Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Non MyFC Fleet Fans

Jeff

Riverview Supporter, who hates the regular home support? I don't know anyone who feels like that. Don't take any notice of Claudius, he has clearly got too much sun today. If it's all about fund-raising, that's a different MyFC then. And of course, some MyFC members look at this forum (and there are a number of non-posting lurkers) and are horrified by the spleen being vented against MyFC. And they go back on the other forum and tell people ... someone was posting there about it the other day, a really nice American guy who only wants to see EUFC prosper. And it perpetuates the "divide".

We know Keith and Lorraine are stars. Well done to them for all they do. They are lovely people.

Its a perception Darter , maybe my words are not correct , but there is a perception that some have a real issue with locals that are not coming through the gate , supporters who do not embrace MYFC and supporters who do not agree with the outcome of votes.

I agree UU that the club does need members. MYFC has built a very good service with the webtv , match reports ,player profiles , interviews and so on. when I do get the chance , I do enjoy the content. To me , other then a few posts , taht is all I want from the site.

DD and JM are not the saviours, but they are whom we have and they need support , not bickering , infighting , arguments about PTT and so on.

I am not saying the club needs the Mr and Mrs Foxes only , but more mr and mrs foxes will help raise the MYFC profile locally.

There is nothing I want to see more than a succesfull EUFC. Comments from Claudius that Dartford are bigger only add fuel. Maybe they are , maybe they are not. This is EUFC and to be frank , there are plenty of loyal supporters at Dartford and Gillingham.I dont like seeing clubs go to pot as there are people like me at those clubs who have had their hearts ripped out.EUFC have been given a reprieve and need to embrace it.

We had a brief 15second spell of chants from our supporters today aimed at Cray Support/Players along the lines of "[****!!****] Team NO Ground". We could be in that position right now , or maybe in the future. This is about making EUFC a better community based team. And that comminity needs to be both local and internet based. We have to make Stonebridge Road welcoming to all. We need to make MYFC the same.

Darter started a thread called building bridges a while back. People reading this need to accept she spoke some sense. For these bridges to happen both EUFC and MYFC need to get their houses in order.

What I want and many others is local dad brings son to fleet. Local dad and and son sees a good game in a reasonable enviroment. Mr local dad and son see what MYFC has for them. Mr Local joins MYFC to see all the latest news , take up offers to come to games and buy merchandise.

At the moment , my opinion is that both entitys are so far apart that a lot of work is need to get anywhere near the team and spectable we want.

UU:- I will be at the game Wednesday and if you want a chat , just pop over and see me.

That's a really great post RS and I am in complete agreement with you. You may be amused to know (or possibly sad, I don't know) that they are falling out in lumps on MyFC now. I suppose we only see the posts of the few who feel the strongest about things. Good luck to you all, let's hope the Fleet go from strength to strength.

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter

We had a brief 15second spell of chants from our supporters today aimed at Cray Support/Players along the lines of "[****!!****] Team NO Ground". We could be in that position right now

I joined in with the chanting but that was the only chant I just couldn't honestly do for the same reasons as you feel. I wish for no club to go bust or to not have a home of their own.

Thank you for all the Kind words, and congrats to EUFC on getting the scond trophy in the cupboard. Sorry we couldn't be with you, but theres only so many long trips we can make financially.

There are a lot of good people in myfc but reading comments like I did this morning makes me despair at times.

1 Step forward, bang gun goes off, shoots in foot, 10 steps backwards.

To repeat what I have said so many times, comments posted are by individual members of myfc, you cant just say MYFC this, that. To be fair, I think people can see that.

So much has been achieved in 1 year , myfc birthday on Aug 1. A club has been helped to win 2 cups, so much positivity, friendships made,

please dont let the words of a minority have more power than they are worth.

I joke to people that Fridays are the trouble day on the MYFC forum as that is the day when incidents kick off.

It seems the great news about the first signing by EUFC regulars and myfc members yesterday only served to delay the crap for a day.

Its been a wonderful afternoon, some might say it was only the Kent Cup, buts its silverware. Now we have to have the normal crap again. It can be soul destroying, but we cant let it win.

The Fleet are what is important.

A problem exists in relation to what MyFC members expect from MyFC and what local supporters expect from MyFC.

So I will ask the question that I asked Pat on the other thread -

Originally Posted By: PatMan
the faster this whole idea will move onto the next stage.

And what would you consider to be 'the next stage' Pat?

Again - open to anyone -

What do local supporters expect from MyFC?

Originally Posted By: Darter
That's a really great post RS and I am in complete agreement with you. You may be amused to know (or possibly sad, I don't know) that they are falling out in lumps on MyFC now. I suppose we only see the posts of the few who feel the strongest about things. Good luck to you all, let's hope the Fleet go from strength to strength.
not me i am all for a quiet life.arguing is a waste of time i have found that out as i grow old.

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter

Darter started a thread called building bridges a while back. People reading this need to accept she spoke some sense.

UU:- I will be at the game Wednesday and if you want a chat , just pop over and see me.

was actually hampstead gaz who started the bridges thread and he's still sulking cos blanc moved it whilst he was pi55ed (great moderating) grin

I shall come to the trust hut first off RS as I have something for you...look forwards to meeting you and others and enjoying the game...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: doheochai

that surely is a candiate for the most stupid post ever submitted on here...are you pi55ed dom...drinkies

No - not pissed - but you would not be an appropriate one to answer the question - seeing as you do not support EUFC.

Genuine question - let's deal with it here and now

A member of MyFC has posted on the MyFC forum that he has no confidence in the Board - part of his criticsim is that he considers that some members of the board have a different agenda than representing the interests of the membership of MyFC .

People on here have criticised his comments

We need to address this issue - RS stated above that we were miles apart. Let's see what the gap actually is.

Again -

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars

Gooner, you've also lost quite badly out of this but you showed your hand far too quickly, the bigget thing you did wrong was throwing your toys out of the pram. The difference between you and darter is a couple of brain cells and she's got them all.

Why are you trying to bring me into this Harry, I'm not even involved in "that" thread. Fact is I've shown my support and expressed my thanks to the Board several times, matter of record. So I showed my hand too soon did I?

So why did you try to bring me into this? Because you can't let it go. You're trying too hard "mate".

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Originally Posted By: doheochai

Perhaps the question sould be what does MyFC expect from the locals?

Well Harry I tell you what -

Let the locals answer my question here and I will put your one up on the MyFC forum.