Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Membership Renewal

Special K

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
Originally Posted By: loosegooner
I think you are probably right, excepting that our CEO chooses what he gets involved with. One moment he contributes to a thread, another he chooses to be annoyed. Convenient.

Who should choose then, Gordon?

Actually, I regret making that initial post. It was out of frustration with my sensing, rightly or wrongly, implications that we're not aware of the issues or doing anything about them. I shouldn't have reacted emotionally.

I'll back off now and focus on the business, I shouldn't have intervened.

Hopefully you will be able to look back at my posts and see that I haven't implied that you are not aware of the issues or criticised your dealing with them or inferred any lack of faith in you.

Yet again though you do choose to "bite" though where no offence was intended and that is a criticism. I do not subscribe to the view that you are "sacred" and off limits when you "choose" to interpret motives and act the wounded soldier.

I expected more honesty from you David.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

Whilst I do have reservations, and remain skeptical over Myfc, I do appreciate the great benefits they have brought to the club.
Ptt has, and always will be the sore point....
My preference is for a watered down compromise, with no ptt.
tegards

MyFC may not be the ideal ownership form for a football team; but I paid my subscription because it is better than the other fan-based groups that I have researched. I agree with HG that ptt is not a good idea. Having 30,000 - or even 5,000, or less - is not a good idea. However, I do believe that MyFC can succeed as an ownership group if it will concentrate on front office activities.

Ownership is best when it concentrates on high level management of a business. Great organizations rely on professional management to succeed. I sit three boards and am comfortable with setting budgets and goals. However, in all three situations there is professional management that handles the daily operations of the business.

I don't get to attend matches at Stonebridge. I can only watch the matches (on the internet) while having my morning coffee. I am happy to follow The Fleet because it represents football at the community level. Gravesend & Northfleet has a long history and I want to participate in a way that won't affect the local fans ability to enjoy his/her club.

Hopefully, enough people will renew to ensure the club can retire its debt and prosper. Wouldn't that be grand.

Great posting DNB - yours is the sort of attitude we hope is prevalent throughout MyFC - whatever our feelings are about the organisation, we don't want to see it fail, if only for the level of the damage that would now happen to our club (and I use 'our' to mean both the original supporters and MyFC members). Whatever happens - we are now one and have to pull towards making it a success in whatever form it will take after the turn of the year.

Up the 'fleet!

I believe this posting is an example of the feeling that many unknown people worldwide have for The Fleet. We know February will be a big test, and the current economic troubles don't help us atall, but uith hard work and goodwill from all concerned, we can give this a good try.

Too much good work has been doen by all concerned over the last 12 months, too many good times have been had, this wont be given up by a lot of us without a fight.

Originally Posted By: dnb294
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

Whilst I do have reservations, and remain skeptical over Myfc, I do appreciate the great benefits they have brought to the club.
Ptt has, and always will be the sore point....
My preference is for a watered down compromise, with no ptt.
tegards

MyFC may not be the ideal ownership form for a football team; but I paid my subscription because it is better than the other fan-based groups that I have researched. I agree with HG that ptt is not a good idea. Having 30,000 - or even 5,000, or less - is not a good idea. However, I do believe that MyFC can succeed as an ownership group if it will concentrate on front office activities.

Ownership is best when it concentrates on high level management of a business. Great organizations rely on professional management to succeed. I sit three boards and am comfortable with setting budgets and goals. However, in all three situations there is professional management that handles the daily operations of the business.

I don't get to attend matches at Stonebridge. I can only watch the matches (on the internet) while having my morning coffee. I am happy to follow The Fleet because it represents football at the community level. Gravesend & Northfleet has a long history and I want to participate in a way that won't affect the local fans ability to enjoy his/her club.

Hopefully, enough people will renew to ensure the club can retire its debt and prosper. Wouldn't that be grand.

Great post. It's how it should be.

Yes,that is certainly a dreamscenario from EUFCs point of view,however that is all it is...and I do think most people realise this.

Again,if you step away from your EUFC perspective,the fans perspective..and try to look at MyFC from the outsiders(members and new members) point of view..what is there to make him/her pay 35 quids?

Own the club-pick the team..in a very small and very simplified nutshell.This is also the reason why the organisation STILL uses this slogan despite the fact that it hasn

Originally Posted By: Claudius
....Again,if you step away from your EUFC perspective,the fans perspective..and try to look at MyFC from the outsiders(members and new members) point of view..what is there to make him/her pay 35 quids?

Own the club-pick the team..in a very small and very simplified nutshell.This is also the reason why the organisation STILL uses this slogan despite the fact that it hasn

I didn't join to own the club or pick the team.

I joined because we were all invited to make a change in the way football clubs are run. Yet the first thing MyFC did was secretly negotiate a deal with Nike (who incidentally appear to be voting with their feet).

I still look out for the Fleet results but I'm not really engaged anymore - lucky really because I'm banned from the site.

Somebody doesn't like the company I keep

Originally Posted By: dnb294
Originally Posted By: Claudius
....Again,if you step away from your EUFC perspective,the fans perspective..and try to look at MyFC from the outsiders(members and new members) point of view..what is there to make him/her pay 35 quids?

Originally Posted By: DixieDean
I didn't join to own the club or pick the team.

I joined because we were all invited to make a change in the way football clubs are run....

Dixie Dean,
There are several club models out there right now and none are perfect. To repeat Thomas Edison,