Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

nursing home required immediately

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
fair cop,i would still go whoever was injured as we can make some money out of a trip to the wombles,unless they declare the crowd wrong.But i guess we will get a rough estimate from next saturdays crowd!

I noticed this on the isthmian message board from braziliandon which seems to make little sense to me....I think what he is saying is that they actually inflate league gates because they just count the No of season tickets sold as against counting numbers through the gate....is that how it reads to you...?

Our regular league matches always include in the attendance those season ticket holders who do not attend the match.

So if our league gates are announced as 2,600 it means that 2,600 tickets were sold and delivered. The tax man gets his share and doesn't get mad at us and demand voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy orders. The VAT man gets his money and everybody and their customers are happy.

A Cup match is different. We only count those tickets which were actually sold and that is nearly the number of people who come through the gate. We also have advanced ticket sales so the actual number of people in the ground might be slightly lower than the number of tickets sold.

So you see, if the number announced for Saturday was 1,600+ at the ground it doesn't necessarily mean that people stayed away in droves.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Our regular league matches always include in the attendance those season ticket holders who do not attend the match.

So if our league gates are announced as 2,600 it means that 2,600 tickets were sold and delivered. The tax man gets his share and doesn't get mad at us and demand voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy orders. The VAT man gets his money and everybody and their customers are happy.

A Cup match is different. We only count those tickets which were actually sold and that is nearly the number of people who come through the gate. We also have advanced ticket sales so the actual number of people in the ground might be slightly lower than the number of tickets sold.

So you see, if the number announced for Saturday was 1,600+ at the ground it doesn't necessarily mean that people stayed away in droves.

Really ? Here's me thinking that the attendance was a measure of how many people actually turned up to watch the game. Silly me.

Can't knock their attendances.

Will be nice to play in front of such a sizeable crowd.

Last one was boston away and i don't think that was as big as saturdays should be.

Would love it if we took 200 plus down there and made some noise

I know there are quite a few going who only usually go to the local derbies so should be good

Originally Posted By: Urchins

Really ? Here's me thinking that the attendance was a measure of how many people actually turned up to watch the game. Silly me.

I have been told that AFCW publish the attendance as the number of tickets sold for each particular match and not the number of people through the turnstiles. Season ticket holders who do not attend are also counted.

As a matter of fact, we have a few season ticket holders who hardly ever turn up. They still buy season tickets to help the Club. We are lucky to have them and I wish you also had supporters like that.

In a shared gate scenario, if you sell tickets in advance and the supporters don't turn up on the day, would it be fair to only share the revenue for the number of people through the gates?

So expect that this Saturday's gate will be around 2,600 and that two weeks later, for the cup tie, some 800 less and still see a similar amount of people in the ground.

I hope this is clear enough.

Regards,

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
fair cop,i would still go whoever was injured as we can make some money out of a trip to the wombles,unless they declare the crowd wrong.But i guess we will get a rough estimate from next saturdays crowd!

Now, that sounds like an inflammatory, derogatory and potentially libellous statement. Are you implying that AFC Wimbledon is involved in declaring incorrect attendances? That's what it sounds like to me.

Would the moderator of this board please look into this?