Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Ok back on topic, are bridges being built between Long time Ebbsfleet fans and MYfc?

I think that there is undoubtedly a groundswell of coming together from many of both camps les..I have received several PM's from MyFc people who are genuinely concerned about the antagonistic nature of ebbs fans on both forums and indeed remonstrating with me over my views in past months...

I haven't changed those views to any extent but do accept that with some common sense here and there and a little less bollox from wind up toy soldiers...the concept could move to stage two in good fettle...

i am concerned for the future, a lot of trust is being lost a some people patience are starting to show... no-one said the ride would be easy, i think that many people on MyFC have underestimated the task ahead and that a strong relationship with EUFC is needed before advancing. If the fans do not want MyFC then it will never really kick off.

Originally Posted By: Howezy
i am concerned for the future, a lot of trust is being lost a some people patience are starting to show... no-one said the ride would be easy, i think that many people on MyFC have underestimated the task ahead and that a strong relationship with EUFC is needed before advancing. If the fans do not want MyFC then it will never really kick off.

its far to early to tell what the fleet fans and indeed moonie HQ actually DO want howezy....I had a serious rollocking by PM from an old lady in nantwich last week about some of my posts in relation to MyFc and you know...a lot of what she said was correct....

her last sentence...give it time

This thread has ultimately built bridges between new MyFc members and the people who have no connection to the Fleet, but spend all day on this website.

If you're actually having fun discussing bridges then I worry for you.

Post where it matters.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
This thread has ultimately built bridges between new MyFc members and the people who have no connection to the Fleet, but spend all day on this website.

If you're actually having fun discussing bridges then I worry for you.

Post where it matters.

well I think you may well find that apart from one that I spotted earlier hannah all posters today were MyFc members or fleet fans...

I think it might have progressed further if the MYfc mouthpieces would stop ramming THEIR facts down peoples throats on this forum!

If people want to see all these facts, they can Join MYfc and see them for themselves!

It makes you want to call for a MYfc Free Forum!

Several posters(myself included) were worried at the time that MYfc would dominate this forum!

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
and a little less bollox from wind up toy soldiers...

Tell me you're including yourself here Unc?

Otherwise it's a masterful example of spin, transforming yourself from the Lord of the Flies into Kofi Annan in one fell swoop. grin

Good morning everyone - what interesting discussion here last night. I can take the point made by American Fleet Fan about people on this forum not necessarily wanting to hear about the other forum. That's fair enough. My own view is that people like yorkfox seem to be doing a brilliant job in passing over bits of news and putting it all in one place - the sort of things all Fleet fans might like to know. Of course, yorkfox also does a newsletter for MyFC members and it is much appreciated.

Some people on this thread have made the point "what does all this have to do with the club"? Well, personally for me it has a lot to do with it, as it is a way for some of us who are truly interested in the club to get to know some of those people who have been around a long time. That's how I am - I like to make personal connections. Some people are more objective - I'm not, I suppose.

And I love the way this whole forum works and the way it feels free and unconstrained.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
and a little less bollox from wind up toy soldiers...

Tell me you're including yourself here Unc?

Otherwise it's a masterful example of spin, transforming yourself from the Lord of the Flies into Kofi Annan in one fell swoop. grin

steady stu...I'd have gone for lon channey jnr and the wolfman...grin

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Singram on there is currently doing a sterling job to try and burn down any bridges that have been built already.

He wants Harry and I banned from Stonebridge Road. For what reasons, I have no idea.

http://members.myfootballclub.co.uk//4_368952_3.html

Perhaps he is scared Harry will throw up over his prawn sandwich, if he should ever venture to Stonebridge Road. sick
You are just a victim of association ! wink

There seems be loads of serious threads on here that people can post on, so why are you frightened of one light hearted thread???? what is the real truth? what threat is there?? I can guess. Maybe some of you should get a life and some humour in it. Or is there one particular thread that about 4/5 people post on and are worried it may soon not be the biggest posted thread? is that the real truth, check out other forums, you do not get the back biting etc like this one, plus they have light hearted threads to

Hi everyone, I think this edifice we are building on here is fairly monumental.

It's also interesting in that it manages to switch from on-topic to light-hearted and then back again. A bit like real life, really ...