Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday night games

Brunty.

North Greenford Utd 2 Chertsey 2

North Greenford bossed first 20 minutes and score half way through 1st half. Following Chertsey corner, long kick from North Greenford goalie, not dealt with by Chertsey full back, and North Greenford forward finished well. Following this the rest of 1st half was all Chertsey and they scored on half hour, good work from Kevin Lock and Steve Goddard finished well from close range. Chertsey continued to dominate and got a penalty after Lock was brought down 5 minutes from half time. John Pomroy missed the penalty, great save from keeper.

2nd half was very competitive and Chertsey took the lead on 65 minutes, again good work from Lock who crossed and Pomroy somehow bicycle kicked the ball into the Greenford net. Although pressure from North Greenford was evident in last ten, Chertsey were defending well and looked good for the 3 points. But in the 96 minute, yes with no injuries, the referee played 6 minutes over, Chertsey full back completely misqueued his clearance and went straight to North Greenford centre forward who finished well with quite literally the last kick of the game.

Great advert for CCL, two good teams. Chertsey probably deserved to edge it and had more chances and more possesion, but North Greenford look strong and many teams will struggle to win there. Chertsey will be gutted to lose 3 points with seconds remaining and it was evident the Greenford were delighted with the point. Both teams in my eyes will be top 3, but Chertsey look to have more quality and should have won.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Not much on tonight so popped along to see Badshot Lea. Probably deserved to edge the game but Guildford gave a good account of themselves but unless they find a goalscorer they could be struggling come the end of the season. Badhsot lookes a strong outfit that will be near the top come the end of the season.

Very fair account of the match.

We have a couple of injuries, and weren't helped by the loss of Bridgeman early on, but we were having trouble putting the finishing touches to some decent moves.

Apart from a short spell of dominance for Badshot Lea early in the second half it was very even, and I think a draw would probably have been deserved.

Three losses in three League games, and no goals scored... but that doesn't tell the whole story!

Cobham 2-1 Littlehampton

Good win for cobham who remain unbeaten this season.

Dominated the first 35 and went 2 up with well taken goals from set pieces. Could have scored a couple more but hit the bar and last ditch defending keeping the score down. Took our foot off the gas a little and let them back in but had no real saves to make.

Second half was just an aerial bombardment by them which we coped with well. They got one back with 10-15 to go with an opportunistic strike into top corner, but we saw the game out to go through with a visit from VT up next.

Only sour note was I popped my hamstring which now hurts like hell!

Originally Posted By: Walter Willis

North Greenford bossed first 20 minutes and score half way through 1st half. Following Chertsey corner, long kick from North Greenford goalie, not dealt with by Chertsey full back, and North Greenford forward finished well. Following this the rest of 1st half was all Chertsey and they scored on half hour, good work from Kevin Lock and Steve Goddard finished well from close range. Chertsey continued to dominate and got a penalty after Lock was brought down 5 minutes from half time. John Pomroy missed the penalty, great save from keeper.

2nd half was very competitive and Chertsey took the lead on 65 minutes, again good work from Lock who crossed and Pomroy somehow bicycle kicked the ball into the Greenford net. Although pressure from North Greenford was evident in last ten, Chertsey were defending well and looked good for the 3 points. But in the 96 minute, yes with no injuries, the referee played 6 minutes over, Chertsey full back completely misqueued his clearance and went straight to North Greenford centre forward who finished well with quite literally the last kick of the game.

Great advert for CCL, two good teams. Chertsey probably deserved to edge it and had more chances and more possesion, but North Greenford look strong and many teams will struggle to win there. Chertsey will be gutted to lose 3 points with seconds remaining and it was evident the Greenford were delighted with the point. Both teams in my eyes will be top 3, but Chertsey look to have more quality and should have won.

GOOD ACCOUNT OF THE GAME WW. CHERTSEY WERE SLOW OUT OF THE BLOCKS
BUT GRADUALLY CAME INTO THE GAME, AND WHAT A GOOD GAME A CREDIT TO CCL. AS I SAID THESE 2 TEAMS SET THE STANDARD LEVEL AS THEY WILL BOTH BE THERE OR THEREABOUTS AT THE END OF THE SEASON. FELT A BIT SORRY FOR CHERTSEY CONCEEDING IN THE 96 MIN WHEN THERE WAS LITTLE INJURY TIME INCURRED. BUT CREDIT TO NGU WHO BATTLED ON. THE CHERTSEY STRIKE FORCE OF LOCK, GODDARD AND POMROY LOOK VERY IMPRESSIVE, DANGEROUS AND IMAGINE THEY COST A LOT OF MONEY BUT THEY WILL SCORE ALOT OF GOALS. CAN'T BELIEVE POMROY MISSED HIS PEN ! BUT GOOD SAVE IT HAS TO BE SAID BY THE NGU 'KEEPER. FELT QUITE HONESTLY THAT CHERTSEY DESERVED TO WIN BUT AGAIN 2 MISTAKES BY THEIR DEFENCE MEANS 2 GOALS SO CREDIT TO NGU FOR TAKING THEIR CHANCES.

NOT SURE WHICH GAME TO GO TO SATURDAY. MIGHT GO TO FARNBORO' TO SEE BADSHOT LEA v HORLEY, OR CHERTSEY v DORKING (TO SEE CHERTSEY STRIKE FORCE IN ACTION AGAIN AND SEE SOME GOALS) SORRY DORKING OR MOLESEY v ASH (NOT SURE I CAN LISTEN TO THEIR SUPPORTER GO ON FOR 90 MINS THO') SORRY ASH.

Originally Posted By: NICE GUY
NOT SURE WHICH GAME TO GO TO SATURDAY. MIGHT GO TO FARNBORO' TO SEE BADSHOT LEA v HORLEY, OR CHERTSEY v DORKING (TO SEE CHERTSEY STRIKE FORCE IN ACTION AGAIN AND SEE SOME GOALS) SORRY DORKING OR MOLESEY v ASH (NOT SURE I CAN LISTEN TO THEIR SUPPORTER GO ON FOR 90 MINS THO') SORRY ASH.

Can we get that pinned on the dressing room wall for Saturday BJR? wink

Fizzers 2-4 Erith & Belvedere

... was going to post my brief view of last night's events @ Bottom Meadow - but noticed that TC has more than admirably performed that task already on the 'Results EPR' thread.

So just a few 'neutral' observations:

- Must say I was well impressed with the ground - admit my last visit was (I think) back in '93 (long before Ground Grading) when I saw them vs Peppard - that season's CCL champions - fairly sure it was the Boxing Day game and the ground was little more than a pitch on an open Rec.

Would it have been played roughly where the ground is now - I seemed to recall it was nearer the road?

- Odd that the game last night was played to an accompaniment of thrash metal and grunting Tug 'O War teams from over the hedge! eek

- Crowd size - did a brief head count (Anorak's Duty! whistle ) thought there were 60-70 at the start but quite a few more by the end - seemed a load of Ressies turned up midway through 1st half too?

- Need more control of the Lager in the Bar - or was it just a particularly 'fizzy' barrel wink (excuse pun)

Match itself - thought both teams looked good going forward but Sandhurst were positionally very poor at the back - continually seemed to be too big a gap developing twixt Midfield and Back Four - meant the onrushing E&B midfielders often join and outnumbered the players in front of the keeper.

Was getting a mite concerned at 2-2 that it was heading for ET & pens - had an urgent appointment with some Guinness back in Reading. cool

Must say I was a bit stunned to see Sandhurst get undone twice in as many minutes - if anything when it got to 2-2, I thought they'd go on and win comfortably, as E&B looked a bit shot away themselves.

- anyway poor/unco-ordinated movement out left a 'Dere' forward unmarked on the edge of the box - good finish on the near post though - controlled and drove into the top corner.

Almost immediately long ball over the top - criminal 'miss' by the last man - peach of a lob - game over - even though there were still 20 mins left. E&B packed the field in front of their box and kept lumping up to that big lad they brought on - looked as if he'd run through walls for pleasure!

Didn't see up close the penalty appeals late on - was one 'shout' when a forward went over the keeper but looked as if he'd got a good touch on the ball first?

Definitely won't leave it as long again for my next visit - my lad hasn't been yet either so I've got a good excuse.

Ta

Originally Posted By: Walter Willis

2 points...... or do we get 4 points for a win now in the CCL prem...

Royals - you need to introduce yourself next time you come to Bottom Meadow.

BTW, my Dad was right by the penalty shout and said that the keeper was nowhere near the ball.

I don't think we would have got back to 4-4 though

jr was absent sick so Ill reply!

horley deserved to win the replay

strange first goal as the ref had to check the netting to see if the ball could have ended up behind the goal whilst entering twixt the posts. lino 12 foot away from me said it went in , fair enough. we were both 50 yards away, not many complaints from the team but I wasnt convinced it had gone in.

felt dorking matched horley first game certainly first half chicks were better, so why change the side that were on top?

why drop our winger and one of the most attacking forces we have?

why play the right back in right midfield instead of him?

why was our erstwhile skipper watching first game and not playing?

well because the manager who knew enough to get us out of the coco div 1 thought it was the best thing for the club to do, and our best chance of a win.

Horley stepped up several gears in the replay and deserved the win, I felt the right side midfielder for Horley made the difference over the two games.

luckily any bad feeling from the first game didnt seem to be evident in the replay.

Spursfan,

agree with your observations about the first and second games.

I understand that the manager dropped the winger because in the 1st game when substituted he threw his shirt at the bench and stormed off.

and with regards to last year's skipper, he left the club himself during pre-season not the mangers choice - well thats my understanding.

the next three games for the team will be tough. Chertsey, North Greenford and Horley - two of which are away, i can see 0 out of 5 for the chicks....

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
jr was absent sick so Ill reply!
horley deserved to win the replay
strange first goal as the ref had to check the netting to see if the ball could have ended up behind the goal whilst entering twixt the posts. lino 12 foot away from me said it went in , fair enough. we were both 50 yards away, not many complaints from the team but I wasnt convinced it had gone in.
felt dorking matched horley first game certainly first half chicks were better, so why change the side that were on top?
why drop our winger and one of the most attacking forces we have?
why play the right back in right midfield instead of him?
why was our erstwhile skipper watching first game and not playing?
well because the manager who knew enough to get us out of the coco div 1 thought it was the best thing for the club to do, and our best chance of a win.Horley stepped up several gears in the replay and deserved the win, I felt the right side midfielder for Horley made the difference over the two games.luckily any bad feeling from the first game didnt seem to be evident in the replay.

Good game of football and three good goals the first was in we were right behind the goal when it whent in even got a pictue of it

Originally Posted By: Jake F
Ash United 1-0 Hanworth Villa

Villa gave a very good account of themselves, but a very, very late winner by Shaun Lydon proved decisive.

Molesey on Saturday.

HI JAKE F

I'VE DECIDED TO WEAR MY EAR-MUFFS AND GO TO SEE YOUR TEAM PLAY MOLESEY, AS I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST COMPETATIVE MATCHES
TO WATCH THIS WEEKEND SO SEE YOU THERE NO DOUBT ?

SHOULD BE A GOOD INTERESTING GAME WITH ASH PROBABLY FAVOURITES ON LEAGUE POSITION BASIS

HEAR YOUR COMMENTS ON GAME TONIGHT/TOMORROW

Swine flu is a pig.

The help line is also useless. I called it, and it must have been out of order, coz all I got was CRACKLING !

I'm not going to comment on the Boss's decisions at Dorking.

For the record, Roy Newman was at Meadowbank as a spectator at DFC's last home match.

Read into that what you will !