Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Membership Renewal

Special K

If 100 voted for or against PTT and 30,900 didn't vote at all, that's nothing to do with majorities. It means 30,900 aren't interested or don't like the model for voting which is there. If you don't vote, it doesn't mean you are against something. Lots of people don't vote in a General Election, they choose not to be bothered for whatever reason. but it doesn't mean they don't want a Parliamentary democracy.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
Then the 30,900 don't deserve the right to complain in that case.

Hannah,
I think the problem is that people don't know what 30,900 members are thinking. They might support ptt - or they might not. It is possible they could care less about ptt.

What should concern us is that we don't know why those 30,900 paid their subscription for MyFC. Is there another hot button that we aren't aware of? A bigger problem? We can't assume that silence is an affirmation of the current process.

A business person certainly is aware of people that complain about his product/service. What keeps him awake at night is the fear that there are people who have decided to go to another provider. What is scary is they aren't stopping by to say why they made their decision.

Is there a way to contact every member (other than through this or the MyFC forums) to find out what attracted them to MyFC and what will it take to keep them enrolled?

People need a safe way to respond to this question. Forums are frightening if you read too many posts.

Well, let's be fair. We don't know that yet! I can't see them all staying on, not even half, but if that's the case, maybe MyFC can be a secondary sponsor to the club still. If MyFC [****!!****] up, at least we gave it a go, no one knows what the result of something new is going to be... and it won't be the end of the world if MyFC go. We will be in a better way we were than before MyFC and our John Moules and David Davies are drawing up a Plan B.

I don't think us Fleet fans have much to fear. I can still see the loyal MyFCers still following the Fleet and even coming to watch us still, because they feel they have a connection to the club... and I'd still love to see them all come along. MyFC has been an experience, because I've meet great, loyal football fans and made new friends, with new and old supporters.

Doom and gloom??? Nah.

Cheers.

Originally Posted By: dnb294
Originally Posted By: Hannah
Then the 30,900 don't deserve the right to complain in that case.

Hannah,
I think the problem is that people don't know what 30,900 members are thinking. They might support ptt - or they might not. It is possible they could care less about ptt.

What should concern us is that we don't know why those 30,900 paid their subscription for MyFC. Is there another hot button that we aren't aware of? A bigger problem? We can't assume that silence is an affirmation of the current process.

A business person certainly is aware of people that complain about his product/service. What keeps him awake at night is the fear that there are people who have decided to go to another provider. What is scary is they aren't stopping by to say why they made their decision.

Is there a way to contact every member (other than through this or the MyFC forums) to find out what attracted them to MyFC and what will it take to keep them enrolled?

People need a safe way to respond to this question. Forums are frightening if you read too many posts.

It is certainly a mystery as to where these people are and whether they even remember they are still part of MyFC, let alone think about renewing. But, we shall see next year I suppose...

Forums are frightening if you read too many posts.

They terrify the life out of me - anyone who says anything just a tad against the grain gets crucified, so most people won't say anything at all - as you say, there must be another way of contacting the members and finding out their mindset...

Originally Posted By: britman

But, there are the "local" EUFC fans who hate anyone that are MyFC supporters, which, in my view is stupid.

Britman, there are a few local EUFC fans who hate MYFC. There are some local fans who have taken the opposite view and joined MYFC and taken part in the running of the organisation. Some are in the middle. Then there are the vast majority of the EUFC long-term supporters who never post on forums and so we have no idea what they think of MYFC. Trying to second guess the views of all the EUFC fans is like trying to second guess why all the MYFC members joined in the first place and whether or not they will renew.

Originally Posted By: britman

But, there are the "local" EUFC fans who hate anyone that are MyFC supporters, which, in my view is stupid.

I quote myself here - I'm a long time 'fleet supporter - coming up to 40 years now - I'm not anti-MyFC at all and the two or three people I hang around with on occasions have a similar view to myself - that shown below...

You have to remember, the buyout of the club came as an awful shock to us; we'd only just got over the change of the club name (which caused a lot of bitterness) and has taken a heck of a lot of getting used to... Being a member of MyFC is something I would never have even considered if they hadn't bought our club - I'm still not a member, but that doesn't mean I want to see it fail; it's just not the thing for me, but if MyFC survives this pending hurdle, I will join to help my club and for no other reason...

We aren't all against MyFC and wanting it to fail - some of us are yes - equally some of us are heart and soul into the MyFC deal, but you can't lump us all together in saying we all want it to fail.

I want our club to succeed - if MyFC is the way that will happen, then I want MyFC.

Originally Posted By: fleetzone
Great posting DNB - yours is the sort of attitude we hope is prevalent throughout MyFC - whatever our feelings are about the organisation, we don't want to see it fail, if only for the level of the damage that would now happen to our club (and I use 'our' to mean both the original supporters and MyFC members). Whatever happens - we are now one and have to pull towards making it a success in whatever form it will take after the turn of the year.

Up the 'fleet!

Originally Posted By: DixieDean
I didn't join to own the club or pick the team.

I joined because we were all invited to make a change in the way football clubs are run....

Dixie Dean,
There are several club models out there right now and none are perfect. To repeat Thomas Edison,

i joined up with myfc recently, i.e paid the 35 pounds.

i joined because I love my football, Ive followed some (!) of the debate on forums about myfc and ebbsfleet and I live in the southeast. Perhaps I will replace one of the people not renewing because they didnt want to buy a non league club in Kent.

perhaps other local nonleague people will join myfc and follow ebbsfleet if only from the desktop, thinking yeah, I'll pop over and watch a game, or the fleet are on the tele, i'll watch.

I was also curious to see what happened when you join. easy to join, friendly enough welcome.

Here's one thing that hasnt happened so far : a message from myfc along the lines

"dear new member,

would you like to buy a ticket for a football match?"

thanks hempstead Gaz.

The non league side I watch (Dorking) would probably look on ebbsfleet players as overpaid etcs!

I look on some of the Dorking players as overpaid namby pambies who earn more in one game than I can spend behind the bar!

when the fixture's allow I'm sure Ill get on the train and enjoy a day out.

Have you played Crawley away yet, that's nearest me?

Originally Posted By: thespursfan

Yeah. Only a couple of weeks ago actually. Bad timing. smile

We beat them 2-1 at Broadfield. Steve Evans was not a happy bunny. His mascara was running and everything.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
thanks hempstead Gaz.

The non league side I watch (Dorking) would probably look on ebbsfleet players as overpaid etcs!

I look on some of the Dorking players as overpaid namby pambies who earn more in one game than I can spend behind the bar!

when the fixture's allow I'm sure Ill get on the train and enjoy a day out.

Have they thrown you out of Dorking then, TSF. You seemed to delight in p!ssing the locals off in the CCL forum? whistle laugh