my doubts, but then again, what do I know?

Fantastic!!!!!

Congratulations to all the Management, players and supporters. 

Can't wait to see the highlights and the look on the "Chats" faces.

Must now try to get myself fitter for next season. If only to  be able to see the first home game of the new season. With an Enfield side back in a National ( Conference ) league once more.

I hope that all the subscribers to the forum have a good summer. Plus thanks for all your reports and views you have posted which I have looked forward to reading each week. Which have kept me in the loop!!!😄🥇:loveshower:

400 Towners?...Yeah, and the rest! 😂😂😂

Brilliant second half, incredible support, we deserved the win...roll on next season 👍🏻

That was for Dave..."SING A SONG FOR BRYANT..."

COYT ✊🏻 

Fantastic day the celebrations on the pitch at the final whistle was something else ,first half reminded me of the wingate semi final game we were definitely second best , there danger man Yila always being a threat everything Chatham did well revolved around him ,second half we came out with more purpose and we were clearly the better team we got to grips with Yila and Chatham ran out of ideas and we ran out worthy winners, just a shame more towners were not allowed tickets to witness it

Brilliant. Just woke up in Australia to the best news I have ever heard. Congratulations to the players, the management team, the board, supporters and everyone. I am proud to be a member. 

So well deserved for all the hard work and dedication put in by the board, management team, players, volunteers, supporters.

My thoughts go out to all those supporters and family members who are no longer with us. They would have loved yesterday just as we did.

34 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

So well deserved for all the hard work and dedication put in by the board, management team, players, volunteers, supporters.

My thoughts go out to all those supporters and family members who are no longer with us. They would have loved yesterday just as we did.

same thoughts here. on both points. 

Congratulations guys and girls, huge well done. 👍

See you next season in the NLS and at Arbour Park and over at your place. 

18 hours ago, WXEn8 said:

400 Towners?...Yeah, and the rest! 😂😂😂

Brilliant second half, incredible support, we deserved the win...roll on next season 👍🏻

That was for Dave..."SING A SONG FOR BRYANT..."

COYT ✊🏻 

Saw the scenes at the end, definitely more than 400 of you !!!

Just superb!!

The starting 11 was pretty much what I expected as soon as I saw the size of the bruise on Jake Cass’ hamstring when he was greeting the fans before the match. Starting Joe Payne at left back and having Dylan help Mickey P keep Chatham danger man Mr. Yila quiet was spot on. 

Chatham had more of the ball in the first half and were attacking the ETFC end, so standing at the side I had a good view of their attacks. Rhys made one very important save about 30 minutes in but other than that, they had no clear cut chances. We had a couple of half chances without truly threatening and 0-0 at half time was about right.

But we were a team transformed in the second half. What a performance!! Bernie Tanner’s goal opened the gate, which we then marched through. Dylan and Mickey played Yila out of the game entirely apart from one mazy run from which he blasted over. Marcus’ disallowed goal for offside was marginal at best - I was pretty much in line and thought he was clearly onside - the video highlights will show. Fortunately, it made no difference as he got our second goal not long after, and we controlled the last 15 minutes or so superbly. Chatham looked desperate, even sending their GK up for a corner with 10 minutes or so to go. The third goal in injury time was the icing on the cake.

As away fans, we knew what to expect but I am glad the rain stopped just before kick off. We would have been soaked through otherwise. And fair play to the Chatham fans, most of whom stayed on after the final whistle to applaud their team for an excellent first season at this level.

Fantastic mood on the supporters coach on the way back to the Donkey Dome and what a greeting for the team when they reached Butlers Bar about 45 minutes later!

So proud of everybody connected with the club!