Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
last time I went past the ground you would have struggled to know there was a club there at all, very sinister, who owns the ground?

Good point and it's a very sad state of affairs indeed, Haringey Council own the ground and the Club still have some 18 years lease left on the site which must be worth millions, perhaps that's the reason why 'Sugar' was so hell bent on not stepping aside when a high profile consortium approached him at the start of last season as he knows he is sitting on a goldmine if the Council asked him to name his price to surrender the lease for an alternative facility in the Borough.

It sounds very familiar to the Dorking FC scenario Rhodes, but Ive come to the conclusion there that the Vice Chairman "Junior" ( not quite as good as Sugarellismugabebates) is not a devious corrupt money grabbing individual set on his own personal gain at the expense of the community. I now think he is just an incompetent ignorant idiot.

Like I've said before I don't have anything against 'Sugar' personally and he could be quite a decent bloke however he doesn't know the first thing about running and progressing a football club at senior level and as you know my main complaint is that he is ruining the local Communities Club which could easily get to Conference level if taken by the scruff of the neck by a 'football man' and run properly.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
the local Communities Club which could easily get to Conference level if taken by the scruff of the neck by a 'football man' and run properly.

In 5 years maybe?

Why not so long as 'Sugar' is shown the door and walks through it

A Football Club for five to fourteen year olds has kicked off in Crouch End. Louis Dainty runs the Total Football Academy at the Hornsey Cricket Club grounds in Tivoli Road with qualified coaches every Saturday betwen 9.30 and 11.30. At half term sessions will take place from Monday 22 October to Friday 26 October. The cost is £80 for full sessions from 10.00am to 3.00pm for all five days, £45 for half days Mondays to Fridays, either morning or afternoon, £20 for a single day. The piece then goes on to give Louis's contact details

3praise - A question if you don't mind regarding the above article that appears in this weeks Tottenham Journal. Is this an initiative involving Louis who seemingly heads up the 'Total Football Academy' or is Haringey Borough involved, if it's the latter then this is exactly what I had started up at the Club and which 'Sugar' was so set against.

That's what I thought, it will be interesting to hear from 3praise whether Haringey are creaming off some of that

I see that 'we' had an excellent win today at Bedford Town Reserves according to 'our' Website which contains the following just four hours after the final whistle, very impressive:

With erstwhile leaders Bedford going down 2-1 at Hoddesdon Town, Borough moved to the top of the table with a comfortable win. Mark Maher slipped in Adeniyi Adedeji for the first after 20 minutes; Michael Ingall-Clark and Daneil Iroegbu were in the right place to provide simple finishes to flowing moves in which Chima Obiji was prominent before the interval.

Even though "The Eagles" pulled one back from the penalty spot following a hand ball early in the second half Borough never looked to be in any real danger and Iroegbu finished the scoring 5 minutes from time, also from the spot, after Adedeji's long mazy run was ended with a trip as he worked his way across the penalty area seeking a shooting opportunity. Borough and Hoddesdon Town have now each dropped 4 points but Borough have the better goal difference while Hoddesdon have two games in hand.

Like I've said before it all hinges on the 'Sugar' factor, taking into account the man's a loser I fully expect something to happen between now and the end of April to throw a spanner in the works

Like I've said before it all hinges on the 'Sugar' factor, taking into account the man's a loser I fully expect something to happen between now and the end of April to throw a spanner in the works

What would that be then?

That's the million dollar question, it could be anything

that's a bit wide ranging..could you not be more specific. I mean are you suggesting that Aki Achillea will deliberatly hinder/sabotage the efforts of Haringey Borough to get promoted this season?