Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

and didn't we have a lovely day...

Uncle Urchin

the day we went to margate.....

well it was good to meet the forum members and put faces to names..... a nice warm welcome for us all...hospitality and friendliness top drawer......thanks guys... a great bunch of supporters...all of you... applause

I wasn't too impressed with the football mind you...from either side..

we started brightly but always looked a bit shaky at the back and that got worse as the game wore on....I thought we were the better side for about half an hour but margate dragged themselves back into it and went close just before half time..lots of lumping of balls from both sides for most of the game and not pretty at all to be frankly honest...

second half we had the chance to go in front when the ball skidded under their keeper from a steve whales (I think) shot and rolled agonisingly across the line but didn't cross it (I was right behind the goal and the lino did hesitate as we erupted in celebration of the 'goal' but he made the right decision)) I said then that it wasn't going to be our day...with the pitch sloping into the goal I have no idea how it stayed out and the first goal was always going to be critical imo...

a defensive mix up from us left a clear shot to margate and it spun in off the post and margate went 1-0 up...great janney penalty after trott chopped him down with 10 to go and then 5 minutes later a penalty to margate which I couldn't really comment on as I was too far away but the gate fans all said it was really soft and to be honest it looked innocuous....dale got both hands to it but the power beat him....2-1 ft

on balance I would have taken the draw after we won on wednesday but it wasn't to be so well done margate who have now reached the heady heights of the play off places......and well done the travelling urchin fans who made their voices well and truly heard...applause

a good day for margate as ramsgate were beaten.... grin

Thanks Unc an honest and correct assesment. Sorry I did not meet you today but was in the Sponsors Lounge (Soup, Roast Beef (+all the trimmings)Trifle and Cheesecake and Cheese & biscuits + Champagne). However will be with the Eastsiders on Tuesday at Deadwood so hopefully meet you there.

coolsmoke

Originally Posted By: Joseba
Thanks Unc an honest and correct assesment. Sorry I did not meet you today but was in the Sponsors Lounge (Soup, Roast Beef (+all the trimmings)Trifle and Cheesecake and Cheese & biscuits + Champagne). However will be with the Eastsiders on Tuesday at Deadwood so hopefully meet you there.

coolsmoke

plastic... grin

Nice to meet you all, you are a great credit to your club, by far and away the best Ryman fans we have met. Will be there on Tuesday cheering you Urchins on!

We were unfortunate in today's game to leave with no points when I thought we deserved a point. A good turnout from the travelling Urchins and the coach was full, a great tribute to Harry.

It was a scrappy game today and was less so when Margate were on the ball, unfortunately this is the same for the games in the past month or so I have seen, not a good performance by us in fact Dartford away was the last time I left happy as I witnessed the fifth defeat in a row.

Margate fans are a nice bunch of people and good luck for the rest of the season.

Nice to meet you all at the game, glad you enjoyed your visit, if not the result. I think I would have settled for a draw after the poor first half, how that ball across the goal line never went in was in the lap of the gods. Still I think we just edged it in the second half. It seems quite a few of our fans will be over at Ramsgate to cheer you on, might break the habit of lifetime and come over myself. Normally wouldn't cross the road to watch the Rams. Looking forward to our game at your place.

From the PA box where I was recording match commentary it was great to hear singing in from both sets of fans in both halves. And your fan's support for your side after the end of the game was great. Looking forward to our trip to your gaff.

Very fair assesment unc. The football was not pretty at all with a strong wind meaning both defences were taking no chances and lumping the ball skywards almost regardless of whether there was a pass on or not.

I also agree that the communication in our defence is really poor, specifically in the centre where too often we were caught out. The first goal was well taken, but he had far too much room.

Up front we didn't get enough quality service to make a real impact until Janners and Parks were thrown into the fray. It was Simon's shot which rolled agonisingly towards the goal, how I wished we'd had a poaching centre forward following the shot in, but instead the nearest man was there defender who did his job well.

For me the Margate pen was soft, but it was bought over a game where Goddard was fighting a continual battle with a centre forward who would not give an inch in the physical battle. When it came down to it, a mistimed push 'may' have gone unnoticed at other times of the game, but sadly this time it didn't.

I think we deserved a point, but in all honesty we're not overtly convincing still and have lost that core of players down the middle that were unstoppable last season and provided the backbone of our seasons achievements.

One positive, I thought Donny Barnard played well and is looking way better than the last time I saw him.

having now slept on the game and spoken to a few of the guys I probably feel that had we taken something from yesterday then we could well have felt it fair and I don't think the margate guys would have whinged to much either.....all of our players in the area and indeed the margate fans that I spoke to after the game felt the penalty was very very harsh (especially as it was a match winning decision in the 88th minute)...we had our chances yesterday but in truth we lost the momentum after 30 minutes of dominance without scoring as we failed again to keep possession of the ball which allowed margate to build up momentum of their own....no complaints tho'..it happens..

I think upon reflection that all of our league games could have actually gone either way and we have to admit that we have not had any luck with referee's decisions this year....although I also firmly believe that it evens itself out in a season..the midfield looks much better balanced now and with jimmy back this week I feel optimistic about the rest of the season....there is a lot to play for and its so very tight in there it defies comprehension of the end of season positions....margate are 6 clear of us in 4th but we have 4 games in hand on them....!!

says it all about the league really so its onwards and upwards (or downwards in the case of ramsgate)grin

Pretty much in agreement with the above

First 20 we were shocking and you played some nice footy, I wasnt looking forward to a thrashing, then the next 10 was even and the last part we looked good

Back to the bar and mentalist, who looks and sounds exactly how an essex lad should wink

2nd half was a combination of hoofing the ball and then a few decent runs of play from both teams. I would had taken the draw at the beginning, middle and 4 minutes from the end, and that would had been a fair result. But footy is not fair and we beat you !!!! The last few minutes you seiged our goal but nothing came from it (Thank god)

As for the fans, well Annie is lovely, the rest of you are a bit facially challenged biglaugh