Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

George Purcell

fleet_fan

Threads like this are the exact reason why there are only about 10 people left that post on this forum, someone posts a rumour, which is fine, footballs all about rumours and opinions, but then in no time at all the posting desolves into a slanging match and everyone gets involved, the original subject of the posting gets lost in all the arguing and it all developes into a cyber punch up. Lets talk about football, disagree with people when you want, but respect ALL opinions. At the end of the day, we all support 'The Fleet', no matter who goes to Home or Away games or where we come from. On the original subject, George Purcell will almost definitely leave and I reckon it will be a move to Dover, he is a very good player and deserves regular football, it seems he isn't going to get that at Ebbsfleet United.

Originally Posted By: eufckev
Good question there, Slarti.

At present I probably wouldnt drop anyone from the starting eleven, but I'd probably put Purcell on the bench.

Shame I don't PTT grin

You still have to drop someone who is currently on the bench though Kev if you want George to take their place.
You probably need to leave either Shakes or Ibe out of the sixteen and to be honest if either of them wasn't on the bench I think I would have Appiah in their place ahead of George, its all down to personal opinion of course and Liams opinion is the important one but I think George is looking at at least four injuries/suspensions before he gets a look in.
I can't see him getting picked in a wide position ahead of Long/Slatts/Shakes/Appiah/Moore and I can't see him getting picked up front ahead of Gash/Moore/Ibe/Appiah and possibly even Callendar.

It's awfully hard to quibble with Liam's judgment recently, isn't it? With a small playing budget compared to the league's top competitors, we have seen the Fleet put together a 12-game span, including some of the toughest squads in the league, and are joint leaders in goal difference. Maybe I'm naive, but GD seems to me the only stat that is really worth following as an indicator of form. If this keeps up, I'll be delighted to take a second job to pay for a return trip to Wembley. Early days, I know. But it's hard not to be excited with this squad's results.