Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Non MyFC Fleet Fans

Jeff

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
Originally Posted By: Graham S
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

What are your suggestions...?

. As you say, it's no good just hoping people will renew. New people have to be encouraged to join - & that, Patman & Wobbly Wayne, is why you should too.
Graham S

For me it is and always has been simple,
if PTT officially dies then I join MYFC, if it doesn't I don't.
If PTT comes in, I stop going to games, if it doesn't I carry on going.
I don't care much for people telling me what I should do.

But other than that , a fine post.

The Fleet have and will continue to get their money out of me, in one guise or another whether it has been buying shares, sponsorship or handing over to player pledges. My 35 quid ( sorry 27.50 ) will not make that much of a difference.

But I agree the MYFC 30,000 need to be brought into the fold better than they have. As i) there is potentially many talented football fans out there whom can play a great role in building our club in some guise or another and ii) they need to be getting something for their investment.

If I was in MYFC I would be petitioning for a change in the make up of the MYFC board, so that it can not get dominated by locals. Some say it is not democratic, but they should have insisted on quotas. ie at least 2 overseas members, 2 from more 'x' many miles away. And that half of board were members of MYFC before Fleet were the chosen club.

its not too late to make these changes , or at least put them to their members to vote on, for next years elections. ( I presume each Board member is up for election each year ? )

As you can see I don't want it to fail, I want it to flourish and build a club the football community at large can hold up as an example of how a club should operate.
If only that pesky PTT didn't get in the way..

fantastic drum beating war chant wayne but the trouble with that post mate is that it totally ignores the real problem...

the members paid money to own the club and pick the team...until someone deals with that (and with the greatest of respect to you as a fleet supporter you can't) then the sword of damoclese hangs over the fleets head come february...

I must confess that I find it difficult to understand why you guys cannot grasp the situation here...you think that it will all go away and the money will continue to pour in....it won't...

I must confess that I find it difficult to understand why you guys cannot grasp the situation here...you think that it will all go away and the money will continue to pour in....it won't...

I find this all very tedious and repetitive. I think at this juncture, I shall bury my head in the prover(bile) sand and just enjoy this coming season of football at Stonebridge, as it looks like the end of the world is nigh. We have been down this road so many times UU over the years. We are used to it. Cheers giveup

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
I find this all very tedious and repetitive. I think at this juncture, I shall bury my head in the prover(bile) sand and just enjoy this coming season of football at Stonebridge, as it looks like the end of the world is nigh. We have been down this road so many times UU over the years. We are used to it. Cheers giveup

apologies bill as one tries to assist in these debates...tedious or not its real and perhaps the recent issues surrounding fleet have served to highlight the reason why so many seasons pass and the fans get used to it all....

they are used to it....grin

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
You really struggle with understanding the written word don't you UU. Which bit of 'If the option of Liam not having the final say was removed' do you not grasp the meaning of?

Of course the members will never have the final say in the team that takes the field but there is absolutely no reason why the members shouldn't make their selections and present the results to Liam for his consideration when he picks the team.
As has been pointed out ad infinitum the team will be 95% the same as Liams anyway so he can take their advice on that 95% and explain the other 5%.
They might even get it right and he could tell them that it is their team that is playing that day but the important thing is that he will retain the final decision.

If that method of PTT was adopted I would certainly use the team selector but all the time that there is the slightest possibility that Liam won't have the final say I am forced to give my vote to Liam.

no dave/slarti... I don't struggle with anything (and please don't patronise me as you don't have the whereofitall to do so except on a forum as for certain you haven't got a clue about how to run a football club or how to deal with the current problems that could close one) but I do read your posts on here and on the other side and I actually wonder sometimes how you can be so duplicitous in your desire to please everyone....

quite frankly I think you sold out a while back for self congratulation and your judgement on what the members will put up with is frankly quite astoundingly arrogant...come february you may not have a club and yet your prime concern is to fck around with self serving posts that appease your old mates on here and your new ones on the cesspit.....

Wow Uncle you are really touchy about your poor understanding of the written word aren't you.

Unfortunately it isn't just the reading that you struggle with is it. There is no such word as 'whereofitall' did you mean wherewithal?
As for being duplicitous I am afraid that you clearly have as poor an understanding of the posts on the MyFC forum as you have of the ones on this forum, I have stuck to exactly the same stance on PTT on both forums and have certainly made as many enemies as friends over
there because of it.
I'll grant you the jibe about not knowing how to run a football club but then of course I never have made any claim that I could run one, obviously you would beat all of us on that one anyway as you run one of the most respected football clubs in....errr Hornchuch.

You really struggle with understanding the written word don't you UU. Which bit of 'If the option of Liam not having the final say was removed' do you not grasp the meaning of?

Of course the members will never have the final say in the team that takes the field but there is absolutely no reason why the members shouldn't make their selections and present the results to Liam for his consideration when he picks the team.
As has been pointed out ad infinitum the team will be 95% the same as Liams anyway so he can take their advice on that 95% and explain the other 5%.
They might even get it right and he could tell them that it is their team that is playing that day but the important thing is that he will retain the final decision.

If that method of PTT was adopted I would certainly use the team selector but all the time that there is the slightest possibility that Liam won't have the final say I am forced to give my vote to Liam.

no dave/slarti... I don't struggle with anything (and please don't patronise me as you don't have the whereofitall to do so except on a forum as for certain you haven't got a clue about how to run a football club or how to deal with the current problems that could close one) but I do read your posts on here and on the other side and I actually wonder sometimes how you can be so duplicitous in your desire to please everyone....

quite frankly I think you sold out a while back for self congratulation and your judgement on what the members will put up with is frankly quite astoundingly arrogant...come february you may not have a club and yet your prime concern is to fck around with self serving posts that appease your old mates on here and your new ones on the cesspit.....

Wow Uncle you are really touchy about your poor understanding of the written word aren't you.

Unfortunately it isn't just the reading that you struggle with is it. There is no such word as 'whereofitall' did you mean wherewithal?
As for being duplicitous I am afraid that you clearly have as poor an understanding of the posts on the MyFC forum as you have of the ones on this forum, I have stuck to exactly the same stance on PTT on both forums and have certainly made as many enemies as friends over
there because of it.
I'll grant you the jibe about not knowing how to run a football club but then of course I never have made any claim that I could run one, obviously you would beat all of us on that one anyway as you run one of the most respected football clubs in....errr Hornchuch.

I'm not touchy about anything slarti....but it would seem you are as you seek to subjectively explain yourself.....

grin

Originally Posted By: Graham S

What are your suggestions...?

. As you say, it's no good just hoping people will renew. New people have to be encouraged to join - & that, Patman & Wobbly Wayne, is why you should too.
Graham S

If PTT comes in, I stop going to games, if it doesn't I carry on going.
I don't care much for people telling me what I should do.

But other than that , a fine post.

The Fleet have and will continue to get their money out of me, in one guise or another whether it has been buying shares, sponsorship or handing over to player pledges. My 35 quid ( sorry 27.50 ) will not make that much of a difference.

But I agree the MYFC 30,000 need to be brought into the fold better than they have. As i) there is potentially many talented football fans out there whom can play a great role in building our club in some guise or another and ii) they need to be getting something for their investment.

If I was in MYFC I would be petitioning for a change in the make up of the MYFC board, so that it can not get dominated by locals. Some say it is not democratic, but they should have insisted on quotas. ie at least 2 overseas members, 2 from more 'x' many miles away. And that half of board were members of MYFC before Fleet were the chosen club.

its not too late to make these changes , or at least put them to their members to vote on, for next years elections. ( I presume each Board member is up for election each year ? )

As you can see I don't want it to fail, I want it to flourish and build a club the football community at large can hold up as an example of how a club should operate.

fantastic drum beating war chant wayne but the trouble with that post mate is that it totally ignores the real problem...

the members paid money to own the club and pick the team...until someone deals with that (and with the greatest of respect to you as a fleet supporter you can't) then the sword of damoclese hangs over the fleets head come february...

strangely enough I used to be a drummer in Gravesends premier beat combo in the early 80's. Looks like I haven't lost the touch.

But I do grasp the situation, at no stage in my post do I mention that funds will pour in, and nor do I believe they will continue to do so. Feb 2008 was as good as it was ever going to get in lump sum membership fees, so we needed to tap into the marketing potential of a large membership, rather than alienate it. We are now spending even more than we were and the monthly p/l deficit has widened, so it is a poential disaster waiting to happen.

People certainly won't continue to cough up unless they feel they are getting something for their money. At the moment, although not a member and as such privvy to all the information, it seems from the outside they are not.
I think they were sold a pup in more ways than one, but that is now by the by, we now have 6 months to sort it out and take on the apathy.
You are right I can't personally sort it out or do bugger all really, apart from keep turning up. It is down to the MYFC membership and board and EUFC board to do that, it is their club and we will rise or fall by their decisions.
But that was the very reason they joined in the first place wasn't it? ie. To own the club and make these types of decisions, so lets let them do that.

But I do hope they look at the MYFC board make up, and make it more representative of the MYFC membership, as that may go someway to restoring the link between membership and club.

Up the Fleet...

PS. I have guilt tripped 5 non Fleet supporting mates who were MYFCers before they announced they were taking over the Fleet to renew in Feb, so I am doing my bit.

Sign-up so Wayne cause PTT is effectively a dead-duck. In all the votes so far more than 80% of the membership are voting to give Daish total control of the team selection in one form or another and that is not going to change. If anything the PTT purists will stop voting as they don't see the point.

For the game V Baintree 734 voted and only 70 wanted to PTT without Daish having final say.

Similarly for the game against Cray W - 789 voted with 98 wanting to PTT.

Tony is right in suggesting that PTT be used as an indicator of members feelings about how team selections are going and the team is playing in general without imposing anything on the manager. this is the only logical use of PTT now.

If I was in MYFC I would be petitioning for a change in the make up of the MYFC board,

The board memebrs have a three year term of office with a third standing in rotation for election each year.

At the moment the Board only has six members as Chris P has resigned. The members are currently discussing how he should be replaced, but, according to the rules, the Board have the right to co-opt a new member.

New voting procedures are also being discussed for next February's election. There has been some discussion about designating board positions to location but the general consensus seems to be to let the members pick the best people for the job. Personally I can see the merits in ensuring representation from different areas and would support a middle ground approach. I suspect that next year the board will be expanded to eleven members from the current seven. I would then suggest that there would be 2 locals, 2 from the rest of the UK, 2 international, and the remaining 5 positions filled by the five highest vote-getters.

Wouldn't it be great if it did work.
it isn't anymore.

To me, as an "original" MyFCer, I can say without reservation that the result of the last Board election was possibly the thing which helped least in terms of the "great divide". This isn't to say that the people who stood and were elected didn't have good intentions - I'm sure they all did and it's clear now that most of them have worked hard to get things going. But for MyFC members to suddenly find the new MyFC Society Board had 4 members on it who had had absolutely nothing to do with MyFC prior to the election was discouraging, to say the least. Of the other three successful candidates (all of whom I voted for), only one lived any distance away - Arithon, who is Leicester-based.

There is a lot of debate on the forum at the moment about who should represent the membership, and many people are simply saying "it should be whomsoever is the best for the job, wherever they are from". Those are fine words - but unfortunately, the person best equipped to represent members overseas may not be the best one to represent local members, or members in other parts of the UK. I'd therefore also support a move to have a Board comprised of local MyFCers, other UK-based MyFCers and a couple of people to speak for those overseas who are new supporters now but who will never get over to this country and therefore need to be engaged in other ways. They must ALL be technically-proficient IT-wise, as they are representing a community which has as its voice an internet forum.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Wasn't the Board elected with the same apathy that all other votes have attracted?

I don't think that was the case really, and it attracted so much discussion and debate for weeks and weeks beforehand, Les.

I truly can't remember now how many voted. Not a big number that's for sure, I wasn't suggesting that - but certainly it attracted loads of heated forum discussion. I'll see if I can find it, they have been discussing the last election results these last couple of days as we are now one Board member down.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
How many voted then?

About 6,500

The election took over a month - far too bloody long. By the end of the second week the candidates were bored, never mind the rest of the membership. The only thing that made it interesting in the last week was Loosey withdrawning and then re-entering the election again (after he received hundreds of messages beggin him to reconsider feedback)

And Jeff is right - the smilies are muh more fun on here. hyperactive

Originally Posted By: doheochai
The only thing that made it interesting in the last week was Loosey withdrawning and then re-entering the election again (after he received hundreds of messages beggin him to reconsider feedback)

not so sure about that as it was far more interesting watching you spitting your dummy out when you didn't get elected...grin

The only thing that made it interesting in the last week was Loosey withdrawning and then re-entering the election again (after he received hundreds of messages beggin him to reconsider feedback)

not so sure about that as it was far more interesting watching you spitting your dummy out when you didn't get elected...grin

Yes that was good - but the other really interesting thing was the mysterious deletion of a number of messages of support from loosegooner's election thread ... now that was VERY interesting and we never got an explanation for it, did we Dom??

Originally Posted By: Darter

Yes that was good - but the other really interesting thing was the mysterious deletion of a number of messages of support from loosegooner's election thread ... now that was VERY interesting and we never got an explanation for it, did we Dom??

and nor will you darling as the self servers seek to service themselves into service.....myfc was tailor made for them....grin

Originally Posted By: Darter

And as usual the School Master doesn't know what he is talking about. Wanchai.