Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 29 sep

Hartley Hare

Hanworth Villa v Guildford City

I think this is how it went........................ City 2-0 at half time, both by Lance BB. Then Two goals in as many minutes conceded makes it 2-2. Sean Rivers scored a penalty makes it 2-3, then Villa score 3-3. Then two late goals by Jamie T and Lance BB and it finishes Villa 3 City 5........... Champions League who needs it?

I think this is how it went........................ City 2-0 at half time, both by Lance BB. Then Two goals in as many minutes conceded makes it 2-2. Sean Rivers scored a penalty makes it 2-3, then Villa score 3-3. Then two late goals by Jamie T and Lance BB and it finishes Villa 3 City 5........... Champions League who needs it?

Although I did enjoy Fiorentina v Liverpool tonight!!!

Ash 3-0 Colliers Wood United

Ash were a better football side than Sandhurst and Epsom though the scoreline was a little harsh. We are a work in progress, with some good players, and we will continue to improve.

Cove 3-0 Bedfont

Cobham 4 Feltham 0

Shocking from Feltham against an impressive young Cobham side

jj is the new badfont :dance (2): :waytogo:

Gang up on Johnno day is it?? Nuts.... Krooner??? (nice to see you getting back on the banter after your shock departure from the forum at the start of the season)

Ref wasnt great last night but he kept control very well. Lino on our side of the pitch was poor. Towards the end tried to gift Badfont a goal. Player clearly offside. Practically standing on the goal line when our deepest player was on the penalty spot. Luckily Fozzy was on form to keep a clean sheet! The lino apologised and admitted his mistake at the final whistle. Good on him.

Bedfont are a quality team with good players in nearly every position. Little coloured forward is excellent and the 2 CM are very good. Bedfont will be hard to beat!

Cobham 4 Feltham 0

Shocking from Feltham against an impressive young Cobham side

Comfortable win for us last nite in my first league game for 6 weeks! If it wasn't for some good keeping and not being clinical enough in front of goal it could easily have been 7-8.

Still, happy we have won one of our games in hand and on to Sat and Sheerwater.

Although I did enjoy Fiorentina v Liverpool tonight!!!

..... me too - almost as much as the result from Deepdale .... :grin:

I popped up to Rectory Meadows (M3 nice 'n clear for a change) - you got the goals more or less right Sir L.

HV came out 2nd half and tried to have a real go - 1st Goal back was a pen - City petrified as the ball bounced around the area - Ref could have played advantage, as the ball was put straight into the net anyway - but he had 'whistled' immediately the ball had struck arm.

Equalizer was from a long ball through the middle, left an HV player 1on1 - good clean finish into the corner.

Then City led again through a twice taken pen. - was a very soft one to give away too - big lad went down in instalments waiting for the challenge - but it was a very late and unnecessary 'lunge'.

Keeper (Buss?) saved well with his knees but had leapt a fair way forward off his line (I was standing roughly level with the six yd box) so technically the young lino was correct to flag it - though harsh - not sure how a keeper CAN stay completely rooted to his line - momentum will naturally carry him towards the ball. Home fans weren't too happy obviously!

HV to their credit didn't fold and pressed hard - got another equalizer - yet again City defence all over the place trying to deal with a high ball.

City's 4th came on the break as HV threw more men up and the 5th and final goal came from a free-kick on half-way - conceded trying to prevent another break.

Ball floated up not cleared - crossed back in and firm header into the roof of the net.

Haven't seen that many CCL Prem. sides this season - but I can see both of these nearer the bottom on this evidence - neither defence looked up to much - made for an entertaining evening.

HV looked bright but naive - they'll lose quite a few but might gather enough points to stay up, if they can find an 'enforcer' in midfield.

On this showing City will have to outscore their opponents to progress - they looked quite potent going forward but pretty dire when pushed on the back-foot - especially in the air.

Like I said very enjoyable - back home and out again to the Pub by 22:10! ;)

jj is the new badfont :dance (2): :waytogo:

Gang up on Johnno day is it?? Nuts.... Krooner??? (nice to see you getting back on the banter after your shock departure from the forum at the start of the season)

Ref wasnt great last night but he kept control very well. Lino on our side of the pitch was poor. Towards the end tried to gift Badfont a goal. Player clearly offside. Practically standing on the goal line when our deepest player was on the penalty spot. Luckily Fozzy was on form to keep a clean sheet! The lino apologised and admitted his mistake at the final whistle. Good on him.

Bedfont are a quality team with good players in nearly every position. Little coloured forward is excellent and the 2 CM are very good. Bedfont will be hard to beat!

just fishing jj ...........

nice to see brunty not mention the 6 first teamers missing :ignore:

As you mention it..... :)

We are still missing players Nut, but thankfully one or two came back last night which made a big difference and it was comfortable. Against Bedfont last week we were well short of players and it told as we were playing against better opposition IMO!

JJ is no fun this season Nuts as he is too easy to reel in. Must be something to do with being a year older and slower :)

I may be slower but there is no way i'm a year older!!!

Johnno = Peter Pan!! (Just better looking)

I bet your car flies too JJ ;)

I didn't know he was in 'Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang' as well, Kroonie ?

:futbolbud2: