Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Membership Renewal

Special K

most people lost interest in renewing as soon as they realised that they would not be buying a team north of watford. Also a lot of people were annoyed that the team was not called Leeds United, or were not in any tier of the football league.

Ebbsfleet are my team, and that is why I paid in, and will pay in this year as this is MY club.

I am not saying that MYFC has been a bad thing, good things have come from this partnership, but the sticking point of Pick The Team drew the biggest issues when we went to Wembley, which rightly was left to the man who got us there.

If you want to pick the team, then logon and use your vote, rather than moaning!

I hope we can go forward, and I will one will be renewing.

FLEET FOR LIFE!!!

Statistically, 20,000 from 29,000 is pretty near impossible.

What exactly did you all get for your 35 quid ?

I don't think everyone who joined has felt that they have gotten everything out of being part of MyFC that they thought they would. That aside though I can't think that there are any who want EUFC to fail / suffer / go part-time etc.

No one will ever really care as much for EUFC as much as the "real" Fleet Fans (well maybe some but not enough).

Its a shame there doesn't seem to be enough Fleet Fans who would want to "own" EUFC through MyFC as it is pretty much set up now in the way you might want it run. Manager (Liam) in charge of the team and a CEO making what I see as traditional business decisions for the club. You could choose what level of involvement you wanted outside of that.

Anyway, maybe in time EUFC might go back to being individually or small group owned and the club can keep its league position and full time playing status but since the gate receipts and income doesn't match outgoings the owners will need to be prepared to do it at a loss, for the pleasure or commitment. Is that pretty much what Non League club owners do?

One thing for now though. MyFC only own 75% of EUFC and didn't purchase any of the other "assets" or revenue generating parts of the orginal club (i.e. Fleet Leisure). Would the other shareholders (Fleet Trust and others making up the remaining 25%) be prepared to share in making up the losses? Taking up their share of the debt burden?

Mrs YF is now signed up for year 2, and I am in for 3 years. I know its human nature to leave thing to the last minute, but I wish people who are committed to making this work, could sign up early, you dont lose any membership time, the year just gets added onto your membership. Over 2,500 in for year 2 so far. Doesn't sound much if that the angle people want to put on it, but I bet the CEO would like that many at a Fleet match ! .

Early renenewal has to make sence in the financial planning for The Fleet.

http://members.myfootballclub.co.uk/renew

Good luck tomorrow.

MyFC may "only" own 75% of the issued share capital of EUFC, but they do own 100% of the "A" shares. The Fleet Trust and other existing shareholders not only had their existing shares diluted but were issued with "B" shares carrying fewer rights. So the idea of such shareholders having the same liability is a bit rich! A bit like having your cake and eating it!

Originally Posted By: kmj
MyFC may "only" own 75% of the issued share capital of EUFC, but they do own 100% of the "A" shares. The Fleet Trust and other existing shareholders not only had their existing shares diluted but were issued with "B" shares carrying fewer rights. So the idea of such shareholders having the same liability is a bit rich! A bit like having your cake and eating it!

Well I didn't suggest that they shared the same liability, just that they shared an "interest" and therefore a joint concern, possibly. While not owning voting shares the holders of the "B" shares hold the power of veto over any decisions, it is worded as loosly as that.

Now, having your cake and eat it is something I'd attribute more easily to the "B" share holders since they can choose what to put in to saving their club, or not. grin

Originally Posted By: loosegooner

Now, having your cake and eat it is something I'd attribute more easily to the "B" share holders since they can choose what to put in to saving their club, or not. grin

Should it not be "Having your cake, paying for it, then letting someone else eat it" when describing the "B" share-holders?