Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

I know of 3 pubs that have closed down over here this week,as for getting 33 customers in each of them,those days went a long time ago.As for Poole and Weymouth,is that close to C.C.L. Grounds.Nice to see your all loaded in Guernsey,money no object attitude.Would be more impressed if they went to watch the lesser Football League Teams,but as they say Money goes to Money.

Don't assume we are all loaded in Guernsey its a huge misconception. In my case I am not 'loaded' at all. I am married, I have 2 young children and a mortgage. I am the only one earning a wage. Its pointless my wife working because it would all go to a child minder if she did. We are in debt.

So without going into too much detail life is an everyday struggle and my chances to watch Guernsey FC play away are nil.

I will watch every home game though.

Prices are £5 for the stand and £4 else where in Guernsey.

I've read all the Guernsey FC related posts. Smudgeyboy what is your grief with Guernsey FC ? They are doing their utmost for the other CCL to make them feel welcome yet you still try to find hurdles. Get used to it, the other CCL clubs voted them in the league so instead, jump the hurdles and try to find ways to make things even better than what Guernsey FC have already arranged, thats the way forward !

In addition, the Guernsey FC admission cost £4.00/£5.00 is cheaper than other CCL mainland clubs charging £6.00 so again, well done Guernsey FC !

I for one will be going to see Guernsey FC historial first game against Knaphill who should take it all in with the crowd support 'cos it should be a great day for all involved. I would have thought that none of the Knaphill players would have played in front of such a large crowd so a word of advise, don't make a silly mistake !!!!

Smudge stop digging that hole. Everyone else is positive about Guernseys inclusion so please stop your negative remarks especially your last idiotic post about mugging off

NLN just in SMUDGES defence. im not sure you can claim that everyone is in favour, as i have chatted to many already at pre season games. where, a lot of fans, maybe not players or coaches, have been very negative. the one main concern is not so much this season, but future seasons. coffee%20%282%29.gif

I know of 3 pubs that have closed down over here this week,as for getting 33 customers in each of them,those days went a long time ago.As for Poole and Weymouth,is that close to C.C.L. Grounds.Nice to see your all loaded in Guernsey,money no object attitude.Would be more impressed if they went to watch the lesser Football League Teams,but as they say Money goes to Money.

You are really hard work Smudge. Our Island will get behind our team in any way they can, we are not all loaded but one thing is for sure we are all much more positive than you. I think you personally need some kind of hormone treatment to stop your half empty mentality

G.G. I am a realist and really think that the Teams in C.C.L.have been mugged off by Guernsey F.C. Aided in some degree,by the C.C.L. Commitee.This to me was shown by you not inviting a C.C.L.Premier side over for a Friendly,so that the pitfalls of what you were offering could be checked out.No mention of 1pm Kick Offs in the first place,that would of frightened many teams off from voting you in the first place.By my reckoning if your much lauded estimates of your crowds 2000+ AT £5 seated £4 not (do not know of any other Club in the C.C.L. who operates this pricing strategy)YOU WILL NOT NEED SPORTINGBETS SPONSORSHIP,AS YOU ARE DESTINED TO MAKE A PROFIT with these figures.The irony of you having a pre season friendly with Horley falls on stoney ground with me,for their help in getting you elected to the C.C.L.was stated,lets hope that the 3 coach loads come over to this game,so as to put some money into Horleys pocket,now the irony what happens if Horley get relegated this season,they may never visit your wonderful Island,after your promotion this year.So if that happened would you invite them over for A pre-season next year,I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT.Thanks for the Medical Advive G.G.,ARE YOU A TRAINED DOCTOR,my mentality is fine,just know B.B.B's when I meet them,you have reached a low level by your remarks,because when people lose an argument that's what they resort too.Hope I look back in a years time and this post is Totally wrong,but in my opinion what was 3 promotion places has now become 2.BUT THE TURKEYS HAVE CERTAINLY VOTED FOR CHRISTMAS BY LETTING YOU IN,next year it will be the Premier sides turn to moan when your promoted again.

Smudge thanks for the post, you appear to have lots of very strong views for someone who has no allegiance. Thank goodness others are happy to put you right as you are probably the worse advert for anyone aspiring to play non league football. After that rant, and that is what it is, the only one who is going to miss out on this opportunity is you. Please everyone else look forward to coming to Guernsey, dont let negativity like this take the shine out of a chance to play in our beautiful island, you will be all made very welcome

Smudge stop digging that hole. Everyone else is positive about Guernseys inclusion so please stop your negative remarks especially your last idiotic post about mugging off

NLN just in SMUDGES defence. im not sure you can claim that everyone is in favour, as i have chatted to many already at pre season games. where, a lot of fans, maybe not players or coaches, have been very negative. the one main concern is not so much this season, but future seasons. coffee%20%282%29.gif

TF hear what you say and like any new venture there will be teething problems in the beginning, which no doubt when that happens the vultures will be biting at the neck with comments ''I told you so'' so all those involved with Guernsey FC and their forumites beware !!!

Whilst I apprecaite fans are negative probably because of the cost to go to Guernsey to support their team, but it's like me and comments I read that managers, players and coaches await the FA Cup and FA Vase draws, in hope that they get drawn against a club outside the CCL so to experience another club/team and their facilities being something new.......... so try and treat Guernsey the same.

Remember the other CCL clubs voted Guernsey in the CCL.

Your team only needs to play Guernsey away once a year (unless a cup draw brings you back)

Your fans will potentially miss one game if they do not travel to Guernsey. None of this seems to add up to me as I gathered that the crowds for CCL Div 1 games were only small in any case. Maybe clubs should work on getting bigger crowds at home before they panic about a few not travelling to Guernsey. Also as Guernsey are something new to the league it may help bring a few nosey supporters back to your home games. I still cant see what the issue is for the mainland teams on the other hand all of your points definitely fit the Guernsey fans. If they want to watch GFC they will need to travel every 2nd week, but do you hear any moans or groans, no, because we will go to all of the games that we can afford

Couldn't agree more NLN. I don't know anyone who is actually INVOLVED with a CCL1 club who isn't loving the fact that Guernsey have joined the league and is looking forward to both their teams visit to Guernsey and the reverse fixture.

As Smudge says he is only a groundhopper and I imagine his views above aren't the same ones shared by the majority of teams and their associates!!

You dig NG and any others out for being disrespectful Smudge........I suggest you take a look in the mirror at times!

Couldn't agree more NLN. I don't know anyone who is actually INVOLVED with a CCL1 club who isn't loving the fact that Guernsey have joined the league and is looking forward to both their teams visit to Guernsey and the reverse fixture.

As Smudge says he is only a groundhopper and I imagine his views above aren't the same ones shared by the majority of teams and their associates!!

You dig NG and any others out for being disrespectful Smudge........I suggest you take a look in the mirror at times!

Jurgs, I think you and Smudge could be the new duncs and NG, if he were to bite at your posts. The only time you seem to post lately is when commenting on Smudge!!!!

Jurgs, I think you and Smudge could be the new duncs and NG, if he were to bite at your posts. The only time you seem to post lately is when commenting on Smudge!!!!

Jurgs have you heard about the new love in the air ........ YV and Smudgeyboy LOL !!!

Who cares if its a 1pm Ko or a 3pm Ko? Quite a few games in Div 1 get moved to 2pm as of Oct time anyway. It would be for one home fixture anyway. Like Daniel said it might be in some clubs best interest to make as much money out of the fixture-why not? Then have a great weekend away all paid for and see what it's like to be a pro for 48 hours. Everyone should be grateful for them being in this league as a lot of players will play the biggest game of their careers whilst having a great weekend away whilst clubs will make a penny from the home games so Mr Chairman and the board will be happy too.

I read some of the threads on here and it's frightening the amount of [****!!****] that's posted. Just enjoy it!!

I was reading this thread with interest and then the last line spoilt it,why do some people in this country think that thier opinion is the only one,its called matter of opinion and then we can have a debate,I am under no disillusions that people will find a lot of my opinions sh1te but they are my opinions,please don't try and tell us we are all wrong and you are right let us decide for ourselves.

Don't assume we are all loaded in Guernsey its a huge misconception. In my case I am not 'loaded' at all. I am married, I have 2 young children and a mortgage. I am the only one earning a wage. Its pointless my wife working because it would all go to a child minder if she did. We are in debt.

So without going into too much detail life is an everyday struggle and my chances to watch Guernsey FC play away are nil.

I will watch every home game though.

Prices are £5 for the stand and £4 else where in Guernsey.

I've read all the Guernsey FC related posts. Smudgeyboy what is your grief with Guernsey FC ? They are doing their utmost for the other CCL to make them feel welcome yet you still try to find hurdles. Get used to it, the other CCL clubs voted them in the league so instead, jump the hurdles and try to find ways to make things even better than what Guernsey FC have already arranged, thats the way forward !

In addition, the Guernsey FC admission cost £4.00/£5.00 is cheaper than other CCL mainland clubs charging £6.00 so again, well done Guernsey FC !

I for one will be going to see Guernsey FC historial first game against Knaphill who should take it all in with the crowd support 'cos it should be a great day for all involved. I would have thought that none of the Knaphill players would have played in front of such a large crowd so a word of advise, don't make a silly mistake !!!!

NICE GUY,JUST GOES TO SHOW,THAT YOU HAVE NEVER WATCHED A C.C.L.1 GAME,NAME ME ONE THAT CHARGES £6 ADMISSION?

I think we all need to watch some football....it's called football turkey... other wise known as closeseasonitus....

We all get it and it has various degrees of strains ........

Jurgs have you heard about the new love in the air ........ YV and Smudgeyboy LOL !!!

I've got a shiney new wagon of my own NG and looking for passengers :) it was however just an observation not a criticism.

Surprised your still on this forum seeing as the team you support got promoted ;)

Who cares if its a 1pm Ko or a 3pm Ko? Quite a few games in Div 1 get moved to 2pm as of Oct time anyway. It would be for one home fixture anyway. Like Daniel said it might be in some clubs best interest to make as much money out of the fixture-why not? Then have a great weekend away all paid for and see what it's like to be a pro for 48 hours. Everyone should be grateful for them being in this league as a lot of players will play the biggest game of their careers whilst having a great weekend away whilst clubs will make a penny from the home games so Mr Chairman and the board will be happy too.

I read some of the threads on here and it's frightening the amount of [****!!****] that's posted. Just enjoy it!!

I was reading this thread with interest and then the last line spoilt it,why do some people in this country think that thier opinion is the only one,its called matter of opinion and then we can have a debate,I am under no disillusions that people will find a lot of my opinions sh1te but they are my opinions,please don't try and tell us we are all wrong and you are right let us decide for ourselves.

Ducs, wasn't implying that opinions were ~@+! Just that some of the info is very mis-leading and far from the truth. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there will never be a wrong or right view. Only people involved with clubs know the truth about whats really going on really, just seems people love degrading other peoples clubs when there are a lot of people putting in a lot of hard work and hours behind the scenes. Like I said no problems with opinions mate-people have said I'm a good player in the past and others hand me a broom when I walk in a changing room :smilewinkgrin: different views are refreshing and can only help improve things. But saying a half-clad camel selling snow on the the A3 told me Cobham have a £50,000 a week budget so it must be true (you may laugh but some posts on here are not far off) so I hate them!!!!! is wrong.

Would it be possible to clarify which conditions have changed since Guernsey were accepted into the CCL?

It was made clear before the voting process that kick off times may be changed to suit travel arrangements. This has to be agreed by both sides though and it is applicable to both games in Guernsey and on the mainland.

Good post KS and Duncs doesnt like people disagreeing with his views and pulls out the old differeing views when it suits him and then slates people for disagreeing with his.

Wait for some post containing the word "Conference" :)

Spor on jurgs, we at lammas are buzzing to play guernsey and to experience playing infront of. 1000+ fans!!