Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Non MyFC Fleet Fans

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Originally Posted By: doheochai
What do local supporters expect from MyFC?

Perhaps the question sould be what does MyFC expect from the locals?

Instead of "expect", perhaps we should say "hope for", Paul. That might be more open-handed.

Originally Posted By: Darter

Well, they are playing in a national league Pat and the core of MyFC fans who make most of the matches are travelling all over ... I can't see how anyone can criticise MyFC members for not going to Stonebridge Road if the original EUFC fans don't do the away games ... grin

Darter, I think you missed the point of my post.
MyFC are at EUFC for the primary purpose of injecting cash into the club. The 'original' fans inject money, a great deal of money, into the club by attending home games.
Its good for the team that MyFC fans travel to a local game to see the Fleet play away, but it does NOTHING to assist the club financially.
The club need fans through the Stonebridge Road gates, not away games. MyFC as a whole have proved their lack of interest in home games last season - Dom's plan to lay on transport was cancelled due to lack of suuport.

It wasn't a critism, just a statement of fact.

You first

Okay.

What I hope for from MyFC members is first and foremost an understanding that this is a football club that is at stake and rather than getting furious about things not being run their way, they're much better off rolling up their sleeves and getting on with it.

Now you go.

I'll have a crack Dom.

Although obviously I wear two hats here so I will answer from both sides.

What do locals expect from MyFC?

To act as a responsible owner.

What do MyFC expect from EUFC?

Win.

What do MyFC members expect from MyFC?

To act democratically not be driven by a few noisy individuals.

What do locals expect from EUFC?

Win.

There we aren't so far apart at all are we?

We all want the club to win and we all want MyFC to act reponsibly which they will do as long as the decisions continue to be made by the silent majority and not the minority on the forums who are totally out of touch with the will of the members.

there is a serious defect in the thinking behind the three posts in answer to wanchai (yes he is back) above..

a large slice of the myfc members paid money to own and run a football club....you simply cannot ignore that fact and they have a legal right to expect that and at the moment they are not getting it...doesn't matter what we all think they should be doing....its what they expect for their investment that counts....large scale dissatisfaction could lead to huge reductions in membership and subsequently large loss of vital income at a time where the fleet needs it...

gis the dosh and fck off will simply not work here...

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars

Okay.

What I hope for from MyFC members is first and foremost an understanding that this is a football club that is at stake and rather than getting furious about things not being run their way, they're much better off rolling up their sleeves and getting on with it.

Now you go.

From a MyFC perspective -

I would hope that the local supporters would accept that the vast majority of the membership of MyFC have nothing but the best interests of the club at heart.

I would hope that the local supporters would consider the possibilities of being part of a new way of running a football club and the benefits that could accrue to the club as a result.

I would hope that the local supporters recognise the fact that MyFC as owners can create a more open and transparent environment where all football fans can see that running a football club is not rocket science and football fans can do it as well or better than anyone else.

I would hope that local supporters would see the benefits of allowing the memebrs of MyFC to make decisions affecting the club, in an open and democratic way, and being able to judge the positives and negatives of such decisions.

and a question to you - what exactly should they get on with?

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
we all want MyFC to act reponsibly which they will do as long as the decisions continue to be made by the silent majority and not the minority on the forums who are totally out of touch with the will of the members.

And hopefully the silent majority renew in their thousands. because if they don't MyFC and EUFC could both be f*cked.

The biggest problem we have at the moment is that it appears there are probably only about 2,000 members taking an active interest in MyFC. There is evidence that many have become disillusioned because of the failure to implment active members decision-making within MyFC (and I am not talking about PTT here - its a different issue).

I may be wrong - but I suspect that many people joined MyFC to have a say in running a football club (EUFC) whether the lcoal supporters like this or not - and without that, will not renew. Unless MyFC gets about 15,000 renewals in February we better ahve a Plan B (and probaly a plan C + D as well).

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

a large slice of the myfc members paid money to own and run a football club....you simply cannot ignore that fact and they have a legal right to expect that and at the moment they are not getting it...doesn't matter what we all think they should be doing....its what they expect for their investment that counts....large scale dissatisfaction could lead to huge reductions in membership and subsequently large loss of vital income at a time where the fleet needs it...

Not exactly how I would have put it - but reasonably accurate none-the-less

yes... it was 15 paragraphs shorter than you would have put it...grin

Originally Posted By: PatMan

MyFC are at EUFC for the primary purpose of injecting cash into the club.

Missed this post - This is most definitely not the case Pat.

MyFC are at EUFC as owners to run the club. As owners the majority of MyFc members recognise that practically every club runs at a loss and as such a mechanism is needed to cover the financial losses - just as Kilcullen and Botley did for several years here.

The club need fans through the Stonebridge Road gates, not away games. MyFC as a whole have proved their lack of interest in home games last season - Dom's plan to lay on transport was cancelled due to lack of suuport.

Yes the club needs more fans through the gates - but supplying those fans was not and is not the purpose of MyFC. MyFC in ownership should facilitate measure to increase getting more locals through the gates - this is the only way of making the club more sustainable.

MyFC can ensure the financial stability of the club - but only if it gets sufficient membership fees each year - and, to do that, the members need to be involved in what they expected to be i.e. making real decisions.

yes... it was 15 paragraphs shorter than you would have put it...grin

I have been watching this thread progress all night with both interest and boredom (what a way to spend a Saturday night!) and this made me laugh my [****!!****] off. Thanks!

Dom, MyFC are indeed 'owners', and all club owners should realise they need to do one thing more than any other, and thats to dig deep. Ask the last board if not sure. Ask anyone who owns a football club. The old saying, "How do you make a small fortune from running a football club? Start with a large fortune" wasn't created in jest.

And therefor if MyFC are not here to provide cash, then why are they here?

And you missed the point of the post Dom - it was in reply to a post by Darter about where fans watch games, and comparing Fleet fans attendance at away games to MyFC fans

they are here pat to run the club and pick the team which is what they paid for....

here's the real marketing spin that garnered the dosh

own the club pick the team

here's the one that you think should have been spun

give us the dosh and shut the fck up

you have to understand that they were sold this dream of owning and managing....had the second spoof ad of mine gone out there would have been 10 members...grin

I have put millions into football but always did so knowing that it was never to return...no one told me that I would get this that or the other if I did it...I did it because I wanted to (fool am I grin)...

these moonies bought a dream..they were actually conned to be truthful and that is their gripe...we know its all bollox and that they cannot run the club or pick the team but they didn't know that...they went into the shop for a cream cake and came out with a stale bread roll...

they are here pat to run the club and pick the team which is what they paid for....

you have to understand that they were sold this dream of owning and managing....had the second spoof ad of mine gone out there would have been 10 members...grin

biglaugh

Now, now Unc - don't be putting words in my mouth...

Dom, MyFC are indeed 'owners', and all club owners should realise they need to do one thing more than any other, and thats to dig deep. Ask the last board if not sure. Ask anyone who owns a football club. The old saying, "How do you make a small fortune from running a football club? Start with a large fortune" wasn't created in jest.

And I said so in my previous post. MyFC members recognise that they need to subidise the loss making elements of the club.

But I suspect that the last owners controlled all the decision-making in the club. MyFC, so far, do not - and until they do then there may not be enough of them around to keep the club afloat.

it's a bit like 'no taxation without representation'

And you missed the point of the post Dom - it was in reply to a post by Darter about where fans watch games, and comparing Fleet fans attendance at away games to MyFC fans

And I actually disagree with Darter on that issue.

But I suspect that the last owners controlled all the decision-making in the club. MyFC, so far, do not - and until they do then there may not be enough of them around to keep the club afloat.

But surely that's a MyFC members problem, not a Fleet fans problem?

Discussing it here, with a mix of members and non-members is pointless - what do you (any of you, nothing personal!) hope to achieve? Apart from the non-members laughing at ye all for believing the "own the club etc etc etc" line?

But surely that's a MyFC members problem, not a Fleet fans problem?

I think that local supporters will have a lot to say if next February the club is in exactly the same position it was last February before the take-over and Daish is told to cut his playing budget by half

Discussing it here, with a mix of members and non-members is pointless - what do you (any of you, nothing personal!) hope to achieve? Apart from the non-members laughing at ye all for believing the "own the club etc etc etc" line?

Do local supporters who are not members of MyFC not have a right to know what is going on with their club and the potential consequences of the decisions that are being made?

Or is it better to bury your heads in the sand and hope it all goes away.