Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

forrest green

razzlered

I'll take any goal at the moment Stu.

I cannot believe how inconsistent the Fleet have been this season.

Great against Torquay away, rubbish at home.

Great against FGR away, rubbish at home.

Rubbish at Cambridge, at home to Histon and away at Burton.

I wish we could play Satanage and Barra every week.

I am starting to worry about our current on field situation. :-(

I don't usually come on here to rant after a poor performance but last nights display was inept from the Manager downwards.

Probably for the first time I questioned whether Liam has taken us as far as he can and if it is time to get in someone else who can give us a shot at the play-offs and beyond.

The same thing happened with Andy Ford - great Manager for us at the time but eventually he recognised that he could do no more and walked away with dignity.

Liam has transformed the Club from part-timers grateful to avoid relegation to full-time league contenders and FA Trophy winners.

Maybe thats enough for his time at the Club and we should now look to build on his foundations with a new man.

I am thinking along those lines too, Trev. Many of those around me were as well. The club probably cannot afford to sack him, but he and AK (I think) are out of contract at the end of the season.

Then would be the time to re-evaluate whether the club wish to continue with them, and keep 21 full time professional, or go part time or a mixture of both.

My preferred option would be the latter.

Keep the best 10 or so full time, add a couple more, then recruit the remainder of the squad as part timers made up from local and PASE players.

I certainly wouldn't keep the number of managers/coaches we have at the club at present - especially if what I was hearing last night was true that the players only train and practice for 11 hours per week + match days.

Should the board (or MYFC) decide not to re-engage Liam and Alan,my personal preference for a new man would be Tommy Warrilow, an articulate and intelligent man - respected still at Fleet from his playing days, and now an impressive highly thought of local manager, both with the players and the media.

Hopefully few, if any, will see this as simply an anti Liam rant. I have tried to be objective and keep a balanced view on things, even through the disapppointment of last night.

It WAS difficult watching Jim Harvey making tactical substitutions, both in midfield and attack, in the second half even when winning 1-0. No obvious thoughts on hanging on for a draw.

Therin lies the difference.

Liam is rapidly losing the support and patience of the crowd, and there are mounting rumours that he is losing the support from within the dressing room.

After a great end to the season, with a trip to wembley, we all went home and allowed ourselves to dream that this season was going to be the year we made the playoffs. I myself, it will be the season where we try to avoid relegation.

This will still not stop me going to the games, but does question if the fans are more loyal to the team than the players and management.

It is almost as daish is saying " I dont give a toss now, I'm off to Oxford after christmas"

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
That is an admission by Liam that, despite having a record playing playing budget, he hasn't signed good enough players, and those he already has, has been unable to get the best out of.
Time for a change?

I did not read it that way, He stated they were poor in the final third, not all over the pitch.

Except a lot of the players who play in the final third, namely Gash, Delicate, Shakes, Stone and Ibe are recent Liam signings, none of whom are consistently better the players they replaced.

The best looking combination recently, Moore, behind Ibe and Purcell against Stevenage looked lively and dangerous.

Then was changed to allow the undroppable Gash back into the team.

I Thought the Fleets ball control was horrendous last night, they could not control the ball, basically the midfield were terrible along with most of the attacking players.Some were worse than others, but I don't like to criticise individual players. Did we work there goal keeper at all? I do not remember him having to put in a proper dive to save anything we could muster.

All well and good mentioning replacing Daish, but seriously - I dont see there being a huge queue of quality managers rushing to take up the job. The club is in a very uncertain financial future, with rumours of cost-cutting, switching to part-time etc being mentioned here and probably over on MyFC as well.

If Daish decides he wants to leave then fair play but I think sacking him is probably the worst move for us right now for reasons that Patman has just listed.

I still have faith in Daish and I think he has made a few wrong choices with his recent signings but it doesn't make him a bad manager. The players are the ones on the pitch doing the business at the end of the day.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
If Daish decides he wants to leave then fair play but I think sacking him is probably the worst move for us right now for reasons that Patman has just listed.

I still have faith in Daish and I think he has made a few wrong choices with his recent signings but it doesn't make him a bad manager. The players are the ones on the pitch doing the business at the end of the day.

That doesn't make him a good manager! If he brought these players in to do a specific job they are not capable of doing, that is his fault!

I always judge a good manager by a number of criteria and circumstances.

Have they come in and turned around a poor performing side?

Have they had a side performing well hit a poor patch and turned it round fairly quickly?

Have they brought in players whom mostly have improved the side?

How much do they blame their squad when things are not going well?

Is the dressing room still with them in times of trouble?

I will let you all do your own answers as to where Liam rates on the above.

Just one other thought: Did the FA Trophy run paper over the cracks of last season?