Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Town

Rumphole

We Bay fans will be starving after the long journey south so we hope you've stocked up with pies and pasties as well as some lovely bovril. If not can you recommend any food shops in Chertsey that sell decent home baked delicacies??

Even a chippie would be ok. Last week at Shildon there was an excellent fish and chip shop and prices were very reasonable. Dare we expect the same in the Surrey stockbroker belt icon22.gif

Dunno about food HtB but I just had to post a link to a story in the Surrey herald regarding this match.

http://www.surreyher...86289-25763842/

A little dig at Cove in there as well.

To a certain extent Mr Day is correct that clubs don't make as much as people think from big games, especially not if you have to pay for police for the higher profile games - they ain't cheap - but the first paragraph in the story is a bit misleading -

CHERTSEY Town need a gate of 750 in the club’s biggest match in years on Saturday – or they have to pay £4,000-plus in expenses to the other side.

So if they only get 600 then they're saddled with a 4 grand expenses claim? Doesn't make sense.

Besides, FA Vase rules state the maximum the away team can claim. I make it just under £3000 for the hotel and coach.

Still a hefty amount to shell out but not quite £4k+

Of course, there are all the costs Chertsey have to pay - stewarding, officials fees, lights, gatemen etc so they will need a decent crowd just to break even. Perhaps it's just the paper that's got it's facts slightly wrong (in my opinion) and is being a bit alarmist by coming up with a figure that Chertsey may have to pay out in total if no-one turns up at all. That ain't gonna happen.

I still haven't decided who I want to win this game. I like to see CCL teams going a long way in the competition but then again I've picked Whitley Bay to win the Vase in the champions league thing they have on the old another forum and as a son of Geordies I've got fond memories of the area. Used to love the Spanish City (fairground) when I went up there but I suppose every young kid loves that sort of thing.

If Chertsey progressing means a furthur backlog of fixtures which they can't cope with then that's enough for me. We only need to worry about ourselves & NGU then.

**had to edit - me maths was right but me typing finger wasn't!**

Edited by VPCTFC

This gets even better. Another Bayite is posting (what happened to the solitary Chertsey fan ?).

The southerners don't understand the food.

And then to cap it all the Chertsey owner complains about the Bay's hotel bill. Why ? If you check his past history, he doesn't pay hotel bills anyway. Or at least he didn't before he changed his name, when he was known as Spencer Trethewy. Had a little bit of bother about it and ended up eating porridge for a while.

Haway the Bay.

You will have to bring you state benefits & you life savings to afford food & a pint down here champis2.gif dont worry about getting home we'll deport you all just in case winkewinke.gif

To be deported we have to have done something wrong. You will never make it stick !

You've got problems now. A link to this forum has been posted on the Bay website so you can expect the maurauding hordes to join in.

And apparently some Bay fans are flying to Gatwick. Must be daft geordies as there is no flight back on Saturday evening ! Should have done what the canny southerner is doing and flying to Heathrow. Local knowledge, he he.

BTW the Bay's secret squirrels are monitoring this ...............

And posting !!!!!

Edited by Rumphole

You've got problems now. A link to this forum has been posted on the Bay website so you can expect the maurauding hordes to join in.

To all regular CCL posters - if you see any strange words crop up on this thread use this to find out what they're talking about.

If you want to chance your arm at communicating with them enter the phrase you wish to get across in your finest Surrey accent here and it'll be translated into characters and syllables that, although they may mean little to you, will be understood by the person you're attempting to talk to.

F'rinstance - 'I need more than £2. It's £2.80 down here' translates as 'Ah nee't mare than twa pounds. it's twa pounds eighty doon heor.'

And apparently some Bay fans are flying to Gatwick. Must be daft geordies as there is no flight back on Saturday evening ! Should have done what the canny southerner is doing and flying to Heathrow. Local knowledge, he he.

Product placement dear Rumphole. Ryders column in the Evening Chroic is sponsored by an airline that flys(be) to London Gatwick. ps always good for a bevy when he is on expenses.

Product placement dear Rumphole. Ryders column in the Evening Chroic is sponsored by an airline that flys(be) to London Gatwick. ps always good for a bevy when he is on expenses.

Northumbrian,sussed you out your a closet Chertsey fan really.You want Chertsey to win,and as for a deluge of Bay Posters we seen 4 so far.

Rumpie you will be deported as a traitor to us Southerners. The rest will be deported for smelling of pies and whippets and for just being northern.

I understand VP may be attending tomorrow so if you need a Real Ale he is your man to show you the way.

As stated before I am on business elsewhere and may bump into a forum poster or 2.

Just for clarity-

We have been misquoted in the press

1. We DO face an expense bill in excess of £4000 as Whitley Bay have two nights accomodation and are entitled to £4 a mile travelling (£2400) which actually takes their bill to in excess of £4000 alone never mind stewards, extra toilet hire etc. HOWEVER the comment about WB was misunderstood and we actually THANKED them as they were taking cheaper hotels and a much cheaper coach saving the expenses bill about £1000. Of course the total expenses are taking off the gate so the comment of LOSING £4000 is impossible , in reality both clubs could end up losing about £1000 of which we hope to make some of this up via the bar.

2. There was certainly no dig at Cove it was just a statement that clubs were commenting on how much money we are making which is clearly not the case

In any event we would like to thank all the support being shown to us by our CCL teams and will be doing our upmost to keep the League flying whilst welcoming all that have travelled so far to support WB

STOP PRESS !!

DEFRA have arranged the construction of sheep-dip troughs around the ground, and that's just for the visiting supporters, not their 'pets'.

Just for clarity-

We have been misquoted in the press

1. We DO face an expense bill in excess of £4000 as Whitley Bay have two nights accomodation and are entitled to £4 a mile travelling (£2400) which actually takes their bill to in excess of £4000 alone never mind stewards, extra toilet hire etc. HOWEVER the comment about WB was misunderstood and we actually THANKED them as they were taking cheaper hotels and a much cheaper coach saving the expenses bill about £1000. Of course the total expenses are taking off the gate so the comment of LOSING £4000 is impossible , in reality both clubs could end up losing about £1000 of which we hope to make some of this up via the bar.

2. There was certainly no dig at Cove it was just a statement that clubs were commenting on how much money we are making which is clearly not the case

In any event we would like to thank all the support being shown to us by our CCL teams and will be doing our upmost to keep the League flying whilst welcoming all that have travelled so far to support WB

Chertsey Boy suggest you read the F.A.VASE RULES 09/10,before you try to pull the wool over our eyes.STATES:Mileage @£3 per mile,Distance from Whitley Bay 300 miles x 2 =600 miles x £3 =£1800.HOTEL ACCOMODATION 20x£50 for 1 NIGHT maximum,if it means a Club has to leave before 8am.TOTAL COST by my reckoning £2800,but lets say they come by coach,they could fill vacant seats up with supporters lessening the cost.Or even Fly down like Rumpole to Heah.trow and cancel out the overnight stay.The only Winner will be the Winner of the game,so lets hope you win it,cos a replay at your costings will send both clubs to the wall,by your reckoning.COME ON THE CURFEWS,STUFF THEM NORTHERNERS.

FYI-

They are entitled to TWO nights accomodation at £1000 PER NIGHT as distance over four hours. Rated by FA at 700 miles and we have been told £4pm. In any event WB have reduced these costs, which we thank them for, but their expences plus our will be way in excess of £4000

In any event, I actually couldn't care a less about the expenses AS LONG AS WE WIN!

FYI-

They are entitled to TWO nights accomodation at £1000 PER NIGHT as distance over four hours. Rated by FA at 700 miles and we have been told £4pm. In any event WB have reduced these costs, which we thank them for, but their expences plus our will be way in excess of £4000

In any event, I actually couldn't care a less about the expenses AS LONG AS WE WIN!

Nail on head :smashfreakb: sod the expense enjoy the game and hopefully get the win, all other CCL clubs would love to be in your shoes (for Saturday any way)

FYI-

Nail on head :smashfreakb: sod the expense enjoy the game and hopefully get the win, all other CCL clubs would love to be in your shoes (for Saturday any way)

Don't you mean CLOGS ,Teffers ?

:futbolbud2:

FYI-

F.A. MUST BE RIGHT THEN COS THERE NEVER WRONG,but A.A state 594 miles Whitley Bay to Chertsey return So £424 extra cost.Suggest you read F.a. rules about hotel costs and reasons for payment also.Man Utd do not stay for 2 nights in London before playing West Ham,but Whitley Bay are a bigger club of course.Suppose they going to train on your pitch today also,as they were down last night,or they gonna sample a bit of the Chertsey night life after the game and stay Saturday night in hotel.Good old Southern saying'NEVER CON A CONNA'still hope you win though.

Whitley Bay's and Chertseys expenses in excess of £4000 plus the Chertsey weekly players wages about £3000 give or take a tenner...........adding that up on my calculator is coming to approx £7000. Reckon you should both forfeit the tie and let someone else play the match.....

Whitley Bay's and Chertseys expenses in excess of £4000 plus the Chertsey weekly players wages about £3000 give or take a tenner...........adding that up on my calculator is coming to approx £7000. Reckon you should both forfeit the tie and let someone else play the match.....

£2000 To the winners though,such a generous sum.