Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Darter

There's always information.....

.... and then again, theres DIS-information.

It's all a Governnment plot, I say !

AFF,having experience of those very same moderators over the past year, i can confirm they just don't do Fair and impartial

Having got away with not explaining why people were blocked they are into phase two already and i find this comment from V extremly worrying.

Maybe a liberal moderating style, coupled with a quiet review of offending posters' posting records if they accumulate a number of complaints?

Quiet review? Its turning into the MYFC forum mark two!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Interestingly enough(yawn), the Admin on the new site are asking what sort of Moderation should be used on it!
Surely that should have been sorted out before the site went live!
How about Fair and Impartial(Why am I going blue in the face?)!

Who's version of "Fair & Impartial" do you want?
DD rightly raised the issue of threads wandering 'off-topic', and people have given their opinions - rather than leaving it up to the moderators to decide. Something to do with MyFC, and "Wisdom of The Masses" maybe?

Seeing(and somebody already mentioned this) there is only a Football section, it will be nigh impossible to keep all threads "on topic" and keep the forum interesting enough!

Moderators shouldn't just act when people disagree with them(or their friends) and then get abusive, or allow abusive attacks!

Too many times here people were abusively attacked, then when they retaliated, they were the people who were admonished!

The new Forum should(I know it won't, hence my blue in the face remark) be fair and impartial from MyFC, they already have their "control freak" website!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Interestingly enough(yawn), the Admin on the new site are asking what sort of Moderation should be used on it!
Surely that should have been sorted out before the site went live!
How about Fair and Impartial(Why am I going blue in the face?)!

Who's version of "Fair & Impartial" do you want?
DD rightly raised the issue of threads wandering 'off-topic', and people have given their opinions - rather than leaving it up to the moderators to decide. Something to do with MyFC, and "Wisdom of The Masses" maybe?

I seem to remember, you and I( and a few others) were worried about a MyFC controlled website taking over. It seems you have changed your mind and it has happened!

I seem to remember, you and I( and a few others) were worried about a MyFC controlled website taking over. It seems you have changed your mind and it has happened!

How has it 'taken over'? Its an alternative to here, nothing more - nothing less.

Its been quite handy, IMHO as the official forum tends to stick to football and related matters, while this site is good for the usual trolls, arguments, WUMs, and assorted stuff that make more 'general' forums work.

I will reserve judgement on moderation of the site until something very anti-MyFC (or anti anything EUFC) happens. So far everyone has played nicely, so no problems.

I think if you look, a lot of the threads are not about Football(games on the pitch)

Thats a good thing, surely?

If that is all we are going to be allowed to talk about,and games are called off, then it is going to be a quiet boring forum!

But its not, I haven't heard anyone complain about banned topics (yet!!), but until this happens whats the problem?

In my opinion, it's OK to go off topic a bit as long as it's connected somehow to the topic and the discussion is still able to go back on course. That is only natural when people are discussing a topic, for things to go off on a tagent and there is nothing wrong with that.

What shouldn't happen though is people having their own personal conversations within a thread that nobody else reading can relate to or comment on. "Hi *insert name*, how are you?" being an example. I know that's blatantly referring to one of Darter's posts and sorry, not intending to attack, but unfortunately it was just a good example of what shouldn't be encouraged.

Best not complain until actual problems arise eh!

Originally Posted By: billy nick
HG, its the EUFC fans forum i feel it should be moderated by Ebbsfleet fans! People like yourself who can see both sides of the argument.
The MYFC web team have a record of showing contempt to the membership, and i feel its unhealthy to have paid employee's of MYFC as moderators of an Ebbsfleet fans forum as they clearly have issues with members from the other site.

I would take the job on board, as I have both the interest in a decent Fleet forum, and I have the time availablility to do the job.
Since I have never been officially asked, nor will be, it just won't happen.
Someone would need to put my name forward to Mr Davis.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
In my opinion, it's OK to go off topic a bit as long as it's connected somehow to the topic and the discussion is still able to go back on course. That is only natural when people are discussing a topic, for things to go off on a tagent and there is nothing wrong with that.

What shouldn't happen though is people having their own personal conversations within a thread that nobody else reading can relate to or comment on. "Hi *insert name*, how are you?" being an example. I know that's blatantly referring to one of Darter's posts and sorry, not intending to attack, but unfortunately it was just a good example of what shouldn't be encouraged.

Best not complain until actual problems arise eh!

I think that was aimed at me, and I didn't reply.I agree with that, maybe the Club should try a Chat Room, but if it is like the ones that have been tried here, they won't work!

Actually Blanc(as he calls himself there) doesn't want an off topic part of the forum, I disagree!