Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Darter

We are all different, I am certainly not anti-MyFC and was one of the strongest supporters of the Society for a long time, even after I was banned from the website last August for being too friendly with people whom Will Brooks fears. As for the Fleet, I put money into the club, I travelled down from Lancashire on numerous occasions last season to watch the Fleet at home and away. I went to Wembley and loved every minute of it - I was so thrilled when we won.

However, it has been hard to remain positive about the club (and MyFC is a different matter completely) when I am always being told that my support isn't really sincere or welcome. The reason most MyFCers didn't post here at the beginning is that they were reluctant to enter the lion's den. It is a hard place to post when you are not one of the band of brothers. The people who come on here and argue with you long-standing fans on this forum are not trying to score points. We have all been through the mill, I can assure you. However, some people on here have been consistently supportive and reasoned in their debate, like Gaz and Les, and that has been really good.

I wanted to build bridges, I was shouted down a year ago on MyFC for making that suggestion. I wanted you to be able to read the MyFC forum, but I was in a minority and most disagreed with me.

I have always known that this would only work if there was a coming-together of old and new supporters. God knows what the future is now for the club, but I can tell you that MyFC is falling apart. The only thing that matters now is making sure the club doesn't go down with it. I really wish you all well, I know how much it means to you.

Jeff, we have had to leave the Edgware name behind as we couldn't find a ground which was near enough to make it viable with the FA etc. We will now be playing as Southill Alexander FC and have secured a groundshare, but just waiting for final written confirmation from that club. Then I'll be going public on it! We have made an initial application to the SSML for next season.

Darter - I understand why new MyFCers were scared to come here but there's no way you could have expected any of the original fans to have welcomed all the new so called "fans" with open arms, especially at the beginning. Now a lot of them are actual fans and are very welcome here.

Hmm, I don't think I actually did that Hannah - I am quite a seasoned forum poster and I was particularly careful here as I had been warned that it was a hostile environment. Still, from your point of view I wasn't careful enough, so sorry about that.

However, there has been a tendency on here to lump us all together - one poster comes on and stirs it up a bit, and suddenly we are all classed as troublemakers.

The reason the first memebrs of MyFC were given such a rough ride was they came here boasting about how they were the saviours of the Club!

Then there was Lord Haw Haw, who came on here blanket posting the 'Word of Willie' morning noon and night.

Once things settled down and the true Football fans emerged, they were treated with the same respect they showed the 'Locals'!

Jeff, there were no suitable grounds near enough to Edgware, that was the problem. And it's important to engage the local community, as you know!

As for mascots ... Alexander was a local bishop, and we will be playing in all-purple (I was outvoted, lol), so you could do an ecclesiastical thing Stu grin