Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Quote:

Edgware face new fight for survival
Mar 20 2008 By David Baker

EDGWARE Town FC are on the brink of extinction yet again - less than a year after they were saved.

In July last year the Ryman Division One North outfit looked set to fold when owners of their White Lion Ground, Edgeware Developers, sold the site in Edgware Road.

The team were saved however, when Barratt Homes pulled out of a

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
rhodes/gavin... if you can find a ground share on a sensible basis and get the new club affiliated and into a league at level 6 then I will arrange the full funding for the first seasons campaign..

And I'll take a year out to be official camera man! Would make a fortune on you've been framed or whatever it's called now!

Still being a prize dick NF, you really have nothing to say do you!

Originally Posted By: Bilbo
I'm awaiting developments with baited breath.

If I was you I wouldn't count on any of last seasons supporters, they pretty much came out against you to a man.

Just goes to show what goes around comes around.

'bilbo' you and the other Edgware 'fans' are a disgrace, not once did you ever show yourself to me at any Edgware match nor any of the other so called supporters who gave me abuse on the dead as a do do Edgware forum.

Your sole objective appears to be abusing me, if only you had of been as vocal in your support for Edgware then maybe you could hae been there to help save the club.

You are little more then an irritant to me you and your friend' forrest' on the aformentioned forum.

Now please go away, you have not got anyting to contribute on this forum

Here you go.....

http://edgwaretown.blogspot.com/2008/04/edgware-in-talks-with-millionaire.html

The odd thing is that no one had any knowlede of a new match secretary towards the end of last season...

Could this be gregory's alter ego?

The abusive emaials that were sent to me by 'bilbo' were sent with the name Frank Tate and signed 'Bilbo'

I have NEVER met anyone at Edgware in the 3 seasons I was involved at the club named Frank Tate, neiter on the committee or playing staff.

At Redbridge last season there was a framed picture of LOTR and gregory pointed this out me with a wink saying I wonder if 'Bilbo' is here, Bilbo was an infrequent poster on the Edgware forum who never posted about matches instead pointless quotes from LOTR put to a football context......you do the maths its adds up to gregory to me!

http://edgwaretown.blogspot.com/2008/06/edgware-fc-2009.html

So this is what gregory is planning to do to for Edgware

" GOODBYE TO THE WHITE LION

We will be having a farewell drink at the White Lion on

Saturday 5th July KO 8pm.

All players, ex-players, supporters and friends of the club are invited to say a last goodbye. "

Thats the best he can come up with!!!!!

Thats the best he can come up with!!!!!

A piss up, then again those in charge can barely organise a piss up in a brewery despite the fact that they are nothing more than alcoholics.

No doubt I will be a topic of conversation or should that be Edgware 2009 will be, thankfully I will be sunning myself in the Caribbean on that day and even if I was not banned would not want to associate wih the man who did nothing to save the club and the manangers and players who departed en mass to Leyton FC.

Petethegreek - A good reply but not good enough, I would rather have not qualified than performed like that and embarrassed an entire Nation. I see that Turkey are rubbing salt into your wounds, I expect that you can't hear yourself think for car horns in your area of Haringey tonight.

There was never any chance of England qualifying and embarrassing the nation. Not when all the embarrassment took place during the qualifiers.

Turkey will only "rub salt into the wounds" if they do what we did 4 years ago.

As for the car horns, they were quickly followed by police sirens!

Gavin, this venture is nicely gathering support & momentum, thanks to proper non-league people. Whatever has gone on in the past is the past & nothing will change that. Forget about 'Dildo' & the other clowns. Edgware Town is dead, long live Edgware FC !

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Gavin, this venture is nicely gathering support & momentum, thanks to proper non-league people. Whatever has gone on in the past is the past & nothing will change that. Forget about 'Dildo' & the other clowns. Edgware Town is dead, long live Edgware FC !

Never a truer word said 'syd'.

"Gavin, I am not ashamed & next season I will be following a new team home & away. They are called Leyton FC.

I've enjoyed the last 3 years that I've watched Edgware tremendously & I'm really looking forward to watching many of those players again with the same management team that have done such a great job.

If Edgware do reform in some guise, I will be supporting them, but life goes on & I'm really looking forward to next season.

I also hope that as many ex-Edgware fans as possible come down to Leyton, so we can continue our friendships. "

The above was taken from the Edgware Forum It appears as if the few supporters that Edgware had are going to decampt to East London to follow Leyton FC. I find this attitude disgusting and shows how little regard they held for Edgwware Town.

I was banned TWICE....but at least I showed some passion and desire as a supporter. As a volounteer I gave of my time and engery only for it to be thrown back in my face.

If those 'fans' had put some effort into saving Edgware then perhaps the club would still be around.

I have no doubts WHEN we suceeed in forming Edgware FC (2009) then we will gain their support, at least a number will come to see what we are all about anyway.

I am looking at forming links within the coummunity and within the catchment area of our new location to establish NEW support for the club rather then rely on the support of 50 people who averge age is 50+

Personally I don't know too much about the Middlesex league, but I can vouch for the Herts Prem. The Div.1 is of a poor standard & you still have to rely on club linesmen ! The HSCL is also Step 7 therefore voiding Uncle's generous offer. I knew Uncle when Hx were in the ESL from my Stansted days & he's a genuine guy. Step 6 maybe too high for a new club in the FA's eyes though.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Personally I don't know too much about the Middlesex league, but I can vouch for the Herts Prem. The Div.1 is of a poor standard & you still have to rely on club linesmen ! The HSCL is also Step 7 therefore voiding Uncle's generous offer. I knew Uncle when Hx were in the ESL from my Stansted days & he's a genuine guy. Step 6 maybe too high for a new club in the FA's eyes though.

New clubs cant start higher than level 7 unless there is extenuating circumstances
like the man u and liverpool scenario..dont think edgware will come into that bracket

Would be a shame if we cant debut in step 6 thus voiding uncs offer but worth a try.

How about the circumstances that Edgware were the SSML Premier treble winners in 2007, surely that fact has got to be worth some weight, seeing that just two years later we are looking at rejoining the league albeit at at lower level and in a new guise.

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
Would be a shame if we cant debut in step 6 thus voiding uncs offer but worth a try.

How about the circumstances that Edgware were the SSML Premier treble winners in 2007, surely that fact has got to be worth some weight, seeing that just two years later we are looking at rejoining the league albeit at at lower level and in a new guise.

its based on crowds....you need to justify a reason why you shouldnt start in 'park' football

Ok, this is my last ever comment on Edgware. Just my opinion as a supporter of over 30 years. I have nothing to do with the running of the club.

I was really, really upset when I heard the news about the club eventually folding after years of hanging by a thread. But I have a life outside of football and have neither the time nor money to put into a helping run a new club.

Well maybe that isn't strictly the truth. I could put aside some time if the new venture was to be run by people that I trusted, liked and had respect for.

By a certain ex 'supporter', I have been told that I should be ashamed of myself along with the other supporters for letting the club die. This is often followed by foul and abusive forum postings that indicate to me that this person is not fit to run a football club.

Just take a look at Edgware's forum today to see if you think you would want to be a part of this team. Not me.

The constant references to 'real' fans, implying that I am not one, just gets caught up in my throat, do you know what I mean? It just makes me feel a little nauseous.

This all comes from the 'fan' who flies into a rage when things get tough and goes off to support a proper team like Millwall, or Borehamwood, or Kentish Town or.......

I think I may have said it before but you won't ever hear from me again so i'll just repeat it, Gavin, Rhodes good luck with Edgware 2009 but unfortunately you will have no support from, as you like to put it, the 'real fans' of Edgware Town FC.

You have simply done too much damage over the last couple of years to the good name of Edgware Town, just ask the fans of Wealdstone, Sudbury and Brentwood.

You will, no doubt, carry on posting on here about how I and the other fans should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the club die, but i promise you I have nothing to be ashamed about in my years of following the club. Can you say the same about yourself Gavin?

Anyway, good luck with the new club, I won't be there I can promise you. By the way, just a little tip, why don't you actually just ring each other up, arrange a meeting and act like adults for once. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I get the impression you are both a touch insecure about yourselves and need to play this game out in front of an audience to help your self esteem. Yeah, you're probably right, it's just me.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
New clubs cant start higher than level 7 unless there is extenuating circumstances

Yes but they won't be a new Club will they, Gavin and myself will argue this point out with the SSML hierarchy when the time comes

I was banned TWICE....but at least I showed some passion and desire as a supporter. As a volounteer I gave of my time and engery only for it to be thrown back in my face.

Gavin - I know the feeling

Yes but they won't be a new Club will they, Gavin and myself will argue this point out with the SSML hierarchy when the time comes

Is it not said elsewhere on this forum that the 'old' Club continues to be registered with the County?

Therefore, a new Club would be a new Club and not the old Club?

Anyway, good luck in your venture.

Gavin - I know the feeling

The truth always comes out in the end!

Will you be going for a hat-trick?

so...they will have same name...same ground...same committee...same players....

cant see any probs Rhodes smile