Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 15/01/11

After just seeing for the first time Johnnos cup final goal. In my honest and always unbiased opinion and I am one to say what i mean, I believe that my number 9 Brunty scored the better goal. He didnt celebrate as he knew that he does that regular and it was just run of the mill for him.:)

Tucks have you seen my goal from both angles?? Swerve, dip, power, curl and a great celebration. yay.gif

Johnno have to give you credit but I believe the celebration was cut short after you realised that when you lifted your shirt there was no 6 pack and hastley pulled it back down!!!

You're not wrong Tucks. The shirt was coming off until i realised a booking and then a silly foul would have seen me red carded and would have taken the shine off the cup final! The 6 pack was lost a few years back.

Ha Ha great shout!! Scored a worldy (thats only been bettered by Brunty) then take my shirt off to celebrate and get a 2nd yellow and then sent off! now that I would have voted for.

Truth be known Brunty was probably in shock,so no celebration!!!!

A nine...ahem eight goal thriller in Whyteleafe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wix72ODN0tQ

571 views already TRS, do you think the ref has veiwed his howler?

The non shown 5 minutes after would make better viewing,can we have a refs howler vote?Beats Y.H.W sending off by a country mile,T.R.S. maybe you should send it to Harry Hills Bloomers.

I think this should be sent in to Soccer AM or something, I'm sure they would air it along with YHW's dismissal.

After just seeing for the first time Johnnos cup final goal. In my honest and always unbiased opinion and I am one to say what i mean, I believe that my number 9 Brunty scored the better goal. He didnt celebrate as he knew that he does that regular and it was just run of the mill for him.:)

Tucks have you seen my goal from both angles?? Swerve, dip, power, curl and a great celebration. yay.gif

Johnno have to give you credit but I believe the celebration was cut short after you realised that when you lifted your shirt there was no 6 pack and hastley pulled it back down!!!

You're not wrong Tucks. The shirt was coming off until i realised a booking and then a silly foul would have seen me red carded and would have taken the shine off the cup final! The 6 pack was lost a few years back.

Ha Ha great shout!! Scored a worldy (thats only been bettered by Brunty) then take my shirt off to celebrate and get a 2nd yellow and then sent off! now that I would have voted for.

Gotta be gutted for Brunty that TRS didnt quite catch it hit the back of the net though........ doh.gif

Gotta be gutted for Brunty that TRS didnt quite catch it hit the back of the net though........ doh.gif

Good job it stayed in the net though,and not bounced out.NOT GIVEN ,THERE WOULD OF BEEN PANDEMONIUM.

Unlike last week NICEGUY I totally diasgree with this weeks assessment. I thought, after the first 10 minutes, we played really well and if it had not been for a MOM performance from their keeper and another terrible mistake in the last two minutes we should have won comfortably. Epsom, as you say and I agree are a very good side albeit inconsistantly and they worked hard on a soft pitch but in the second half in particular it was all one way traffic until the mistake in the last five minutes and not surprising our young heads went down and we should have conceded a late penalty too. The save Borg made from Papali was world class and he made at least two other great saves, we had a blatent penalty turned down and again we hit the post and had a number of other chances. Our performance was much better but at both ends of the field we failed and it is hard to take. I cant fault the players effort though but when things dont go for you they certainly dont. Another hard game against Johno and the Cove boys tomorrow, we have to keep working hard and taking each game at a time and see what happens

MMNNNN CHERTSEYTOWN, IT DIDN'T SEEM THAT WAY FROM WHERE I WAS LOOKING. OF COURSE YOUR COMMENTS WOULD SLIGHTLY BIASE THATS UNDERSTANDABLE AND THAT YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOUR PLAYERS, BUT MAKING THE EPSOM KEEPER MOTM IS STRANGE AS I RECALL ONLY 2 SAVES WORTH OF NOTICE THE OTHERS MAINSTREAM. I DID MENTION THE SAVE HE MADE FROM PAPALI (NUMBER 10?), BUT FOR ME HAD PAPALI HIT THRU THE BALL WITH POWER AS OPPOSED TO TRYING TO CLIP THE KEEPER, HE WOULD NOT HAVE STOOD A CHANCE , BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION. I ALSO MENTIONED YOUR NO. 9 HIT THE POST & FOR ME HE WAS THE MOTM. HE AND YOUR CAPTAIN (CENTRE MIDFIELD) WERE THE ONLY ONES WHO APPEARED TO BE TRYING IN MY OPINION.

AGAIN MY ASSESSMENT DID STATE CHERTSEY HAD ALOT MORE POSSESSION IN THE 2ND HALF, BUT SORRY YOU HAVE TOO MANY INDIVIDUALS WANTING TO DO THEIR OWN THING, BUT IT WAS A BETTER PERFORMANCE THAN AGAINST MOLESEY. SEE YOU PLAYED 4.4.2 WHICH GAVE SOME BALANCE TO THE TEAM BUT STILL SOME DIRE DEFENDING AT TIMES. WHAT STRIKES ME DIFFERENT FROM LAST SEASON, YOU'RE NOW ALWAYS HOOFING THE BALL WHICH AT THIS STANDARD IF THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE DECENT CENTRE-BACKS AS EPSOM DID, YOU'RE PLAYING INTO THEIR HANDS AS YOU DID AGAINST MOLESEY. WHILST YOUR NO. 9 IS DECENT PLAYER AND OKAY IN THE AIR, HE'S ALOT BETTER ON THE DECK BUT I DO APPRECIATE IT WAS WINDY SATURDAY SO ALL THE MORE REASON FOR PLAYING MORE ON THE DECK ???

ANYWAY, ITS JUST AN OBSERVATION CHERTSEYTOWN, HOPE IT HELPS - SO DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE BLOWN THE TITLE NOW ?

COVE WON'T BE EASY TOMORROW.

Edited by NICE GUY

I linked the Farnham video by TRS to a referee forum! I wanted their opinion on the officiating which is on display. I certainly have my own thoughts on it...

Great question on the keeper's glasses. I'm not sure if it is a serious one or not though ;)

A serious one like should both keepers be wearing the same colour or is the ball inside or outside of the quadrant for the corner kick from which Warlingham scored their 2nd goal (5m10s into video) wink.gif

Edited by Green_Fingers

I linked the Farnham video by TRS to a referee forum! I wanted their opinion on the officiating which is on display. I certainly have my own thoughts on it...

Great question on the keeper's glasses. I'm not sure if it is a serious one or not though ;)

A serious one like should both keepers be wearing the same colour or is the ball inside or outside of the quadrant for the corner kick from which Warlingham scored their 2nd goal wink.gif

You are very observant GF. Maybe you should take up officiating ;)

A serious one like should both keepers be wearing the same colour or is the ball inside or outside of the quadrant for the corner kick from which Warlingham scored their 2nd goal wink.gif

You are very observant GF. Maybe you should take up officiating ;)

Gave that up years ago TRS - paperwork was a nightmare in my refereeing days smile.gif

A serious one like should both keepers be wearing the same colour or is the ball inside or outside of the quadrant for the corner kick from which Warlingham scored their 2nd goal (5m10s into video) wink.gif

Lets be honest...... They missed a clear goal! Do you really think they would of noticed the ball being an inch out of the quadrant from a corner....??

I have a party 7 if you need it........

BBM- it was clearly wide unlucky not getting the hatrick !! :)

Shame you did produce that form in the fans focus game !! Lol

It was nerves mate! Smudge made it clear it was a matter of life or death!

B.B.M. you were excellent for the Fans Focus X1,you got the winner after all.But your finishing was better Saturday,even though you were carrying an injury,what could you do if you were fit.The keeper was wearing glasses,and the fault for the hole in the net lies firmly at the Assistant who arrived 25 mins late.

BBM- it was clearly wide unlucky not getting the hatrick !! :)

Shame you did produce that form in the fans focus game !! Lol

It was nerves mate! Smudge made it clear it was a matter of life or death!

B.B.M. you were excellent for the Fans Focus X1,you got the winner after all.But your finishing was better Saturday,even though you were carrying an injury,what could you do if you were fit.The keeper was wearing glasses,and the fault for the hole in the net lies firmly at the Assistant who arrived 25 mins late.

Smudge, were you not asked to run the line at the start in the absence of the appointed assistant???

He was wearing them Tristan.