Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

1893 letter in todays Gazette

Landyman

Snotty letter from Richard Gillman re the discussions to unite the clubs. General moan, but does accuse Mr Millington (his words)of a loss of memory and failing to recontact 1893 regarding a merger. Also says that Enfield Town say one thing and do another, and can we be trusted!

A "toys out of the pram" situation me thinks.

So, let Club 18-93 come forth and confirm NOW that they DO WANT TO MERGE, then the talking can start before it is too late and Town have dealt with the requirements of the new Lease / Ground / Council work etc.

Just moaning in the local paper is a weak effort.

If Club 18-93 want it - they need to SORT IT NOW.

It would be great if the two clubs did work together to find a way forward as one club. Unfortunately the letter in this week's Gazette was from Enfield'1893'FC's Commercial and Marketing Manager who could have proved to have valuable contacts for sponsorship if there ever is a 'United' club. If he's against the idea of the two clubs merging then I can't imagine that the situation is likely to change.

'EN1 - Football's coming home!'

Those who decided to take over Lazarous debt in 2000,and those that followed them have been setting light to the devide over the river that joins the two sets of former fellow fans for years.I feel now with the 1893 supporters (almost) unmanamous vote again a merger,plus this letter by a board member,they have now finally burned their bridges once and for all with those who now run and own ETFC.

I do agree.

Enfield FC is dead - but not yet buried - the digitally obsessed club in Ware are still mourning its demise. It is my view that they are as much removed from the old EFC as ETFC. These are two new clubs who must stand by their own successes and failures. If the numerological club want to amalgamate I dont think that we should turn them away but the time for amalgamation appears to have passed.

Oh well.

I wonder if the 1893 defeat at Takely and the clear message from ETFC that it will not be surrendering its interest in Goldsdown Holdings has 1893 wanting to get back to the table?

Following Mr Gillman's sour grapes comment in the Evening Standard last Friday, his letter to the Gazette seems perverse (at best) to me. Surely the most recent act in relation to unity was 1893's pre-match meeting at which it declared it wasn't interested. To try and throw this back at the Board now makes little sense unless some Board members at 1893 have changed their minds, and perhaps want to cut their losses/discuss whether ETFC will refund them.

In my view Gillman or whoever else are entitled to express there opinions just as we are. We can accuse them of sour grapes and bitter individuels, but to be honest, how would we have felt should the council proposals had gone the opposite way.

We need common sense to prevail. Firstly the borough has never had the capacity to house two senior non league teams and we were deemed the preferred option for the QE Stadium.

Secondly, we are a supporters run club a scenario that is spreading throughout the country with similar set ups (latest being FC Liverpool and Halifax Town just to mention 2). The Liverpool fans are even trying to raise 500m to buy out the yanks at Anfield.

I'm still up for both sets of boards to get together and work closer as ETFC under the fans owned arrangement and constitution where joint expertise can drive us onwards and upwards as proud football fans and Enfieldians in the community.

It can't be a good time at 1893, they had their hopes dashed with the councils proposals and also have lost THE quality striker of not only ESL football but will be Ryman level too.

And in all honesty unless they wanna buy a piece of land (never been a better time) and develope a footy stadium then they dont stand a chance of getting a team into our borough.

Results for them have been poor of late and looks as if financial input has stopped, which I fully understand if it has.

Now we need ego's to be knocked down a peg or two alround and genuine conversations on how the Town and 1893 board of directors can work together under a supporters run trust/organisation.

Sorry guys am I labouring the merger convo again?

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
It can't be a good time at 1893, they had their hopes dashed with the councils proposals and also have lost THE quality striker of not only ESL football but will be Ryman level too.

And in all honesty unless they wanna buy a piece of land (never been a better time) and develope a footy stadium then they dont stand a chance of getting a team into our borough.

Results for them have been poor of late and looks as if financial input has stopped, which I fully understand if it has.

Now we need ego's to be knocked down a peg or two alround and genuine conversations on how the Town and 1893 board of directors can work together under a supporters run trust/organisation.

Sorry guys am I labouring the merger convo again?
I think that most clubs are tightening the purse strings at the mo with a recession looming thats the natural thing to do and there will be more clubs sadly dissappear as a result ,I believe they have pretty much the same team as last season just the Sherwin has gone , Our financial situation isn't that great . As regards BladeRunners comments in Efc1893 page I do think some points are soundly put .I think they just want to know what they are getting into .I too would like to know whats happening with the Five A side pitch Income refused (The Basis of Town's viable bid for the Q E stadium) What is Our Debt situation ? What are we allowed to do at the Q E 2 stadium for example are the grass banks dissappearing ? Are we able to squeeze any Five A side pitches inside the stadium itself . Andy asked the question last week ,How are we going to fund the development as a whole ? Like you Andy I'm confused too . Someone is bound to say we'll get more sponsorship but in times of recession Do you honestly think sponsors are going to beat a path to our door ? Answers on back of a stamp please .

I think there will always be partners willing to do business. Even the brewery could loan money out for Five a sides within the grass banks of the stadium, knowing that players would use the bar afterwards for the social afters. Thats Just one example. And of course being a Supporters trust we are able to apply for various grants and lottery funding as well as FA support.

We'll just have to let the think tanks do there thinking and us supporters carry on doing the supporting, HOWEVER, any fan who has not contributed towards a

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I think there will always be partners willing to do business. Even the brewery could loan money out for Five a sides within the grass banks of the stadium, knowing that players would use the bar afterwards for the social afters. Thats Just one example. And of course being a Supporters trust we are able to apply for various grants and lottery funding as well as FA support.

We'll just have to let the think tanks do there thinking and us supporters carry on doing the supporting, HOWEVER, any fan who has not contributed towards a