Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Non MyFC Fleet Fans

Jeff

Originally Posted By: doheochai

Do local supporters who are not members of MyFC not have a right to know what is going on with their club and the potential consequences of the decisions that are being made?

Or is it better to bury your heads in the sand and hope it all goes away.

If thats the case, why are local fans prevented from accessing the Forum themselves?

Originally Posted By: PatMan

But surely that's a MyFC members problem, not a Fleet fans problem?

I think that local supporters will have a lot to say if next February the club is in exactly the same position it was last February before the take-over and Daish is told to cut his playing budget by half

Discussing it here, with a mix of members and non-members is pointless - what do you (any of you, nothing personal!) hope to achieve? Apart from the non-members laughing at ye all for believing the "own the club etc etc etc" line?

Do local supporters who are not members of MyFC not have a right to know what is going on with their club and the potential consequences of the decisions that are being made?

Who just increased Liams playing budget, making the monthly debt even greater..............MyFC, not EUFC fans.
Somewhere I seem to remember in the dogsh!t dogma, that Myfc were not allowed to let the debts increase, but to address or manage the debt!
What happened to that promise?

If thats the case, why are local fans prevented from accessing the Forum themselves?

Pat, no-one is prevented are they? Anyone in the world can join, for

Originally Posted By: Darter

Pat, no-one is prevented are they?

Missed the point Darter - Dom was arguing that its valid EUFC fans to have a right to know whats happening on MyFC - you are saying they can have that right - if they pay. All I was saying is that a lot of the points/arguments/comments being discussed here were purely to do with MyFC...

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it either. My attitude is that you pay to make the decisions and to discuss proposals. To be honest the site is not working as well as it should i.e. to facilitate the decision making process but that's a different story.

However, I don't see anyone on here complaining when information from MyFC is posted on here.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Who just increased Liams playing budget, making the monthly debt even greater..............MyFC, not EUFC fans.

Without being given the accounts.

How many organisations do you know where a decision is amde on the budget without actually knowing what the balance sheet says.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Somewhere I seem to remember in the dogsh!t dogma, that Myfc were not allowed to let the debts increase, but to address or manage the debt!
What happened to that promise?

And when (if) the accounts are disclosed this season (supposed to be before the end of August) we will know the exact financial position and be in a position to make decisions accordingly.

If we get 20,000+ renewals then we won't have a problem.

If we don't then there will eb a problem that we will ahve to address.

However, I don't see anyone on here complaining when information from MyFC is posted on here.

Information is one thing Dom. MyFC members moaning about what they can and cannot do is something else entirely!

Sorry, I misunderstood. Unfortunately (which is where I came in really) I think MyFC and EUFC are now bound together. If MyFC were to collapse, EUFC would I'm sure continue, as it has before ... but there would be big changes, obviously. So to me, arguments about MyFC are really also arguments about EUFC, as any decisions will affect the club. I know not everyone will see it that way, particularly those who aren't MyFCers, but I personally feel that is a problem now - or perhaps an opportunity, if you happen to be someone who isn't disenchanted with MyFC. Unfortunately, I made my mind up a while ago that MyFC wasn't what it said on the tin.

I think this thread is getting to the heart of the matter, though. Angry postings on this forum or on the MyFC one don't help at all, either way, although they might make individuals feel better. I have encouraged MyFC members to join this forum - a few have, but not enough. I asked if fans from here could view MyFC - that isn't going to happen. Maybe David will be able to do something as the new CEO - who knows? We need something different, I think.

It's been good to post on here today. It's something I would love to see work out well, whether or not I am still a part of it.

Information is one thing Dom. MyFC members moaning about what they can and cannot do is something else entirely!

Pat I think that you will find that the vast majority of the 'moaning' posts, like the one at the start of this thread, are actually copied and pasted from the MyFC forum.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter

Darter started a thread called building bridges a while back. People reading this need to accept she spoke some sense.

UU:- I will be at the game Wednesday and if you want a chat , just pop over and see me.

was actually hampstead gaz who started the bridges thread and he's still sulking cos blanc moved it whilst he was pi55ed (great moderating) grin

I shall come to the trust hut first off RS as I have something for you...look forwards to meeting you and others and enjoying the game...

Halfway through reading this, but thought I'd reply to this as it was directly aimed at me.

I wasn't drunk when I moved the thread, just bored.

I was getting seriously worried that the Wicked Uncle & Doheochai were actually being civil to each other on here - even, dare I say it, respecting one another's opinions. Fecking hell!! Now if that isn't a sign of the imminent onset of the Apocalypse I don't know what is! But then I read the early hours additions to the "Fleet to be run by Supporters Trust" thread & realised all was still well with the world & we had a bit longer before the Book of Revelation starts to unfold before us.

Much as it hurts, I have to add that, when he isn't playing the Devil's Advocate, our avuncular Essex friend sees things pretty clearly (though I disagree with his view that Will Brooks will have 666 clearly visible when his hair finishes receding.) All the infighting is pointless & ultimately destructive. Forget the wild men like Claudius, we still need a sizeable number of those people who signed up to the idea of the people owning a football club to stick with us, or the only way is down.

Some of the stuff on the MyFC forum p*sses me off no end, but let's be clear, without MyFC we would not have had the extra injection to the playing budget in the 2nd half of last season, nor would we now be strengthening the squad as we now are & actually paying cash for players. We cannot be seen just to be taking the money & saying now f*ck off with all your founding principles. Enough people have to be convinced that they are still on a project that is different, that is evolving & ultimately can succeed or in February the anchors will go overboard & the grinding halt will possibly be enough to pull the Fleet apart.

The Roberts & the Keiths & the Tom Bakers will stick with us through thick & thin, God bless them, but we need more than that. The rest are not all power crazy losers trying to compensate for some deep seated inadequacy, or geeky wannabee football managers; these are the ones that shout the loudest - because people who are a bit odd always make a lot of noise. It is in all our interests to appeal to that silent majority who coughed up their money & now seem to have gone very quiet.

We will not survive simply by relying on people who have become Fleet supporters & we cannot afford to alienate people who happily admit to supporting other teams, but who were prepared to stick with MyFC because they believed in the ideal. The plain fact is we need their money, we need them to keep being idealistic & I for one can respect them for their commitment. Just because they are not voting to pick the team does not mean they are not interested any more - but they will surely disappear if they are led to believe that nobody else is interested any more & that the whole project is imploding into some kind of civil war between factions so self-interested that they have lost sight of the fact that they share the same goal.

There, I think Dom would be proud of the number of paragraphs I took to say that.

Graham S

Graham, what an intelligent and interesting post (don't mean that to sound patronising, I am being genuine). This thread needs to be moved onto the MyFC forum in its entirety, so that people there can see the way the debate is going.

BTW, two things I particularly liked - "people who are a bit odd always make a lot of noise" - couldn't possible comment hahaha grin and "Will Brooks will have '666' clearly visible when his hair finishes receding" ... oh lol ... laugh

Quality post Graham S... Good points, well made.

As to this "take the money, now eff off" concept, I dont think that was first said by a Fleet fan. Everyone is well aware of the financial doo-dah the club was in, and the money was essential to the club continuing at its current level.

This, as inferred by the website address, is a Fans Forum - not an 'owners/members' one. Therefore the comments here are likely to be those lead by the heart, not the head. Its football, not business to most here. Balancing membership numbers isn't interesting - getting more fans in, to decent surroundings is.

Stonebridge Road is HOME to people here, not WWW DOTCOM.

To pick the team, or not pick the team seems to be a huge issue. What does it matter if a few dozen, few hundred HERE don't like it? It's the 30k on the MyFC forum that need persuading to vote - all the time the vote is treated by apathy by the MyFC members, the more those poor voting figures will be thrown back at you. The same with the fuss about the MyFC board - I would suggest that MyFC sort out their own internal issues, before trying to convince non-members that they know best for everyone.

This isn't a dig at anyone, just an outside view of the situation.

I have been asked why wouldn't I join MyFC, what would it take for me to join. FFS, why would anyone want to just yet? From this view its a total shambles, the forums are far too moderated, the entire 'own the club, pick the team' concept is still flawed - go on, why would I want to?

ps - Dom wont be impressed you need to add in half a dozen 'quotes' to get to his standard!

Pat, funnily enough I have just posted on MyFC that members will find that this forum comes from the heart, but is sincere for that. A MyFC member had been over, had had a look and was alarmed at what he saw as the great divide. I said he should start posting here. Hope you don't mind ... bisou