Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The manifesto of Harry J Allstars

Originally Posted By: doheochai
To start with a spotty 14 year old can't have an input - Against the rules for 14 year old to be members.

There is absolutely nothing in place to enforce this rule though is there doheochai?

As long as they pay there £35.00 they get a vote, nobody actually checks that they are over 16 do they.
Lets face it championship manager is a game for children, I wonder how many parents bought their sons a membership for christmas.
If they where adults surely they would realise that they are not football managers.

And don't forget, Liam Daish supports the membership of MyFC picking the team.

Liam Daish 'supports' it in that he has been granted a better playing budget rather than having to trim his squad and he can see that it has to exist as part of the MyFC model.

But ask him if he actively supported it as an idea if the cash wasn't dependent on the pick the team model and he wouldn't support it at all. Nobody would.

Originally Posted By: Hirsty
"And don't forget, Liam Daish supports the membership of MyFC picking the team."

He would say that wouldn't he. You don't slag off your new bosses until you have found a new job !! As I have said before it wouldn't surprise me if Liam had it away on his toes at the end of the season. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't blame him.

It's not rocket science is it ? You are appointed as team manager of a Conference side. You do fairly well over the period on a small budget. So much so that other teams are rumoured to have an interest in employing you. Suddenly your main responsibilities ( team selection, tactics & hiring & firing ) are taken away from you and given to who knows who !

If this happened to anyone of you, in whatever sort of job you have, wouldn't you say stuff it ?? I know I would !

I can't see how he can stay. If he leaves now he is solely responsible for all the good the team has done. If he leaves after next season, whatever the results, what can he say he did to get the team there? Picked the team? The formation? New players? Anything??

No

He'll be gone and we'll end up with Gascoigne or perhaps Nasty Nick will do it

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
and in fact if we don't get to pick the team then myself and my 5 other memberships will sue the ar5e of them in the biggest tort case this country has ever seen...

...brought about by the flans no doubt for misrepresentation. smile

Sorry doheochai, nothing personal. Yes I have read most if not all of the statements from candiditaes on the MyFC forum as I am a regular contributor to both the MyFC forum and now this forum. I am glad that your concern for the well-being of Ebbsfleet Utd matches mine and I would not expect anything less. I do however sometimes wince at the tone of some of your postings on this forum which do nothing to cement relationships between Fleet fans old and new. get that right and I might be tempted to include you in my 7 chosen ones. duel

Originally Posted By: Stu M
He will have made his exit route a bit harder though with that year's contract extension he's due to sign...

He hasn't signed yet has he, and I suspect he wont until he is confident that he can still do his job alongside MyFC and the new board.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

There is absolutely nothing in place to enforce this rule though is there doheochai?

A paypal account is required to pay for MyFC membership and this requires a registered credit card. While we cannot have absolute control over every member we do take measures to clarify someones age. The Forum Team do discuss contributions from certain individuals and if we have suspicions then the individual concerned is investigated.

As long as they pay there £35.00 they get a vote, nobody actually checks that they are over 16 do they.

As above we do if we feel it necessary.
Lets face it championship manager is a game for children, I wonder how many parents bought their sons a membership for christmas. If they where adults surely they would realise that they are not football managers.

It is certainly a mis-assumption that every member of MyFC has played championship manager, and that is all they want to do with EUFC. I am sure some have - but so what - it doesn't necessarily mean they are not committed to helping EUFC. As for parents buying membership for children - again we have no evidence of this and if we did it would be investigated. And, unfortunately, just because someone is over 18 or 40 or 65 doesn't necessarily mean they behave like a mature adult, on MyFC or even on here.

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
I do however sometimes wince at the tone of some of your postings on this forum which do nothing to cement relationships between Fleet fans old and new. get that right and I might be tempted to include you in my 7 chosen ones. duel

I would actually disagree with you here. I am 100% committed to EUFC. MyFC is a vehicle to improve the club. I do believe the MyFC concept can work and as such I will defend it. I am, generally, friendly if robust in my defence of that. I make no bones about the fact that I call things as I see them either here or on MyFC and if someone is being an ass I will say so. Incidentally, you shouldn't judge people purely on what they say on a forum (particularly when voting in an election), but on their actions. There are people on here still openly hostile to MyFC. But I am currently in contact with a number of existing EUFC fans on a three different projects I am working on for increasing revenue for the club, improving communication with MyFC members and supporters and transport. I have initiated a transport plan within MyFC to get more members to home games. Unfortunately changes in the fixture list now mean that it won't kick in until the game against Woking on April 5th. Four buses are being booked with another two on stand-by. Another proposal, to increase revenue to the club, will be online in the next day or two (the article is currently with Simon waiting to be put live on MyFC).

Some people within MyFC believe we should all be one big happy family. Not going to happen. Even within the pre-existing EUFC fan base there is a wide range of opinion on how best to move the club forward. This is magnified many times over within MyFC. Consensus is not possible on many if not most issues. Decisions will have to be taken by majority vote and if we make mistakes we learn from them and don't make them a second time. I am as diplomatic as possible when I post comments but what you see is what you get. I want to be a member of the MyFC Board. I believe I have demonstrated that I am committed to making MyFC work for the benefit of EUFC and I want to be in a position to continue this. It is up to everyone here who is a member of MyFC to decide what type of person they think will do most to help MyFC and EUFC. Remember this is not about electing a Board to run the club, but a Board to implement decisions by the membership of MyFC that will impact on the club (there is a difference).

Originally Posted By: Santa

He hasn't signed yet has he, and I suspect he wont until he is confident that he can still do his job alongside MyFC and the new board.

As far as I understood it, he was due to sign once the takeover was fully complete. It would be a bit dim to announce he'd been given a new contract extension if he wasn't prepared to sign it until the end of the season.

As far as I understood it, he was due to sign once the takeover was fully complete. It would be a bit dim to announce he'd been given a new contract extension if he wasn't prepared to sign it until the end of the season.

Is there a date for this yet?

Why on earth should Daish sign a new contract?

Week by week his standing within the football community is improving making him an obvious managarial target for 'more attractive' clubs from both within the Blue Square Premier and from clubs in the Coca Cola league.

Why should he stay? when he faces, despite what anyone says, a very uncertain future as a result of the MyFc takeover. The funds that everyone is expecting him to get access to, to improve the team aren't going to be there, just do the arithmetic.

Quite understandably it would appear that he is stalling on signing a new contract and probably waiting for a better offer to come in from elsewhere. Quite frankly who can really blame him?

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Aaah,back to the teamselection yet again!
You will all be very surprised then when noticing how very little real effect it will have when implemented.
Mr Daish understands this as well.

I think you might be surprised at the effect it will have.

The first time MyFC select the team will generate a lot of media interest but the media don't like a success story do they?
Have you considered the possibility of fans boycotting matches? I am sure the media would be much more interested in a group of season ticket holders standing outside the ground complaining about boardroom interference and people who had never seen the team picking the side.
How would MyFC members who wanted to attend the game feel about crossing a picket line to get in?

If you really believe it will have such a small effect do away with it.

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Originally Posted By: Hirsty
He will have made his exit route a bit harder though with that year's contract extension he's due to sign...

Contacts in football seem to mean little these days.......

I think contacts do but contracts don't!

Nice one Horn.........is that your contribution to society today ? You must feel very proud !!

Cheers,

elephant

Just out of interest - how many of you guys actually listed to Liam Daish on yesterday's Simon Mayo programme. If you haven't I suggest you do. Some of the claims people are making for him here don't actually tally with what the man himself says.

Have you considered the possibility of fans boycotting matches?

And in what way would that actually benefit the club? Boardroom interference occurs all the time (just as Liam pointed out in the interview yesterday). The difference is that any interference from MyFC members will be open, transparent, above board and done without any personal or ulterior motives.

The difference is that any interference from MyFC members will be open, transparent, above board and done without any personal or ulterior motives.

Just like everything else MyFC has done so far? The club selected? The kit manufacturer?
Its not just me who doubts these were open and honest decisions. What has been done so far to disprove the whole scheme as a big con?

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
Why on earth should Daish sign a new contract?

Quite understandably it would appear that he is stalling on signing a new contract and probably waiting for a better offer to come in from elsewhere.

Supposition again on your part John. I'd put money on him signing it before the end of the season.