Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

The thread was a debate between a member and some of the "officials". It had started off as one thing (deemed to be off-topic)but had turned into something of much greater interest, a general debate. It wasn't the subject matter so much, it was the fact that the powers that be were posting. I knew that a lot of members would have liked to have seen the debate and maybe joined in - but many members never ever go off-topic, so they don't see anything over there. I simply posted on-topic to let them know about it, with a link. That's how it started! Then I got cross lol.

Sal,

In my opinion, it's less censorship ('cause the threads at issue still were on the site, just a bit hidden in off-topic) and more of certain powers-that-be being frustrated with the whole atmosphere over there right now. As Barda (or someone) pointed out, we won the FA Trophy less than two weeks ago, and all anyone's doing on the MyFC forum is taking a piss. So they're frustrated with that, and I think that's leading to some unfortunate exchanges on the forum, including your exchanges with some folks this afternoon.

BTW, I counseled leaving your thread be, even if they thought it should be moved, just to avoid any unnecessary problems. Others felt differently.

-Josh

Josh, call it what you like. I don't often lose my temper, as you know. I shouldn't be treated like that on there. The WT and FT should concentrate on censoring the trouble makers and the cynics - I was genuinely trying to enable people to see the debate. See if you can find many negative posts from me recently. I'm too busy trying to sort out the summer football festival with upduck. Anyway, I'm not arguing it on here. This forum is saner and more fun than MyFC right now, IMO, and I don't want to spoil it.

Bitch - lol, I do get cross sometimes. And Jack always needs a slap.

And also, no offence, nothing personal, but I don't want to engage in debate with the MyFC FT or WT on here. Leave me alone, if you wouldn't mind. I prefer this forum right now. At least when people have a go they are sincere in what they believe.

Originally Posted By: Friejose
I was trying to be conciliatory Sal, but sorry if I happened to offend.

It's OK Josh, I'm sorry too, I wasn't meaning to have a go at you. The FT and WT must stop this sort of behaviour though. It's not up to them to decide who sees what, where the threads are completely inoffensive.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
MYfc aka Secret Squirrel! evil

the sad thing les.. and in fact the whole reason for our attacks on this lot in the first place.. is the secrecy and the moonie mentality....

for a so called democratic peoples society its pretty damned subversive and secretative for my liking...

I was hoping for the fleets sake it would change but this lot are as paranoid as fck and it will only get worse....I'll post the financials tomorrow when I get to the office and have the user names..having peeked at them in brief earlier it all looks like creative stuff to me anyway...if they wanna sue me then let 'em...

not audited and many disclaimers...

I think we have to keep the debate going about openness. I personally was in favour of MyFC opening the forums for a weekend so that Fleet forum posters could have a good look around - quite a lot of other members agreed. I think it would work in everyone's interests, I have to say.