Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Darter

I have posted a few times on the new forum. I was interested to see that my posts never showed up as the latest post on a thread in the forum index, even when they were the most recent. I asked the admins why that was and got no reply. So I forgot all about it. Then recently, Hempstead Gaz said I should join the new forum - I was surprised, as I had already been posting there.

Today, I find (and I am not the only one) that my posts are only visible to me. Other people banned from MyFC are experiencing the same phenomenon.

To the CEO, David Davis - I am disgusted by this. This is a sly and deceitful ploy. If you wanted to ban people before they had even posted, be upfront about it. I even exchanged PM's with you on that forum in a friendly way, as we have before. I have counted you as a friend in the past. Whatever has it come to that you are operating in this disgraceful way???

No, he isn't the admin Hannah, but he has put his name to the forum. I'd expect him to know what is being done there. If it's not his doing, he needs to sort it out - or he is being made to look a fool as well, isn't he?

All my "disappeared" posts have been civil and non-controversial, by the way. Two other banned MyFC members have had the same happen to them.

I wonder whether you have been banned from the start, or your forum settings are wrong Sal. I know there were a few registration problems initially, so whilst liyou may have cause for concern over a conspiracy against freeMYFC members, there could of course be an innocent and rational explanation. I will endeavour to find out.

This comes as no surprise at all, the new website was set up by the Web Team from MYFC whose MO was censorship and deceit.

The worrying thing for fleet fans is if things take a turn for the worse your views will be censored as well.

I remember when similar things like this happened on MYFC, we were jumped on and accused of being conspiracy theorists.

All is not well over at MYFC and its plainly obvious that control is being excercised on the new forum. I have no wish to post on there but the tricks they are already playing is very worrying.

Lots of points here, Billy. You and I disagree about plenty of things, we simply see things from different ends of the spectrum, but we debate healthily, and we are free to debate it on here, and on the Official forum.

Lord knows I have berated Liam on the new forum enough of late to incur the wrath of the powers that be, but never once have I been admonished.

I don't hold with the conspiricy theory. I haven't seen any obvious signs of censorship on the new forum, no posts or threads to my knowledge have been edited or deleted, and as far as I can tell only Darter has a problem posting (but not pm'ing) which suggests to me that there is a fault in her settings rather than a posting ban. If she were banned, surely that would include private messages?

I have seen absolutely no evidence on the new forum that there are deceitful tricks being played by Will, DD or anybody.

There is also no evidence that MYFC are influencing the forum.

Nobody can show such evidence.

If things do take a turn for the worse, then MYFC will pull out/sell/disassocite from Fleet/find another club to do business.

This won't neccessarily leave the Fleet a worse club, but possibly one that budgets accordingly, which if that means part time - then so be it.

The club will remain, of that there is no doubt.

Finances are hard for all clubs at the moment. The golden days of full time conference clubs are coming to an end, and the reality is that it is possible to flourish as a part time team.

Clearly a new stadium with associated facilities to bring in income are desparately needed.

Until that time, we must tread carefully and prudently.

Gaz, we do debate in a healthy way, as does Darter but its not just her that has had her posts censored, two other people are seeing the same thing happen. Their posts are viewable to them but not to others on the forum, a clever but deceitful ploy.

As for MYFC well thats dead in my opinion, they had plenty of time to engage the membership that was sold "own the club PTT" the fact remains its still the selling point. I'm not bothered about PTT myself but thats what was sold and im more that sure there will be a big PR stunt before the renewal date, whats the betting it will be the chance to PTT?

What concerns many members is the financials of the whole deal, long before any fleet fans signed up a Due dilegence report on Ebbsfleet would have been made. As so called owners we never get any financial information its all held back. But the club was

The art of censorship and the suppression of free-speech lives on, elsewhere at least.

The rattling of chains - The jangling of keys !!!!

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
I wonder whether you have been banned from the start, or your forum settings are wrong Sal. I know there were a few registration problems initially, so whilst liyou may have cause for concern over a conspiracy against freeMYFC members, there could of course be an innocent and rational explanation. I will endeavour to find out.

My first couple of posts worked, but then recently my posts did not show up over their. No notice, no email, nothing.

The same happened to me, my "hello" post remained and others could see it.

The reason we are still able to PM, Gaz, is that it then looks to all intents and purposes that we are NOT banned. This is a clever ploy by the MyFC WT (in my opinion) to try to trick us, as there is no reason to ban us from the EUFC forum and they would not have the powers to do that. I would not have realised that my posts were only visible to me if I hadn't drawn attention to one of them over on freemyfc.com. I would have kept posting and wondering why I never got any response - but that would have been it. I understand from our freemyfc technical guys that this type of scam is quite possible to achieve if you know what to do with the coding.

When we discovered that MY posts couldn't be seen, the other members tried it out as well. Two other people found the same problem - and lo and behold, we are the three people that the WT really hate. David has to sort his backroom boys out, they are loose cannons and will discredit the forum.