Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 28/07

Knaphill P-P Ash United.

My congratulations go out to Knaphill Football Club after successfully managing to double book a pitch and leaving us with nothing to play on. People on here who follow Knaphill will probably blame the Army, but maybe if you sorted your own ground out we wouldn

Hmm.

Sec - Hello is your pitch free on 28th July

Army Man - Yep sure is would you like to book it ?

Sec - Yes please

Army Man - Great no problems see you on the 28th.

Very rarely on here these days but I have to say Jake I would advise to think before speaking because you have lined your club up for a right hammering somewhere down the line when on of the volunteers at your club makes a mistake.

Jake F

I am amazed by your comments.

1. The Army have already admitted there mistake verbally and in writing. They even sent a written confirmation of the booking to our club secretary last week! Proof is available from our secretary, details via the website.

2. Why the hell would we want to use our own pitch when we have got over 40 games to be played on it over the coming season, however it will be used for the first time when we play superior opposition as Chertsey Town visit Redding Way this coming Saturday. Incidentally if Ash are so wonderful why didn't your club offer to play at your place there and then regardless of home or away?

3. If someone asked you, your manager or mary poppins if they wanted to mark a pitch out using cones at least there was an attempt to play the game albeit in unfamilar circumstances, incidently the match officials did not object! Crap idea but worth a go!

4. Our secretary confirmed the fixture a week ago in writing and followed up with a phone call to Gareth Watmore last night to checked with Ash Utd everything was okay, the answer was...yes okay!

5. Yes i'm sure everyone at Knaphill Football Club is looking forward to our meeting in September as your comments will no doubt help motivate the players in knocking a Premier team out of the Premier cup, no pressure on us but it will be on you! Sparks might be flying in your dressing room afterwards!

6. I don't think we would have brought 3 match officials, 20 Knaphill players plus management and yourselves all the way over to Gibralter Barracks just to look at the scenery!

Disappointing as it is but these things happen, however

next time engage brain and find out the facts before critising person or persons!

See you in September

Military Handbags at Dawn ? (whoever she is !!) chloe

Farleigh 2 - Dorking FC 1.

Hopefully, a report to follow, but I understand DFC used this is an excercise in squad rotation and a chance to test some trialists.

SAW BANSTEAD PLAY MOLESEY LAST NIGHT IN THE DAVE WILSON CUP.

A GAME OF 2 HALVES WHERE BANSTEAD STARTED THE BETTER AMOUNTING MOST OF PRESSURE, WITH MOLESEY DEFENING STOUTLY BEING DANGEROUS ON THE BREAK, IN WHAT WAS A SCRAPPY FIRST HALF WITH LOTS OF EFFORT GIVEN BY BOTH TEAMS, BUT TO NO AVAIL WITH EITHER 'KEEPER HAVING MUCH TO DO THAT MUCH.

SECOND HALF WAS MORE ENTERTAINING DUE TO MOLESEY PASS & MOVE STYLE WHICH WAS MISSING IN THE FIRST HALF. MOLESEY MOSTLY DOMINATED WITH 2 QUICK GOALS IN SUCCESSION PLUS OTHER CHANCES WHICH HAD GONE BEGGING, IT COULD HAVE BEEN 4-5. BANSTEAD THRU' EVERYTHING FORWARD IN THE CLOSING MINUTES CAUSING A FEW SCARES BUT NO GOALS.

GOING TO WATCH EPSOM & EWELL PLAY LEATHERHEAD ON THURSDAY AND HOPE THAT THE FINAL WILL BE WORTH WATCHING ON SATURDAY.

Originally Posted By: Jurg78
Cobham 0-0 CWUFC

Some good football played but a game eventually won by the 2 defences. CWUFC are a muched changed side this season by the looks of it!!

Indeed Jurg. A lot of players have moved to other clubs in the summer and we are struggling at present re forwards. We are working on it in time for the Cove visit on 8th August. Could have done with an easier start but hey, we'll see!

We do have some signings in the pipeline which should strengthen the squad considerably!

Quote:
The Army have already admitted there mistake verbally and in writing.

Okay I apologise for blaming your club, I was still very wound up when I was writing last night.

Quote:
Why the hell would we want to use our own pitch when we have got over 40 games to be played on it over the coming season, however it will be used for the first time when we play superior opposition as Chertsey Town visit Redding Way this coming Saturday. Incidentally if Ash are so wonderful why didn't your club offer to play at your place there and then regardless of home or away?

Every team has to play league games over the course of the season and I understand totally your points when you don

Jake, I think the superior opposition is a dig back at you, don't read too much into it.

Looking at Knaphill's fixtures, Chertsey appears to be the last friendly before the start of the season. I think most teams if they had to play all friendlies at a different ground would like at least one at their proper ground before the season starts.

I know when me and SL were at Frimley, we would have liked to have played a game at the Rec before the start of the season

We have been taking great care of our pitch and the reason it doesn't look as good come late January is beacause of the weather and the amount of games that are played on there, we have the first, second & a youth team playing on there which equates to about 55-60 games.