Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: Darter
I think we have to keep the debate going about openness.

surely there shouldn't be a debate...MyFc is supposed to be a democratic fans society for all.....therefore open to all ...glasnost I believe...grin

perhaps it has another agenda....!!

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I think we have to keep the debate going about openness.

surely there shouldn't be a debate...MyFc is supposed to be a democratic fans society for all.....therefore open to all ...glasnost I believe...grin

perhaps it has another agenda....!!

The argument from the Operator will always be "the information is for those who have joined and paid their subscription". A lot of members agree with that and if people want to join the MyFC community on a permanent basis, then of course they have to join up. However, Keith/yorkfox has shown how useful it is to share topical information and for some very specific things, I believe it isn't in our interests NOT to share with this forum. I await my response, as you know .....

I believe it isn't in our interests NOT to share with this forum. I await my response, as you know .....

who is represented by our and who is represented by this forum...?

you see it concerns me that the true long standing ebbs guys and gals have no rights unless they join moonie HQ and in that respect their democratic wish not to (should that be the case) is being abused...they are in fact being victimised and isolated due to their beliefs.....

thats what this thread is all about and its hardly working is it...?

most worrying...!

anyway I digress...I appreciate that you have asked permission dartsy to post this information on here but worry not...I shall do so in the morrow and I do not need permission....not that it really matters a jot as having read some of it its mainly nonsense anyway with all the usual unaudited disclaimers slung around for good measure...

its also on the crawley forum...grin

I believe it isn't in our interests NOT to share with this forum. I await my response, as you know .....

who is represented by our and who is represented by this forum...?

most worrying...

anyway I digress...I appreciate that you have asked permission dartsy to post this information on here but worry not...I shall do so in the morrowand I do not need permission....not that it really matters a jot as having read some of it its mainly nonsense anyway with all the usual unaudited disclaimers slung around for good measure...

its also on the crawley forum...:grin:

............And probably all the other Blue Sqaure ForumS before an official announcement by MYfc/Ebbsfleet. I fully understand the need to keep finances close to the vest.............But when supporters of all the other Clubs are "So called Owners", it is never going to happen...........Another reason why I won't join the "moonies"!
Wait until the PTT goes the same way and the opposition know the team days in advance!
Before Lord Haw Haw, or one of his stand ins say it can't happen..........B@LLOCKS!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
And probably all the other Blue Sqaure ForumS before an official announcement by MYfc/Ebbsfleet. [/b]!

I'll guarantee that its on at least half a dozen forums before I get it on here tomorrow les...

you have to larf do you not...smile

Well, it's helpful to just highlight these issues between ourselves, in my opinion. I am enjoying the discussion with this much smaller group of long-standing fans on here.

I can see your argument Unc about people being unable to get information unless they join MyFC. I would like to see more long-standing fans join MyFC - as you know, there's a wide range of views amongst MyFC members and I would expect some original Fleet fans to be more radical than some of the MyFCers.

they are in fact being victimised and isolated due to their beliefs.....

This so so true.

Long standing non interweb fans are feeling more isolated then ever before. This is not a political game , it is not Football manager , these are real people who watch real football and will be there in 10 years time whne MYFC may well not.

I addressed this to Will and got the usual tosh of an answer. My

I rather think RVS was being tongue in cheek Darter whistle

I quite like the turn this building bridges is taking. It's getting to the nitty gritty now. myfc seems to be a drawbrige, you pay your money then the bridge is pulled up behind you to keep the lesser mortals out...

Originally Posted By: Bitch
myfc seems to be a drawbrige, you pay your money then the bridge is pulled up behind you to keep the lesser mortals out...

I tend to agree more and more with what you're saying. Although an active member on the myfc forums, I am less inclined to venture into the myfc on-topic forums because of all the bickering and put downs by the elite. I have met (both via t'internet and personally) a committed set of individuals who have the interests of the club at heart but also the original 'supposed' democratic ethos of myfc at heart (e.g. Darter, Yorkfox, rsheard, FNEX, Chelseaspencer etc etc). Also am impressed by the passion that everyone on here shows for the club which also is reflected when you meet fans at games. In my own way, I have tried to post and update on here about what's happening on the myfc forums but I am finding that this forum is becoming more of a blessed relief and somewhere to enjoy proper uncensored debate! (Apart from UU of course who is a litigious old bugger who will no doubt sue the [****!!****] off me just for saying that!).

duel

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Can someone lock this thread as I fail to see what smilies have to do with a serious post on how to build bridges.

Maybe you should go and read the two or three happy birthday threads then
and ask for them to be closed to. My god is your name Victor Meldrew ?

Keep it alive, that is what I say.

The whole edict of this (rather long) thread is to build a relationship between "them" and "us".

It does appear to be working, at least a little bit.

For that reason alone is worth keeping it going.

My initial hope that MYFC would allow access to their forum was wildly optomistic, judging by comments on here about it it seems a place best avoided, infested by antagonists, moderated by paranoid dictators.

Is it any wonder the more sensible MYFC members prefer to post on here.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

The whole edict of this (rather long) thread is to build a relationship between "them" and "us".

If "them" is Darter, the world and his wife and a barrel-load of Urchins and "us" is AFF and BustaGut, then possibly...

Bah humbug.