Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 24 Oct Results

TRS

Hope you're right Jacko, read the new gaffer announcing to the Middlesex Chronicle that the club was dead a few weeks ago, yesterday's debacle is all you need. I have a lot of time for the likes of Bryan Barry and know just how much the club means to him. Are there any movements on the Arena? Surely it wasn't that much of a culture shock for these ex-Bedfont players stepping down to Division 1 and playing at the same ground!? Disappointing, hope things pick up for you and soon...

Wood 1-3 North Greenford Utd

We led at half time having shaded the first half.

3 goals in a bad 10 minute defensive spell early 2nd half done for us though.

We are playing well and passing it pretty well.

Typical NGU performance as they like knocking it around too which made for an entertaining game.

League cup Wednesday against Dorking at Wibbandune.

Looking forward to it!

Ash Utd 2-0 Dorking

HI TRS GOOD VIDEO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING TRS/TV - SORRY DORKING BUT FROM THIS SHORT FOOTAGE YOUR KEEPER (EXCLUDING THE 2ND GOAL), BAR AND POST KEPT THE SCORE DOWN BUT DEFENSIVELY LOOKED POOR HOPEFULLY IT MAY HAVE JUST BEEN ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK TVS - WHAT'S YOUR NEXT GAME YOU ARE FILMING ? ANYONE ON TUESDAY ?

Ash Utd 2-0 Dorking

HI TRS GOOD VIDEO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING TRS/TV - SORRY DORKING BUT FROM THIS SHORT FOOTAGE YOUR KEEPER (EXCLUDING THE 2ND GOAL), BAR AND POST KEPT THE SCORE DOWN BUT DEFENSIVELY LOOKED POOR HOPEFULLY IT MAY HAVE JUST BEEN ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK TVS - WHAT'S YOUR NEXT GAME YOU ARE FILMING ? ANYONE ON TUESDAY ?

Thanks NG, i've been moonlighting in the Ryman! I can recommend Chipstead v Whyteleafe, some good goals in that one. Not sure about Tuesday yet, although Chicks are at Colliers Wood on Wednesday in the cup so may well take that in. Still not been there yet. Re Chicks, we really should sign up the bar and post on contract terms I think :evil: Luckilly there are a few struggling sides down with us, so it might be a case of just having to win your six pointers (as we did with Hanworth).

Ash United 2 - Dorking FC 0.

Dorking fell to a late defeat at Ash United on Saturday, two goals in the final 12 minutes of the match undoing Tony Webb’s side.

Chicks had gone into the game with some new faces following the midweek departure of left back Alex Hill and striker Phil Page, Lee Matthews signing for Dorking from Ryman League Corinthian Casuals, while Taylor Mollatt has also signed from Colliers Wood. With only 2 defeats in 9 games, Dorking were hoping to add to their points tally for the season, but Ash United were bidding to build on last weekend’s victory over bottom club Wembley.

The first half belonged to Ash as Dorking struggled to come to terms with a very slippery surface following the rain earlier in the day, both sides seeing their players often lose their feet as the pitch cut up as the game went on. But it was undoubtedly the home side that adapted the best to the conditions, indeed, only Dorking captain Dan Coote in Chicks’ goal stood between Ash and a comfortable first half lead.

Manager Webb was forced to rearrange things at half time after ex Leatherhead player Gavin Quintyne was forced to retire injured at the interval, seeing another debut for Ongei in midfield. The half time pep talk seemed to do the trick as the second half was a much more even affair, Dorking’s front two of Luke Jones and Joe Loyza proving a real handful to the Ash defence.

Dorking almost took the lead from a snap free kick from Dan Clayton saw Loyza head just wide, and with the game heading for the final 15 minutes, their was nothing between the sides. The crucial breakthrough came on 78 minutes shortly after Ash had hit the bar with a long range effort when a Chicks attack broke down, a quick counter attack finding Dorking short at the back, Blason taking advantage to take the ball round Coote and calmly slot the ball home.

Dorking responded well as the match continued in end to end fashion, and Mollatt thought he had brought Dorking level on 83 minutes, Mollatt’s shot finding the back of the net, but his effort being ruled marginally offside. As Chicks pushed forward, gaps were inevitably left at the back, and a mix up between keeper Coote and his central defence gifted a second goal to Ash in the dying minutes.

Dorking now play Colliers Wood twice in a matter of days as they travel to Wood for a league cup second round tie on Wednesday 28 October, before entertaining Colliers Wood on Saturday at MEAdowbank in a league game, kick off 3pm, children admitted for free when accompanied by a paying adult. Molesey then travel to Dorking for a rearranged league game on Tuesday 3 November, kick off 7-45pm.

Team:-

Dan Coote, Lee Matthews, Paul West, Scott Murphy, Roy Newman, James White, Taylor Mollatt, Adam Clayton, Luke Jones, Joe Loyza, Gavin Quintyne.

Substitutes:-

D Ongei, Jesse Davis, Andy Briant.

What a great bunch of guys at Hartley Witney today,Hartley Hare arrived late after a scintillating 4-4 draw between 2 well matched sides.Brunty oozed class and should never be playing at this level.The Committee welcomed me with open arms half time tea,full time beer and sarnies.Back to the match, once again 7 bookings and a classic decision by the ref.Our player was taking a throw the ref blew whistle for time wasting and booked our player,another of our players then took throw which Kevin Dalrymple controlled sublimy,and with an overhead kick,played in Adam Rea who cooly slotted in on the volley from 12 yards.If our team ever get fit,it's up the League we go.

Hartley 4- 4 Croydon Municipal

Thanks for that comment Smudge!!

Will look at it as a point gained after what could have been an embarrassing loss at home.

Again we have shown our inconsistency! After a great result in midweek against C&H I thought our boys would be up for this but too many of the team were complacent and we were punished by a decent team! And we only got going in the last 15 minutes. I’m sure CM will get a few results against the so called “favourites” of this league. Good, honest bunch of players they have there just unfortunate for them they didn’t see the game out being 4 - 2 up with 10 to go!

Move on to big game at Cobham Saturday, MUST WIN!!

:signthankspin:

Thanks BJR for posting the Dorking match report, always a good laugh on a Monday. Is this the same guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland?

T.R.S. check you camera mate,have you bought a biased one.B.J.R. seems to think it was end to end football,you must of done a load of editing then.I think B.J.R should watch your excellent video,because all that stood between Dorking and a big defeat was Dan Coote.

Chertsey 2 Sandhurst 1

Given our recent form, we changed formation and had a game plan to get at least a point from Chertsey.

First half neither side created any chances that worked either keeper.

2nd half we took the lead, amid a bit of controversy. We were awarded a free kick at the same time a Chertsey player need to be subbed off injured. Unfortunately the sub was still doing his makeup and the ref got bored of waiting. The ref told us to play and Fisky headed in at the far post.

Straight from kick off, the ball got played to the Chertsey left and the winger cut in and went to cross only he hit it sweet and the ball was heading to the top far corner. I easily had it covered only at the last minute the bloody sun got in my eyes and I could not see a thing only managing to get fingertips to the ball. Fortunatley the only question mark was not on me as another of our players made a boo boo in the build up.

We could have regained the lead in 60th minute when Stone made a good save with his feet, and Wildey following up could not steer the ball home.

Chertsey dealt us the sucker punch in the 85th when they headed home a corner.

Best we have played for a while, but still plenty of room for improvement. Another cup match on Tuesday away at Frimley, 2nd to last chance of winning a cup match this season, before we take on Bookham on the weekend.

Thanks BJR for posting the Dorking match report, always a good laugh on a Monday. Is this the same guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland?

T.R.S. check you camera mate,have you bought a biased one.B.J.R. seems to think it was end to end football,you must of done a load of editing then.I think B.J.R should watch your excellent video,because all that stood between Dorking and a big defeat was Dan Coote.

To be fair, BJR didn't write it and only posted it. I'm probably being a bit harsh but 2-0 flattered Chicks big time.

I guess the author is one of life's optimists whereas I've always been a pessimist!!

What a great bunch of guys at Hartley Witney today,Hartley Hare arrived late after a scintillating 4-4 draw between 2 well matched sides.Brunty oozed class and should never be playing at this level.The Committee welcomed me with open arms half time tea,full time beer and sarnies.Back to the match, once again 7 bookings and a classic decision by the ref.Our player was taking a throw the ref blew whistle for time wasting and booked our player,another of our players then took throw which Kevin Dalrymple controlled sublimy,and with an overhead kick,played in Adam Rea who cooly slotted in on the volley from 12 yards.If our team ever get fit,it's up the League we go.

Was good to meet you on Sat Smudge. Always nice to see true/good supporters at the bar enjoying themselves. Looking forward to the return game.

Not CCL I know but watched Merstham continue their good start with a well deserved win over Walton & Hersham, a number of players from both sides who have played in CCL though.

Lovey set up at Merstham and nice bunch of people.

Don't think we played at all well Saturday to be honest SF. I felt Walton had far more of the possession although i suppose they only had a couple of half decent chances where as we were more clinical with ours. We have played far better than that this season and not won so it was pleasing to get 3 points and a clean sheet.

Not CCL I know but watched Merstham continue their good start with a well deserved win over Walton & Hersham, a number of players from both sides who have played in CCL though.

Lovey set up at Merstham and nice bunch of people.

Don't think we played at all well Saturday to be honest SF. I felt Walton had far more of the possession although i suppose they only had a couple of half decent chances where as we were more clinical with ours. We have played far better than that this season and not won so it was pleasing to get 3 points and a clean sheet.

Sign of a good team :applaus: