Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

Nothing wrong with The Beatles - a quality band.

I have Alan and Loose down as more fans of The Smith's though.

I know nothing about The Smiths so your wrong there Adam. More a Sedaka, Sam Cooke, Sinatra, Matt Monroe and the Beachboys for me. Used to spend a lot of Saturday nights in Ronnie Scott's when I was a young shaver and saw some all time greats from the jazz world.

Well I guess Loose ignoring me is him conceding? Why can he provide proof if he ask for me too? I guess this is what happens when you have no way of defending your argument. Well it was fun.

A Jazz fan then Alan?

Wonder if you'd approve of Mr. Stanley Clarke.   Jazz/Funk/Blues bassist, and was a big influence on Level 42s Mark King.

A Jazz fan then Alan?

Wonder if you'd approve of Mr. Stanley Clarke.   Jazz/Funk/Blues bassist, and was a big influence on Level 42s Mark King.

Not a massive jazz fan, more a case of enjoying Ronnie Scotts, and an ex girlfriend who worked behind the bar and kept me in free drinks.

Ah, hidden perks then ;)

I know this Blog has been posted before however it's a real insight into Amanda's eventful life prior to her ill-fated trip to Italy, who knew for example that in 2003 she traveled to Japan as part of a student exchange programme and spent a few weeks living with a family over there as well as taking classes in Japanese. Enjoy!:

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/Amanda.html

I guess thread is dead until Rhodes adds another article for us to read.

DON'T BANK ON IT  !!!!

DON'T BANK ON IT  !!!!

Why not? That seems to be the only way any discussion gets started. I am being ignored because Loose things I don't site any proof for my claims. I would be glad to discuss this topic again, but no matter what I say Loose is allowed to give his points as fact with no proof, but if I say anything against what he says, and I provide proof. I am ignored and told I am idiot. Great job moderators for allowing this.

If this forum was even remotely objective it would have quality discussions, but when people like Loose are allowed to only share their views as facts without proof, and he is allowed to belittle everyone else. This will never be a place for debate. Just one sided views.

Some interesting stuff I read about Amanda today that unfortunately sees her struggling to sell her book. Harper Collins apparently printed 750,000 copies initially in Hard-Back but sales have "Underwhelmed" with so far only 36,000 being sold world-wide!

Nice little summary of the court cases facing her and mounting up apparently by the day with libel and now "Calumny" - blaming someone else for the crime - it says here:-

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/amanda-knox/53159/dismal-sales-perugia-memoir-leave-amanda-knox-fix

"Knox herself also faces a more serious calumny charge in Florence for alleging in court that police coerced her to accuse Patrick Lumumba, a Perugia bar owner, who she was definitively convicted of slandering in March.".

Nice little extract there for those of us interested in facts eh?

Some interesting stuff I read about Amanda today that unfortunately sees her struggling to sell her book. Harper Collins apparently printed 750,000 copies initially in Hard-Back but sales have "Underwhelmed" with so far only 36,000 being sold world-wide!

Nice little summary of the court cases facing her and mounting up apparently by the day with libel and now "Calumny" - blaming someone else for the crime - it says here:-

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/amanda-knox/53159/dismal-sales-perugia-memoir-leave-amanda-knox-fix

"Knox herself also faces a more serious calumny charge in Florence for alleging in court that police coerced her to accuse Patrick Lumumba, a Perugia bar owner, who she was definitively convicted of slandering in March.".

Your so called facts leave a big hole in the sales numbers. I believe it was the number one book on Amazon for awhile. If you know anything about book sales you would know hardback and paperback books are going down each year. You need to look at digital sales as well. Sorry not everyone still reads a hard copy of a book. You want proof here you go.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6413/amanda-knox-book-sales-skyrocket-after-appearing-with-diane-sawyer

Did any one think the book was going to sale well? Younger people don't keep up with the news any more. I could walk around and ask people if they knew who Amanda Knox was, and I bet only about 50% would even know who she was. And of that group I bet only about 25% that know anything about the case. I hate tell you, but the folks that post on this forum are in the small minority of knowledge of the case. It was not until I saw the made for TV movie about Amanda that I new anything about the case. I am 29 years old the amount of people my age that keep up with world news is very low. I am very surprised her book ever even got to the best seller list.

Edited by Brounmoney

So I thought to myself that this is interesting, that surely digital copies will have outsold the above numbers in the millions. Of course they will, bringing about a totally different picture, definitely making my comments invalid. Facts I hear you all call, God know what dimlow is calling but thankfully I can't see what Brounmoney has to say anymore. Bless.

Anyway, sadly for some I know, Amazon Worldwide have barely sold 4,000 kindle copies, facts facts facts:-

http://www.novelrank.com/title/waiting-to-be-heard-kindle-edition

So I thought to myself that this is interesting, that surely digital copies will have outsold the above numbers in the millions. Of course they will, bringing about a totally different picture, definitely making my comments invalid. Facts I hear you all call, God know what dimlow is calling but thankfully I can't see what Brounmoney has to say anymore. Bless.

Anyway, sadly for some I know, Amazon Worldwide have barely sold 4,000 kindle copies, facts facts facts:-

http://www.novelrank.com/title/waiting-to-be-heard-kindle-edition

I know you keep saying you are not listening to me, but it looks like you read and responded to my post. Are you just going to look at Amazon? There are several other digital options. Like Apple, nook, and some of the smaller companies.

Also is you are going to say you are ignoring me, but read and respond to my post. Then read the whole post. I also said that not very people under 30 even care about world news. A lot of people don't know who Amanda Knox or Meredith Kerecher are. I did not expect the book to do that well. Not sure why you did.

Edited by Brounmoney

Hi guys

I don't know why but I imagined you saying that in John Inman's voice. 

Morning!

I don't know why but I imagined you saying that in John Inman's voice. 

Morning!

Wow Loose you are one of the most fickle people I have ever seen. Oh wait I forgot you are ignoring, or only reading what you want of what I post. Oh well I will continue. I am not sure why you chose to ignore me. You ask for proof I gave you proof. It seemed you were having fun arguing back and forth with me. Do you really get offended that easily? If that were the case for me I would have started ignoring you a very long time ago. You have said much more offensive stuff to me.

Oh well your loss not mine. Hope you enjoy posting to no one because I am one of the few that post on a regular bases. Also you seem to be the arguing type, so I though this would make you right at home. Oh well enjoy posting to yourself.

An interesting and well written article about Amanda's book from the New York Times, enjoy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/books/review/trial-and-error.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0