Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rivalries

While watching the Rangers game in the pub tonight,one thing caught my attention....

The catholic friends i have all supported Zenit,even those who dn't follow Celtic.Then it got me thinking,apart from the obvious religious divide between the two sides,what would you say were the hottest derbies???

For me,being a gooner i don't think in football terms you can beat spurs away.The atmosphere is amazing,especially when you have won the league at the lane and are penned in knowing that when you get outside you are in for a barrage of abuse and missiles at the head.For some reason,i love it.

I will always remember my first away north london derby in 1984(i think)when charlie nicholas scored 2 in a 4-2 victory at the lane and me and my dad was sat above the shelf at tottenham and i was the only gooner in the stand to cheer(I was 10,my dad got a kick in for it),i remember going to the bridge at 8 and my dad telling me chelsea fans are the worst in the country.What i am trying to get at is,who do you hate,what is the worst derby or game you have witnessed,why,what happened and should religion play a part in football??

The worst scenes i have witnessed via tv were either millwall v luton(no hatred there) or galatassary v fenerbache(when fenerbache won the league)

For me,the purest football derby is boca v river plate,but in england on footballing terms not firm v firm like west ham v millwall it arsenal v spurs.What you think???

You should drink less Gooner.

I could name loads i've been involved in, but

Leeds v Man U. probably out does Liverpool v Man U.

Orient V Brighton and Southend.

Millwall v Pompey used to be a big game. Not sure of the history.

Long Distance rivalries?

mentalist - thanks very much for the phonecall calling me a fenian bstard. for the record, yes i was brought up a catholic, but i got better, see? my views on religion are that simon parker's dad is god.

back on topic, was having a similar discussion last night; football matches you must see before you die.

spurs - arsenal

everton - liverpool

man united - liverpool

rangers - celtic

hearts - hibs

boca juniors - river plate

psg - marseille

roma - lazio

barca - real madrid

hornchurch - grays/canvey/romford

should i get some awful fatal disease, rather than go to disneyland like all the other ill kids, i'd like to tick this list off.

any other matches on this list i may have omitted?

Milan v Inter