Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 20/4 Matches

Wattsy

Not one to moan about refs especially when being a neutral at a game but todays official at the Egham v Molsey game was a disgrace. There was not one bad tackle in the game yet there were 5 bookings. Stop start all nite I was not surprised to hear he was being assessed. Decisions being made leaving players, supporters and neutrals bewildered as to what was happening and who had actually been penalised and what for. I think his assistants actually felt ashamed to be involved in the same match as him.

I know we all make mistakes but it was the worst display from a ref I have ever seen. I can take that some players don't help themselves with refs etc.etc. but it ruined what was a well contested fast paced football match.

Having said that...Molsey are a good footballing side and probably deserved a draw...but if you don't score past Piercey you will probably lose as Egham always have a goal or two in them.......

FIRST OF ALL WELL DONE EGHAM AND ON THEIR PITCH WHICH HAS ALOT OF GRASS, THIS ASSISTED IN A VERY GOOD FOOTBALLING GAME, WITH BOTH SIDES A REAL CREDIT TO THE CCL.

2 VERY GOOD SIDES WHERE MOSTLY IT HAS TO BE SAID, AN 'EASY ON THE EYE' MOLESEY WHO'S DELIGHTFUL FOOTBALL WAS A JOY TO WATCH. IF EVERYONE WATCHING IS COMPLETELY HONEST, IN MY OPINION FROM A GROUNDHOPPER NEUTRAL, THE FIRST HALF WAS COMPLETELY DOMINATED BY THE MOLES, WITH CHANCES GONE A-BEGGING, AND NOT ALLOWING THE FREE SCORING EGHAM STRIKERS ANY ROOM TO MANOEUVRE, PERMITTING THEM TO ONLY 1 SHOT FOR THE HALF. I HAVE TO SAY THAT BOTH DEFENCES RULED LAST NIGHT.

IT HAS TO BE SAID THAT EGHAM CAME OUT SECOND HALF WITH MORE VIGOUR AND MATCHED MOLESEY THEN GOT THE BREAK-AWAY GOAL THAT MATTERED, A RUN BY THE NO. 9 I THINK GRAVES ONTO A FINE THRU' BALL LEFT HIM ONE-ON-ONE WITH THE KEEPER AND WITH A LITTLE DIFFICULTY GOT ROUND THE KEEPER AND SCORED THE ONLY GOAL OF THE GAME.

THEREAFTER, MOLESEY HAD MOST OF THE POSSESSION AS THEY DID THROUGHOUT, PILED ON THE PRESSURE WHICH MADE IT EVEN MORE EXCITING GAME ESPECIALLY TOWARDS THE FINISH, AND ALTHO' MOLES HAD 2-3 GLORIOUS CHANCES WHICH AGAIN WENT A-BEGGING, THEY COULD NOT GET THEIR DESERVED EQUALISER.

RESULT SUMMARY: EGHAM (DEFENDED WELL, LOVE A MOAN, TOOK THEIR CHANCE) 1 - MOLESEY ( MOST POSSESSION, BETTER FOOTBALLING TEAM) 0

MORAL OF THE STORY, YOU DON'T WIN GAMES BEING THE BETTER FOOTBALLING SIDE, IT'S GOALS THAT MATTER !

THANK YOU BOTH TEAMS, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALLING GAME I'VE WATCHED THIS SEASON. THE REF. ........WELL FUSSY !

Weebs can you let us know what the 5 cautions were for ?

More evidence that certain local sides seem to raise their game against Cambo ;)

Pity B/Lea weren't able to raise theirs last night - they'll see it as 2 point dropped :bootyshake:

Reckon their minds were on the Surrey Senior Cup Semi on Thursday - Suttton don't look a bad side this season :grin:

Westfield 2-0 Eversley

Much better from us and as solid as we've looked for months. Decent football played at times. I think Eversley got a shock first half as they appeared to turn up thinking it was a going to be a stroll. They were getting on each others backs on the pitch. 2nd half as you would expect they were much better and dominated for 20 min. Our keeper pulled off a worldie and they missed a couple before we got back into it and wrapped up the game in the last ten minutes. Think we may have unearthed a gem of a striker in Asif

Not a great performance from us and Westfield fully deserved their victory. They worked harder and showed more desire.

The striker took both his goals well. Also a great save by the keeper in the 2nd half.

Need to improve against CB Hounslow this weekend, if we are to pick up three points.

Good to see John Comer back involved in the CCL. Enjoyed a few beers with him, when Sheerwater visited our ground earlier in the season.

Good luck to Badshot Lea on Thursday from everyone at Epsom and Ewell . We would luv it .. luv it if you won. Did I ever mention that we knocked Sutton out of the Surrey Senior Cup last year... think I must have done at some point.

If you do their website will be full of stuff about how they just couldn't be bothered with the County Cup and the whole things beneath them. It was hilarious.

Weebs can you let us know what the 5 cautions were for ?

More evidence that certain local sides seem to raise their game against Cambo ;)

Kroons... 1 was for asking the ref which way the free kick was, 1 was for pulling out of a tackle, 1 was for being stamped on and asking the ref if he saw it, 1 was for questioning a decision and the last 1, I couldn't tell you.

The truth is there was no discent towards the ref, think he just lost the game early on and tried to make up for it with cards.

So a ref issues 3 cautions for Dissent and gets grief yet the threads have been suggesting that it should be stamped on :)

Just using it as an example Weebs not having a go or disagreeing with your views.

Dorking 1 - 3 Horley Town :brille008:

This was Town fourth meeting with Dorking this season having drawn away in the FA Cup and drawing at home in the League and beating them at home in the FA Cup. Town were put under pressure After 7 minutes Dorking broke on the right but Town keeper Lookwood got down well and saved at the near post.After two minutes Adam Pullen broke into the box but he was pulled down in the box and the referee awarded a penalty. The penalty was taken by Darren tidy who scored into the bottom of the corner of the net despite the home keeper getting a hand on it.Dorking went on the attack but the shot was nearer the corner flag than the goal.With seventeen played a great ball into the box by Tidy saw Pullen shot parred round the post for a corner taken by Tidy.Town put on more pressure with a good shot from Pullen which again the home keeper saved.With eight minutes left Adam Pullen beat the defender and the keeper only for his shot to go just wide of the upright.In the last minute of the game Dorking broke on the right and beat Lockwood to the ball and Dorking scored to send the teams in at half time with the score level.In the second half Town found it hard to settle.Dorking had a early shot which Lockwood turned round the post This was followed by Dorking shooting over the cross bar from close range.This was followed by a Dorking attack which saw the Dorking forward head over the cross bar from close range.Then a good move from Pullen saw Eldred first have a shot saved on the line by the home keeper before his second shot hit the side netting.With nine minutes left a long through from Adam Pullen saw Mark Gilbert's shot rebound of a defender to Jamie Raisbrow who shot and scored Town second of the night to put Horley 2-1 up.This was followed by a Risebrow cross which found Gilbert whose shot hit the cross bar..A minute from time Pullen got pulled down in the box again and this time Gilbert steped up to take the penaly and he scored his 4th goal in the last four games.

A pretty accurate synopsis, all apart from last sentence, 'http://horleytownfc.fotop'

The third goal, (penalty) for Horley was heavily disputed by the club-house side assistant referee, who agreed with me, that (1) NO offence had been committed by a DFC player, and (2), the alleged offence occurred OUTSIDE the box. Hmmmm !! Should 'ave gone to 'Specsavers' !

"Late goals once more cost Dorking as Horley Town emerged with all 3 points following two strikes in the last 10 minutes, leaving Dorking trailing the clubs immediately above them by 8 points going into the final 5 games of the season. Dorking went behind in the 10th minute to a penalty, but striker Ashley Robinson pulled Dorking level with a 44th minute strike to send Dorking into the interval at 1-1.

The second half started well for Dorking and Chicks gained the ascendency before poor defending 10 minutes of time cost Dorking dear as the visitors gained the all important 3rd goal of the game. A disputed penalty in the 89th minute made certain Horley were to go away with all three points.

TEAM:- Sam Feeman: Josh Powell: Sama Olarewaja: Sammy Dieng: Zib Nayatito: Nathan Farquarson: Andy Miller: Manadou Meite (Capt.): Reece Perry: Dan Davies: Ashley Robinson.

SUBSTITUTES:- Tom Ahmed: Doug Still: Lewis Hanam:Martin Waldren: Marvin Farrell."

Edited by Big J R

ash 1-4 chertsey.

pomroy (pen), tyson, crossley (unbelivable teeckers), papali

another good win for chertsey to still give them a sniff of the title and yet again another dazzling dispaly from tom o'regan!! after a very early pommers penalty chertsey settled down and played some nice football on a typical end of season pitch with sam belcher pulling the strings in the midfield. chertsey soon doubled there lead soon after when the ball fell to the feet of steve tyson 8yards out who made no mistak. chertsey bossed the game for most of the 1st half untill a defensive lapse aloud ash to pull a goal back just before the break. this seemed to spur ash on as they opened up the 2nd half on the front foot untill midway through the half andy crossley kept hold of possession on the the chertsey left cut back onto his right foot with a cruyff like turn on the edge of the box and then delightfully bent the ball in the far top corner to open up chertsey's 2 goal lead again. once again chertsey settled back into the game and wrapped up the points when the ever impressive tom o'regan cut in from the left to the byline and as the ash goalkeeper came out to close him down he chipped the ball over his head for dean papali to head into an empty net from 6 yards!!! all credit to ash as they never gave up but chertsey's quality told on the night!!!

Very fair report, after the start you got i thought it would be a big win for you, but credit to our lot they never gave in & had your keeper not made an outstanding save to the deflected effort just at the beginging of the 2nd half, maybe it could have been a different story, but in the end you ran out worthy winner.

Also good to see a decent performance from the officials who allowed the game to flow which made it a better game to watch for the supporters

So a ref issues 3 cautions for Dissent and gets grief yet the threads have been suggesting that it should be stamped on :)

Just using it as an example Weebs not having a go or disagreeing with your views.

As before, too many refs are quick to punish dissent, yet let leg breakers go unpunished.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Damned if they don't do what? Apply the laws of the game correctly?

Never mind what people on here, including me, say regarding refs - just do the job.

They manage it in most leagues in the UK, it's only in the South East that refs allow players to get away with all sorts. That's not my view - it's the view of a lot of groundhoppers who travel all over the country watching everything from level 1 to level 17 football.

As I've said before, according to some hoppers, the CCL and SSML are the worst leagues for dissent and swearing at this level and they can't see why it isn't clamped down on as rigourously as it is 'oop north'.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Damned if they don't do what? Apply the laws of the game correctly?

Never mind what people on here, including me, say regarding refs - just do the job.

They manage it in most leagues in the UK, it's only in the South East that refs allow players to get away with all sorts. That's not my view - it's the view of a lot of groundhoppers who travel all over the country watching everything from level 1 to level 17 football.

As I've said before, according to some hoppers, the CCL and SSML are the worst leagues for dissent and swearing at this level and they can't see why it isn't clamped down on as rigourously as it is 'oop north'.

To be fair, it ain't just referees

Judges get the same 'stick'.

One Judge will send a sex-offender down for a long stretch, another, a suspended sentence and community service coz he reckons the 'poor offender' is mis-understood and needs re-habilitation ! :smashfreakb:

Fair shout Kroons but I think the ref could have done better..you know me I never moan at refs as it gets you nowhere..decisions are made good or bad you get on with it but I just feel this was a particularly poor match for the ref.

VP my point was around a referee getting stick for dealing with dissent while you give them stick for not dealing with dissent. Damned if they do and damned if they dont. For example you say clamp down on dissent and TC was saying worry less around dissent and deal with tackles more. This conversation will take place time and time again as it will not change until EVERYBODIES attitudes change and I think we are a long way off that.

As for saying it is dealt with from all around the country I am afraid I will dispute that and use the Premier League as an obvious example. Also been to Reading quite a bit and it isn't clamped down on there either.

Interestingly in the Reading programme there is a forceful advert saying that no swearing is allowed but hundreds are permitted to sing "The Referee is a w*****" every week I have been there and nothing is done about it. And Reading won Family Club of the Year. Makes me wonder how bad other clubs are ?

Weebs I understand what you are saying and was just using the game as an example rather than disagree with what you were saying.

Had a dream last night about how to solve the Current Crisis of No Respect in Football towards Referees.Each player and Management Team has to deposit £40 per person with an Independent Adjudicator before the game.If they are booked or sent off this money would be deducted after the game from the said £40.Knowing many players like I do,finding the £40 in the first place may be a problem,as they do seem a Poor Bunch,you only have to read N.L.N. Player profiles on a Sunday,very few have cash in their pockets,or have ever paid to watch a game.This site proves also what a Tight bunch they are,with a few exceptions,Players come on here moaning about Refs,Pitches,but have not paid their Entrance Fee.The other added bonus for Clubs would be that Players,would have cash in their Pockets after the game,to put back into the Club,whilst waiting for their Wages.Which when they get they promptly depart the Club,until next time.This would also save Secretary's time having to chase Fine Money.What do you think. May make them think twice about that Swear Word,that disputing a decision,that over the top tackle.

Edited by Smudge

I don't I'm all confused now with what I have said and suggested.

Clamp down on the leg breakers and perhaps less dissent.

Hit dissent the first time it happens in the game, risk many players being cautioned for it and players/management moaning that you cautioned our player for it, why not theirs, but hopefully after a few weeks it will calm down?

Oooh, hows this, when the teamsheets are exchanged, how about the ref says

"the players can talk to me but if they start screaming at I will call them over for a chat. They listen to what I have to say and providing they are polite and calm, I'll listen to what they say. If they interrupt me when I am talking, it will leave me no option but to caution them accordingly."