Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Hi Harry. Why would I want to "get my hands on" EUFC? I am a 50-year-old academic manager living in the north of England .... er .... doesn't really add up!!

And on here as in life, we have to exist side-by-side with all sorts of different people. I have often supported you on MyFC (which you have conveniently forgotten) and I am saddened that you feel the need to come on here with personal attacks on me.

Originally Posted By: Bernard
Similar to certain 'personal attacks' on Chris Pilkington?

I don't know, there have never been any personal attacks made on Chris. And if you have read previous posts of mine on here, I have posted that I apologise to him if anything I said about his work as a Board member on MyFC hurt his feelings. He has never actually said that his feelings were hurt and has posted very robustly on there in his own defence - but I have apologised anyway. I think if you read Harry's offerings, he does not talk in general terms - he makes personal gibes.
I'm not bothered about it, BTW. He's a young man and he sees it differently to me.

Originally Posted By: Darter
Originally Posted By: Special Juan
The sooner this thread is locked and trashed the better

Why?

This is why.

Anyway, I'm back off to work again so will see you all later. Bye!

So ... back to building bridges ... has anyone anything to say about London Bridge? Is it REALLY falling down??

Well, I'm off to bed - thanks for the laugh, night to all, see you tomorrow x

Originally Posted By: Special Juan
The sooner this thread is locked and trashed the better

thats a pretty subjective comment juan and merely your opinion which is important of course but so is everyone else's....there are a lot of irrelevant threads on all forums and it would be a sad old world if they were all taken off just because one person or (a few in this case) didn't like them....by contrast many do like this thread and post happily on it....no one has come to any harm (albeit a little skirmish last evening) for which I apologise to harry for as I was a little harsh but he also in turn was perhaps a little short with darter....(she did apologise to chris as well bernard)

anyway..here's the bottom line....gaz started the thread and was and is proud of its rapid ascent almost to the top of the all time numero uno threads of this forum....we (we being a few guests and regulars) have lightheartedly helped it on its way and no harm or malicious intent was intended nor can be witnesed in any of the posts...in fact some of the passages are quite funny in a zany sort of way....grin

This thread does have a purpose that has something to do with the club. It is about building bridges between MyFC members and pre MyFC Fleet fans. It is no secret that both sets of people have had their differences. That is where this thread comes in so that both sets of people can talk to each other without verbally tearing each other throats out. Well that is what I think this thread is all about.

And if we are going to have people talking about random things we might aswell have it all in one thread.

there are no enemies or friends harry...just people from all walks of life entangled in an adventure that is new..unknown..and internet driven...the very nature of the beast will therefore throw up a diverse and universal opinion which leads inevitably to disagreements and differences of opinion on matters related to what is now a football club ostensibly 'owned' by 30,000 people....most of whom know nowt about football let alone non league football with all its fierce loyalties..tribal roots and prejudices...

there is an old saying in football that in a crowd of 100,000 no two fans will ever agree on anything related to their team....this is just the modern day IT version of that old flat cap philosophy..grin

'tis indeed a tale of darkness.. a tale of wizzards and serpents...witches..gnomes..jesters..and fairytale castles.. of white winged horses..of kings and queens and bold warriors...a tale of mystery and beguilement..of derring do..of jousting and as always for the box office..of damsels in distress..a little old fairy story with all its normal heroes and villains..!!

enjoy...smile

Originally Posted By: Special K
This thread does have a purpose that has something to do with the club. It is about building bridges between MyFC members and pre MyFC Fleet fans. It is no secret that both sets of people have had their differences. That is where this thread comes in so that both sets of people can talk to each other without verbally tearing each other throats out. Well that is what I think this thread is all about.

And if we are going to have people talking about random things we might aswell have it all in one thread.

This is exactly it. And Harry, there are no enemies. Well, not as far as I see it, anyway.

Originally Posted By: Jeff

It's not very exciting though.

this is true jeff...nowhere near as exciting as those early days last autumn of savaging wanchai and taking the pi55 out of clowntown....!

almost boring in fact and therefore most surprising that so many people bother to come on here...grin

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
So this is a chat thread?

That's new.

As Hempstead Gaz started all this frivolity(cough cough), I think we should turn it into let's slag off Gazza thread...........That could get very exiting! whistle evil

PS. We could include the Medway Bridge then!

I thought all threads on here ended up slagging off Gary??? happybouncer

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

this is true jeff...nowhere near as exciting as those early days last autumn of savaging wanchai and taking the pi55 out of clowntown....!

almost boring in fact and therefore most surprising that so many people bother to come on here...grin

Yes, i wonder why they come??? Hmmmmm .....