Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
This whole thread is off topic

there are many threads off topic chris on this and all FF forums....it did cross my mind of course that sooner or later someone would try to find a way to abuse it and then hope that a moderator would lock it or delete it....but then I thought....nah....no one is small minded enough to do that...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

there are many threads off topic chris on this and all FF forums....it did cross my mind of course that sooner or later someone would try to find a way to abuse it and then hope that a moderator would lock it or delete it....but then I thought....nah....no one is small minded enough to do that...

Ok then, back on topic......Gravesend and Northfleet used to have a player, later manager called Jackie Bridge!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Ok then, back on topic......Gravesend and Northfleet used to have a player, later manager called Jackie Bridge!

Ah, but that's not on Topic. This thread was started to find out the viability of allowing non MyFC members to view the MyFC forums

It's not about abuse. If there was a load of abuse going on I'd just delete the posts.

But, as PatMan said above, there are more suitable places for a thread like this.

I'm sorry chris but the posts from harry were abusive (IMO) but thats for you to deal with...obviously you decided that they were not abusive so you left them....I am sure that had it been a visitor to these shores then you would have taken an equally lenient view....the people being abused of course were MyFc members so a little against the flow of the thread perhaps...?

as for more suitable places....I think not...it was started by a long standing fleet fan of impeccable references and has continued apace in mostly the same vein...apart from a few abusive posts which were uncalled for and very much off topic...

it is of course getting a little near to being the number one thread of all time on here is it not...grin

as for more suitable places....I think not...it was started by a long standing fleet fan of impeccable references and has continued apace in mostly the same vein...apart from a few abusive posts which were uncalled for and very much off topic...

How has it carried on in the same vein??

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Whilst there is a feelgood factor about Fleet at the moment, there is still an underlying suspicion about the whole MYFC thing from old and cynical supporters such as myself.
I would like nothing better than to fully accept everything that MYFC does and stands for. I'm not sure that will happen all the time the PTT thing hangs over the club - no doubt the apathy of most of the voters will dictate whether or not it will continue.
One thing that would go a long way to building the bridges between us would be to make the MYFC forum viewable to Fleet fans. I agree we should not be able to post there, nor would I be too fussed about the whole world viewing it - but it would give the Fleet regulars who are non members an insight into the general mindset of those that regularly post there.

Not sure how it could be done - poosibly an admin from this forum could supply names and details for MYFC verification from those on here who have posted - say 250 posts or more times.

Who knows, it might even persuade many of us they are actually just like us and join up.

Food for thought?

Originally Posted By: Darter
Won't waste my breath then - need something a little nippier, perhaps ...

what the fck has all this to do with bridges....grin

Originally Posted By: Howezy
Urgh... i can hear Bridgette Jones Diary on downstairs...

Originally Posted By: Darter
Yozza - tartric sex? Is that confined to the looser-living parts of Liverpool??

Originally Posted By: Vlad The Impaler
Evening Ladies,Virgins or not.Who wants to come play with the Vlad.I am very good with my mouth and teeth,i like a nibble.

Lets take a perfectly sensible thread and hijack it with any nonsense that contains the word bridge?

why cant you moderate like this on the MyFC forums?

You're right, maybe I should.

apart from harrys little outburst and pat's indignation at being cast as chief brooks there is little if anything in this thread to concern anyone let alone a moderator.....it appears quite clear to me that there are a couple of posters here who would wish the thread to be deleted and have deliberately set out to antagonise matters to achieve that end...

that would be a shame and one would trust and hope that the moderators of this forum can see through such an agenda...

i do... but then someone always PM me moaning about something and then i spend the next 30 mins explaining why unitl they log off and when i look back 40 other people have done the same thing

Well, this is something that the forum team needs to address with the web team to ensure it does not kepp happening.

I presume that you have taken this up with them following on from the PM's that you you always receive?