Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz

The whole edict of this (rather long) thread is to build a relationship between "them" and "us".

If "them" is Darter, the world and his wife and a barrel-load of Urchins and "us" is AFF and BustaGut, then possibly...

Bah humbug.

Same thoughts here.

Its ok smiling at people , but the underlying issue is that the regular long term support is not involved in anything. No one has asked their opinions or kept them informed.

These are the people who kept the club going through the poor times (long before I arrived on the scene) and are now seeing and feeling themselves being alienated and almost ostracized by the new regime.

Clubs will change there ways over the years. Some will stay the way they have always been ,but no club has the divine right to participate in any level of football and no club has any right to discard there past history and fan base.

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Its ok smiling at people , but the underlying issue is that the regular long term support is not involved in anything. No one has asked their opinions or kept them informed.

These are the people who kept the club going through the poor times (long before I arrived on the scene) and are now seeing and feeling themselves being alienated and almost ostracized by the new regime.

Clubs will change there ways over the years. Some will stay the way they have always been ,but no club has the divine right to participate in any level of football and no club has any right to discard there past history and fan base.

I've recently become more of a "lurker" on this forum, mainly because I do want to understand the point of view of the fans. I would class myself as a supporter and not a fan like yourself so I apologise upfront if I annoy anyone by posting on here.

Perhaps this thread is a tentative step towards opening up the lines of communication more (even if sometimes in a lighthearted way) and finding ways of hearing the true fan's opinion. Maybe it won't work but i think quite a few have shown that they'd like it to.

How can MyFC or it's members (we aren't owners) do better in listening to the fans. I know you have paid your

Originally Posted By: Loosey

As I said, I apologise to those who would prefer not to have interlopers on your forum but as I said I am a "supporter", some of you know me not just from posting on the MyFC site which isn't "real" in the same sense as this site is, but also in person and I am very keen to "support" EUFC in every sense of the word.

Now you see, this single post from a MyFC member goes more to building bridges than 150 sh!te posts that cause a barney!

Originally Posted By: fleetzone
Loosey, you have no need to apologise - you post is well constructed, well thought out and in my eyes, a good question. Please post more often!

Here here applause People like you (Loosey )are making it more interesting. Though the 'i havent got an original thought of my own' brigade will probably keep posting to say how they dont like this thread but read it over and over avidly grin

Loosey, you have no need to apologise - you post is well constructed, well thought out and in my eyes, a good question. Please post more often!

Thanks for that but I don't think you need too many of us over here disrupting the flow of your thoughts. Hopefully there are a few MyFC members (YorkFox, rsheard, Darter - who is a pal and others) who have more valuable insights then mine and can hopefully demonstrate that the vast majority or at least some would like to share the common goal of supporting EUFC. Maybe I will pipe up ocassionally but this is your forum and I can't say I'm truly one of you until I can call myself a true fan in my own eyes. For now I'm just a supporter.

Don't consider it a disruption of our thoughts - we're all in this together now, we all need to be getting our thoughts together, no matter what 'side' we are on for the greater good of the club.

Originally Posted By: Bitch

Here here applause People like you (Loosey )are making it more interesting. Though the 'i havent got an original thought of my own' brigade will probably keep posting to say how they dont like this thread but read it over and over avidly grin

Hi Bitch and others - I love the comment about not liking this but being drawn to it anyway - this thread is the Siren of the forum I think!
Loosey has summed things up very eloquently and has said exactly what a lot of us feel. I hadn't thought of the differentiation between "fan" and "supporter" before - but it's quite right, I'm a supporter right now. I wouldn't presume to call myself a fan.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Though the 'i havent got an original thought of my own' brigade will probably keep posting to say how they dont like this thread but read it over and over avidly grin

You name a bridge, I'll name a bridge. Damn not having an original thought in my head...

Far from "reading" it avidly (this page apart), I am merely checking in every now and again to ensure it doesn't peak past the infinitely superior Pat Gradley thread. Dang and blast it though, I'm adding to it.

Must... stop....

I will not darken this thread with another post. I hope.

Thanks for that but I don't think you need too many of us over here disrupting the flow of your thoughts. Hopefully there are a few MyFC members (YorkFox, rsheard, Darter - who is a pal and others) who have more valuable insights then mine and can hopefully demonstrate that the vast majority or at least some would like to share the common goal of supporting EUFC. Maybe I will pipe up ocassionally but this is your forum and I can't say I'm truly one of you until I can call myself a true fan in my own eyes. For now I'm just a supporter.

LG, there is absolutely no reason why you and many other MyFC memers shouldn't come over andpost on this site as long as you start of behaing as if you are a guest in someone else's house, which you have, and don't get too familiar until you have been accepted....it doesn't take long, Sal has done it in a week.
I think both of you building bridges is a great idea and can achieve a lot of good but I have to say that between the pair of you you won't manage as much good as Doheochai has managed by not posting for a couple of days.
Keep up the good work Dom!

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

LG, there is absolutely no reason why you and many other MyFC memers shouldn't come over andpost on this site as long as you start of behaing as if you are a guest in someone else's house, which you have, and don't get too familiar until you have been accepted....it doesn't take long, Sal has done it in a week.
I think both of you building bridges is a great idea and can achieve a lot of good but I have to say that between the pair of you you won't manage as much good as Doheochai has managed by not posting for a couple of days.

What a lovely post and I am laughing so much, so much at the last bit!!!! grin

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

DN, when it was first announced that MyFC were going to "takeover" EUFC even Will Brooks asked that none of us come onto your forum as we should be sensitive to the very valid feelings and concerns of the fans. My feeling has always been that any club truly belongs to its fans and that any "owner" is only in truth a "caretaker" with a bit too much power in most cases. Of course some members didn't listen and thought they knew better and have obviously since then and over time only gained the distaste of those who this forum and club belongs to.

We all have our own opinions and sometimes we are wrong, so I am going to be in danger of upsetting someone at some point on here so I think I will mostly read and learn, and when I do post do so after thinking it through more carefully then I have at times on the MyFC site.

But enough waffle, I'm pleased to see a thread called "Building Bridges", I've bought my season ticket for next year, but mostly I am keen to learn what true fans think MyFC should care about and whether those views can be accomodated by absent caretakers.